Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex beacon half marathon

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd just get down to the jog shop for a belt. They had a few, only one with two bottle holders though, I think. They've all got pouches for keys and what not. It'll set you back about 20 quid, though he always seems to know a couple of quid off and if you ask for anything cheap he might just chuck it in too (though this only really happens if you are buying trainers and stuff).

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Blimey, some quick times mentioned here. My quickest half is 1:59 at Barns Green last year and that was after a fair bit of training. Don't reckon I'll match that at Brighton. Far less training done and 2 days after my 40th.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The route has been chaged for this so the nasty part of the run out to Rottingdean has been left out as the undercliff pass is not safe and is closed or summat. The route now only extends to the Marina so there's lots of double backing around Madeira Drive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The route has been chaged for this so the nasty part of the run out to Rottingdean has been left out as the undercliff pass is not safe and is closed or summat. The route now only extends to the Marina so there's lots of double backing around Madeira Drive.

That's a bit crap. I would have thought there is plenty of preferable options to double-backing at the end.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Bloody hell, some of these times being mentioned are quite worrying! I managed 2hrs 21mins yesterday and I was well happy with that to be honest. However I do always seem to rise to the occasion on race day and blitz my PB so fingers crossed I won't be crossing the line behind someone in fancy dress!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've got a black toe-nail.

andima

Jan 9, 2005
sussex
am also doing the sussex half 2 weeks time and the full marathon in April can't wait! training going well did 13 miles last week ina bout 1hr 55. Gonna do 16 miles this sunday then nothing next week. Good luck to all who compete

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm aiming for 2:15. I haven't given up the fags like I did for my last half so it's going to be a toughie. Long-ish run for me tomorrow afternoon, then another next Tuesday then nothing until the race.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did a very nice 10 miler last night along the seafront. Running on Hove lawns in the snow was fun.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
im going to try a 7 mile today, then a 10 mile saturday and a 10 mile sunday as i cant be f***ed to go to huddersfield again. then light training tuesday and thursday.

Im getting slightly confused about the course do we have to run up any hills? do we run to rottingdean?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
im going to try a 7 mile today, then a 10 mile saturday and a 10 mile sunday as i cant be f***ed to go to huddersfield again. then light training tuesday and thursday.

Im getting slightly confused about the course do we have to run up any hills? do we run to rottingdean?

Not anymore. The course now extends only as far as the Marina and Hove Lagoon. We start on Madeira Drive and run through town a bit then out to the Marina, where there is a bit of double backing and thenout to Hove Lagoon and back along to Madeira Drive for the finish. No hills. Only worry is the strength of the wind!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just entered the Worthing 20 on 28th March. Anyone else up for this? Good marathon training me things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thinking about it. Doing Hastings Half on the 21st. Like that one.

Spot on, I really like the Hasting half. A grueling start but once you're beyond half way it gets really good.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've just entered the Worthing 20 on 28th March. Anyone else up for this? Good marathon training me things.

Did it last year, 4 x 5 mile laps. It gets a bit monotonous, but if all you're after is a decent long run as Marathon training it does the job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here