Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think the ECB will definitely want Archer to play: he wants to play test cricket, England want him to play test cricket but as he hasn't played a FC for a few years, the ECB will need to check his fitness.

Robinson will clearly play the whole season, he's lost his central contract and he's way behind Wood, Woakes, Atkinson, Stone, Potts, Hull and Archer (?) in the pecking order.

I don't think we're that far short of being a decent Div 1 side. Archer, Robbo, Seales and Carson is a class attack and Haines/Hughes a solid opening pair. Simpson won't have a such a good season this time round but he's a fine Div 1 player. The middle order looks worrying though, unless Coles really jumps up a class.

We may have Archer for 1-2 games and then Seales for 6 or so.

McAndrew is a very good bowler but not the same class as Seales.

I would be a bit worried if we were relying on Robbo, McAndrew, Crocombe/Hunt and Lamb/FHP/Clark as the seam bowlers.

Crocombe is apparently going into the Lions squad this winter so maybe he can get some good coaching there.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
BUT…the England setup want Jofra playing tests next season. Could we see him for a game or two at the start of the season?

As for Ollie, I think his ship has sailed. I don’t know what happened but it feels like the trust has gone, and that’s tough to come back from. My suspicion is he’s now a long way down the pecking order.
Yes, think Ollie's had his day for England. I heard that the set up were unhappy about some of the "stories" he told on his podcast about what it's like playing for England. I know that he had to take at least one episode down (for at least some heaving editing) because of his tone-deaf narrative.

Frankly, he's not good enough to also be a problem for the regime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here