Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The CC is such a shambles with the current fixture set up

Fixtures this late in the year are always going to be rain affected

Thankfully Sussex only need 6 points for the title, but if there was 10 points between 1st and 3rd it shouldn't be down to where there is less rain to who goes up/wins title.
It sort of serves the cricket authorities right that in my view the county championship and loads of games played in it have been so much more exciting than the silly 100 and the one day games that were played by mainly second 11 teams, although Sussex did well in the T20 I can’t say I really watched it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thankfully Sussex only need 6 points for the title, but if there was 10 points between 1st and 3rd it shouldn't be down to where there is less rain to who goes up/wins title.
Although we didn't complain 2006 when the weather that season helped us pip Lancashire to the top gong :ROFLMAO:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Even if there is play over the next few days the wickets are going to be lively with the overcast and damp conditions. So low scores will be the order of the day so batting points will be hard to come by. At most three days play across all Div 2 matches

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You Should.
I thought the Grammar Gestapo had been made redundant a few years back and just had the odd AGM in Argus Comments :ROFLMAO:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It sort of serves the cricket authorities right that in my view the county championship and loads of games played in it have been so much more exciting than the silly 100 and the one day games that were played by mainly second 11 teams, although Sussex did well in the T20 I can’t say I really watched it.
Joe Biden Cheers GIF by C-SPAN

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Although I agree it is silly to be playing cricket this time of year, surely this logic could be applied to any match where it rained during the season?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Although I agree it is silly to be playing cricket this time of year, surely this logic could be applied to any match where it rained during the season?
Well, yes, September can be a really pleasant month

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here