Votes: 79 70.5%
  • Yuk!

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sashimi is more the raw fish stuff, Sushi has less of the raw fish, and normally involves smoked or cooked fish bundled together with rice. But you may still hate that, fair play!

Hmmm...it still sounds BLEEEURGH

I'm not adverse to a nice grilled seabass, or a wing of skate. And I like prawns. But cold fish with cold rice (I assume its always served cold ?) is just a nono for me.

That said, I've got to admit I've never actually been brave enough to TRY it, but I just don't think it'd agree with me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So far the voting proves that NSC is mainly Middle Class GAY :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I absolutely bloody LOVE it. TBH I'll even have the cheap and nasty shit from supermarkets, although I like to think I appreciate the real deal too, it is much nicer.

Is it true it's very UNfattening too?

Yes it's pretty much health food
Rice is a massive source of carbohydrates though, so not the thing to be tucking into if you want to lose weight, unless you're exercising a fair amount.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I assume its always served cold ?

Generally, yes.

However Obento in Bristol has a rather cheeky tempura sushi thing on their menu. We ordered it mainly out of curiosity, largely expecting to receive a maki roll with some tempura vegetable in the middle, but NO. It was like Scottish sushi - they'd coated it in (tempura) batter and deep fried it. And that, my friend, is genius.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was like Scottish sushi - they'd coated it in (tempura) batter and deep fried it. And that, my friend, is genius.

Still sounds like rather an acquired taste. Something I'd try a little bit of from someone elses plate, rather than taking the PLUNGE myself with.

*wimp*

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
can't believe no-one has mentioned the obvious spin-off benefit of taking a bird out for a sushi dinner.......

that even if you don't get your afters, you can still pretend you did, by going home with fishy smelling fingers.

luvvly jubbly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
His (Buzzer) boys like Sushi Gardens in Preston Street or Oki-Nami.

They regard Yo Sushi as pretend food for beginners.

They are also going to grow up GAY. IMHO.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
can't believe no-one has mentioned the obvious spin-off benefit of taking a bird out for a sushi dinner.......

that even if you don't get your afters, you can still pretend you did, by going home with fishy smelling fingers.

luvvly jubbly.
??? As benefits go, that one is a bit tenuous I feel.

In my opinion, there is no benefit in taking a bird for sushi UNLESS you do actually get laid. Which makes it all the funnier if you spend 300 notes and that's what happens. I really wouldn't be telling my mates about it if it was me. :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I can eat sushi but it's certainly not near the top of my list of favourite foods and it always ends up being a bit pricey. Having said that food arriving on a conveyor belt is QUALA and should be adopted by more restaurants

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sushi don by a PROPER sushi chef is YUM

If not its YUK... I had [possibly the worst sushi I have ever had in Kiev... I could hav emade bettetr with 3-day old fish!!!

Still, yum from time to time.....not every day.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Generally, yes.

However Obento in Bristol has a rather cheeky tempura sushi thing on their menu. We ordered it mainly out of curiosity, largely expecting to receive a maki roll with some tempura vegetable in the middle, but NO. It was like Scottish sushi - they'd coated it in (tempura) batter and deep fried it. And that, my friend, is genius.

I have eaten in Obento a couple of times, amongst many other Bristol restaurants, have to say it rates as one of my favourites...the only other to compare is the Indian place in the old stock exchange, which was amazing!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love sushi but sashimi is the dogs: rice, sashimi, soy, wasabi and a pint of ice cold super dry nippon lager. Simple but highly nice.

Oki-nami do a very good sashimi.

Next to the venue we're in in Bangkok there's a Japanese food court. So far this week I've had sushi for lunch everyday and it's just bloody lovely.
Malaysian Laksa for dinner *droole* tonight and the best Thai fish cakes in the history of fish as a food ever last night.
Opening night party tonight, a heady mixture of gorgeous women, gorgeous food and ice cool Singha beer.

I bloody love my job. xx Up the Albion

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a cop out to be a chef in Japan, apart from the stress over serving Fugu, you don't even have to cook the stuff ! Might as well go gnaw on a raw mullets arse if you like raw fish, at least its cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here