Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex by the Sea at the Amex – Want to Help?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It would be a start if you got the song name right.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
found this little video on youtube , this is sung at pretty decent pace

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
That would be tragic, we are not at a karoake event!! Can you imagine the pisstaking from other clubs at the plasticness of it :facepalm:

This,although i do agree the way we sing it is a little embarressing ,maybe the so called NSK could rise to the challenge and adapt 3 verses to be sung slowly like an anthem.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
after the first games of my season ticket, it seems as the whole stadium seems to stick with the 'der der der der' instead of the real words something drastics got to happen to get the whole stadium singing the words, whilst it may look awful with the words in the programme or on the screens it seems there's no otherway of getting everyone singing properly

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
after the first games of my season ticket, it seems as the whole stadium seems to stick with the 'der der der der' instead of the real words something drastics got to happen to get the whole stadium singing the words, whilst it may look awful with the words in the programme or on the screens it seems there's no otherway of getting everyone singing properly

That aint gonna happen, SBTS needs addapting and condensing into an albion anthem to be sung slowly
Krispies what do you think?

Last edited:

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I would guess that 99.9% of the people in the Amex don't know more than about three lines.

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
please dont have the words on the big screen it will make us look like a bunch of twits.....the words we sing have served us well for many years...if people want to get this going may i humbly suggest stick to a programme advert or get some flyers left on seats.some of the great football anthems use maybe one verse and a chorus(repeated) any more is just daft,you dont hear west ham singing all verses of the bubble song.......how will it look if we are the only club in the country that has to have an autocue to show our fans how to sing our club anthem? they will mess themselves with laughter

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Totally up for this general idea. I'm happy for creative ones amongst us to work the verses out. Agree we need a bit if help from the club to get things going.

All I know us that even the thought of a full stadium proudly singing our song with scarves held high makes the hairs on the palms of my hands stand on end.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So much nonsense in this thread.

Yes, it would be unusual (not unique) to have a club anthem that extended beyond a few lines - given the history of SBTS it would also be completely superb.

To make it happen we will need the words on the big screen a few times. There is no problem with that.

The prospect of new verses being penned by the NSK, or anyone else, leaves me lost for words.

I would guess that 99.9% of the people in the Amex don't know more than about three lines.

Is the correct answer, they have been trying to decipher 300bpm rendition for the last six years but alas can only make out the incorrect 'up to win the cup' and 'sussex by the sea'! There is an irony that the words 'And take your time from me,' are asking fellow marchers (singers) to follow a pace!

maybe the so called NSK could rise to the challenge and adapt 3 verses to be sung slowly like an anthem.

Within this thread lies more than three adapted versions but there is no general concensus [SIC?] and the chorus cannot even be agreed wether to apply the dumbed down (and irrelevant IMHO) '...to win the cup..' or an adaptation of the original. The song itself SHOULD be adapted to the Albion but should retain the sense of unity and pride of the people from Sussex, not dumbed down.

I posted this earlier in thread, subtle changes, relevant, workable and shows how little adaptation is required to get there but not being on of the revered NSC'ers I don't expect it to have any weight.

Now is the time for marching,
Lest we should fall today,
Victory to the Albion,
Past those in our way,
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take your time from me,
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

Oh, Good old Sussex by the Sea,
Good old Sussex by the Sea,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the sea.

Also there is a lot of rumbling on match days in the concourses as to where the singing is going and for sure the vast majority WANT resolution on SBTS and equally so resolution on the West/North/East Stand chant. Maybe, just maybe if the North Stand were to orchestrate it i.e The North Stand need to turn and face the stand they demand a response from everyone would know who is supposed to be singing, obviously OT and refers to the West/North/East Stand chant.

Just a very simple idea that would work.

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
This is easier to remember:

Now is the time for marching
With Joy in your hearts all day
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring my boys
And make a lot of noise (or: and make some f***ing noise)
and we'll tell them all
that we stand or fall
for Sussex by the Sea

All together now...
Good old Sussex by the Sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
And we're going up to win the cup
For Sussex by the sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here