Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I love the Albion- That is my life in 4 words.
I first fell in love with the club back in 2001 when my mate lent me his 2000/2001 seaosn video of the seagulls winning the league. I actually watched my first game way back in 2010 on Sky sports 1 against Bournemouth, I've never stopped following the Albion on skysports news ever since. We've re-named the dog Dicker and my son Murray. I even made my wife get a tattoo of Zamora 25 on her neck. We all love the Albion in my house!
Other than that I guess I'm just your standard day to day outgoing bloke, Hope you like me! x

Ring any bells?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
he has a point in a way. I am not sure I would have allowed Season Ticket holders to buy another 2 on top of their own allocation so "mates" can come along and experience the glory of the last game of the season and hopefully the promotion party when there are poeple who have supported the club through thick and thin and perhaps have fallen on hard times and cant afford 3 tickets in one bash!

BUT having said that whatever the sanctimonious comments from some people above suggest, the game and the way it is marketted and finianced has changed , not necessarily for the good, as mentioned by the aussie at the presentations " ....football these days is not about the day to day fan, its about the fans who pay up front, have their meals , buy their clubs clothing , make it a whole day experience, and help take the finances forward .." This was in reaction to my question about only having 900 svailable on the day. That said it all to me really.

I just hope that when we have our bad days again, these people like Falmer above are still around to buy tickets at the new stadium and haven't lost interest like so many before them.
I've got to say I think that's a slightly more balanced view than a lot of the "Tough shit" 'comments. We too would have liked to have gone to the last game but there's no way I could have lashed out on TWELVE tickets (if it was true that you had to buy three matches at once. If it wasn't then I got misled somewhere).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm puzzled why you will be missing most of next season? The cheapest seats are £33 per month and most people in work can afford that surely?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
he has a point in a way.

You are talking about an entirely different theme.

He says he has missed only 5 or 6 matches at Withdean in 12 years. So presumably most/all league games at £25 (plus a booking fee) a pop. Two games = £50. A bit of planning and he can have a season ticket for £40 a month without having to worry about buying on an individual basis.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The ST plus 2 for the last 3 game s was a shit idea.
The new packages though are excellent for Falmer.
And there is a shortage of dosh around at the moment so I`m going to limit myself to only 8 pints before tomorrows game,
You have to make sacrifices.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I supported this club through every type of condition and every standard we've been at whilst at tHe Withdean. I've travelled up to Carlisle and I've watched us lose at Gillingham. But yet I dont deserve to watch us play our last game at Withdean and I'll probably miss most of next season including the first game. Why? Not rich enough. Only just got the money to purchase both Hudderfield and Southampton tickets and already its sold out. So I'll be missing the 2 last games of the season and of Withdean regardless wether I've missed no more han 5/6 games over the last 12 years. As excited as I am about next season I'm also aware I probably wont see alot of the Albion anymore. We've my wages I'll never match the demands and upfont payments the club now require for matches as far as a month away.
Oh well, guess this is where some of the beauty ends for me. At least the rich can replace my support with well earned cash. Biggest joke is the guy across the rd from me has just got himself both a season ticket next season and a ticket for the 2 last games of the season. He supported West Ham last season!

Having read your profile, I dont think u have been around very long and you are not very old..."best albion moment" SEEING ON MY PHONE ALBION SCORED A LAST MINUTE EQUALISER AT EXETER>PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,,,,,,

Do u smoke? if so give up, that will save u money for a season ticket..

I don't think I am alone in people getting pissed off with the whining on here.
I cant go to the last Withdean games..unless I can get a ticket on here.......personally I dont care if I never see Withdean again....

I have tickets for Daggers, Walsall and will go to Notts County.

Stop moaning

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The new packages though are excellent for Falmer.
And there is a shortage of dosh around at the moment so I`m going to limit myself to only 8 pints before tomorrows game,
You have to make sacrifices.

I dream of having 8 pints which now has been cruelly denied me for the rest of my life
....only 3 units a day allowed ( and you cant store them up and have a binge!!!):cheers::(:( still at least I am still here

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Perhaps the thinking was to let those who have brought new fans to the amex will bring them along to these games so that when we get to the amex people don't constantly hear "who's that guy?" "Are we the ones in blue and white, or the ones in red?" "Why do they keep passing the ball between the defenders and the keeper, don't they know the goals up that end, hoof it!"

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I don't believe what i am reading here. Rich supporters only? Try living on my disability benefit with a wife and three kids to support, then you will know the meaning of poor. As Easy said, the club have bent over backwards to allow us to pay by monthly direct debit. Which is cheaper per month than 2 matches at the moment. As for you not being able to get to the last couple of matches, I am afraid that's just tough. If you didn't have the money, its hardly the clubs fault is it? Unbelievable.

Especially if you have been paying £28 a game at Withdean!

£25 a game I spend (can't afford the internet charge). Look, I can only afford match tickets at a time with my income. Season tickets are just too expensive for me. My point is that being a regular match ticket buyer means nothing when it comes to piority tickets. When we get games against the likes of Arsenal and Man U, I'll have a very slim chance of going. It's a bit bothering because these games are the ones which I'd love to be at looking back at the days when I stood behind the goal at the Preistfeild watching dog turd perform. The days when Ian Harte used to moan about bums on seats at the Withdean and I was there, the days when the club almost folded etc. I just feel loyal match ticket buyers should get better consideration for the big and upcoming games. I knew about the offer earlier but with this month being such a expensive footballing period, I've only had till tomorrow for my next chance of purchasing another 3 tickets!. I rang the shop only to be told there are still tickets for the Huddersfield game but you'll need to be with a under-16 to gain one.
I can't wait for Falmer to happen, its been my dream for so long. I really do reckon we're going to have a great season next season. Hope I get to see it!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There was always going to be a lot of people disappointed in not being able to get into the last game at a ground that holds less than 8,000 home supporters. Particularly when we're expecting double that in season ticket holders for next season. Similarly, there will be a big demand for the non-season) tickets for the first game at Falmer. There will be tickets available at Falmer, at prices that you will be able to afford. But you have no right to a ticket.

No disappointment here! I've been a STH for 10 of the 12 years and I don't care one iota that I won't be able to attend last ever game at Withdean! I reckon I've been let off in many ways for good behaviour and been granted "early release" (Sheff Wed will be my last) from ever stepping foot in that dump ever again.

The only "last-ever" game that ever counted was the Goldstone and I was there for (both!) of them. And I don't think I'll be around for the last-ever AMEX game. Besides, I'm there for the 1st and that's better history as far as I'm concerned. Roll on Aug 6th! :albion1:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Reckon this was actually a good fishing attempt that has caught quite a few of us. The Carlisle away trip should have made it clear

How is this fishing? ans why should the Carlisle away trip make it clear? I travelled up there for a 0-0 once (we were to be Champions though).

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
No disappointment here! I've been a STH for 10 of the 12 years and I don't care one iota that I won't be able to attend last ever game at Withdean! I reckon I've been let off in many ways for good behaviour and been granted "early release" (Sheff Wed will be my last) from ever stepping foot in that dump ever again.

The only "last-ever" game that ever counted was the Goldstone and I was there for (both!) of them. And I don't think I'll be around for the last-ever AMEX game. Besides, I'm there for the 1st and that's better history as far as I'm concerned. Roll on Aug 6th! :albion1:

It's different for me as I've grown up in that ground.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How is this fishing? ans why should the Carlisle away trip make it clear? I travelled up there for a 0-0 once (we were to be Champions though).

Because you say you can't afford the £40 a month Falmer installments due to not having the cash up front, but you no doubt spent more than that going to games like Carlisle away.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yep you're quite right, after all:-

That beer won't drink itself.
Those fags won't smoke themselves.
That shop brought sarnie won't eat itself.
Those magazines won't read themselves.
That curry won't eat itself.
That fiver you like to keep on you, won't spend itself.

care to add anymore?

Falmer is one more outlay I/we could do without in this current climate, but we want it, so will make it happen.

Well said. If you can't afford £30-£40 per month for the direct debit, you probably shouldn't be going anyway.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
£25 a game I spend (can't afford the internet charge). Look, I can only afford match tickets at a time with my income. Season tickets are just too expensive for me. My point is that being a regular match ticket buyer means nothing when it comes to piority tickets. When we get games against the likes of Arsenal and Man U, I'll have a very slim chance of going. It's a bit bothering because these games are the ones which I'd love to be at looking back at the days when I stood behind the goal at the Preistfeild watching dog turd perform. The days when Ian Harte used to moan about bums on seats at the Withdean and I was there, the days when the club almost folded etc. I just feel loyal match ticket buyers should get better consideration for the big and upcoming games. I knew about the offer earlier but with this month being such a expensive footballing period, I've only had till tomorrow for my next chance of purchasing another 3 tickets!. I rang the shop only to be told there are still tickets for the Huddersfield game but you'll need to be with a under-16 to gain one.
I can't wait for Falmer to happen, its been my dream for so long. I really do reckon we're going to have a great season next season. Hope I get to see it!

Know where you're coming from. Some of us were their in the darkest hours of the club, providing a lifeline. All I can say is that you can be proud to be called a true Brighton supporter. But for the AMEX to survive and the club to move forward, we'll need more than the 3000 souls like us that, out of a sense of duty more than enjoyment, trapsed to Gillingham and back for 2 depressing years. I sincerely hope you get one of the 5000 or so on the day tickets for the opener. It promises to be a fantastic day.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's a shame that some people won't be able to afford to go to The Amex but if you're a true Brighton fan you should at least be happy that the club won't be running at a loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here