Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Mark McGhee

Just out of interest, what is our record under Wendy, now that quality players are flocking to Withdean with the great wages we pay and passionate fans that support the team?

Icgaf, the football is way better to watch, and we look like we are getting better instead of worse. The 'record' you refer to, is basically our league position.
What magoon does in the SPL is immaterial to that. Maybe he'll work wonders for Motherwell, and have money at his disposal, and live long and prosper. He wasn't doing it for us, and we wasn't going to make things better - whereas Wilkins already has.

Just out of interest, what is our record under Wendy, now that quality players are flocking to Withdean with the great wages we pay and passionate fans that support the team?

Let me ask you a question or two now;

What kind of squad did McGhee inherit, and what did he do to improve on it?

When he departed, what kind of squad did his successor inherit?

Which of his signings, have proved to be greatest and most enduring talents for The Albion?

Apart from one player improving during his tenure (which to be honest, may have had less to do with mcghee, and lots more to do with that player), and getting lots of money when sold - who did he buy and nurture, that turned into a brilliant player?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let me ask you a question or two now;

What kind of squad did McGhee inherit, and what did he do to improve on it? He inherited a mediocre squad with one good goalscorer, he improved on it by signing players on loan such as Iwelumo

When he departed, what kind of squad did his successor inherit? A squad that had lost its best players (Cullip, Virgo, Harding, Currie, Knight and CKR, but this did prevent the club going into administration

Which of his signings, have proved to be greatest and most enduring talents for The Albion? Did he actually ever sign many players for cash? They were all freebies apart from CKR and Henderson, both of whom turned in a profit

Apart from one player improving during his tenure (which to be honest, may have had less to do with mcghee, and lots more to do with that player), and getting lots of money when sold - who did he buy and nurture, that turned into a brilliant player?Harding and Virgo were both nurtured by MM, and Currie made the club a £250k profit in the space of four months. Paul McShane was an inspired loan signing.

I think he did a good, not fantastic, job, under trying circumstances. If you ask those same questions in relation to Wendy, will you generate better answers? I have been to Doncaster, Torquay and Orient in the last few weeks and we don't look great, and if you took Forster away we would be in the bottom quarter of the table.

I don't understand your hatred of the bloke. His football was functional, we paid far lower wages than other clubs in the Championship, so we had to scrap to get results, that is a function of economics, not management.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I could take NMH seriously if he did not undermine his arguments with silly schoolground name calling such as " magoon " , I mean how old are you NMH 12 ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This debate could rage on and on, for some totally bizarre and unexplained reason McGhee is seen by some sections of BHAFC support as the anti christ, the devil's spawn, he is hated before any comprehension and it is baffling, NMH even did a post slagging off McGhee because he had had the audacity of having a meal in his local.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH even did a post slagging off McGhee because he had had the audacity of having a meal in his local.

Which wasn't even his local because NMH lives in Henfield and the 'local' in question was at Poynings.
I think he thinks it is witty, ironic and funny.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Displaying your ignorance is no way to convince people of your view.

US likes to throw black pots from glass houses.

Yorkie agrees. She likes to tell everyone, like a troll under a bridge no-one crosses.
But she recognizes irony....... or is it tin? Well whatever the Uncle Spielberk pot is made of, Yorkie agrees.

As for moi, I used to call Coppell 'Coppout', and when the Cop fits, I don't mind to let them wear it, copiche? And ma GOON wears his moniker oh-so well too. Not like he didn't ever disregard the fans, as well as reasonable tactics, in his time - so a smidgen of disregard is only what he's due, imo.

That MM was feasting it up at my local, on Albion wages, rather than even attempt to get a job of work in his chosen profession, shows that the 'tard with the lard wasn't looking too hard for a place to put his card, and I didn't say 'en guard' to the fat pilchard because I was not that jarred to want to get barred. :ban:

:drink:

:cool:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
(long pause, while YorkieTalkie calls family, checks maps, dives into yellow-pages for postal codes etc)

(NMH taps fingers patiently, awaiting next hand-on-chest announcement of 'recovery' from the brain under the beleaguered bouffant)

I was eating my dinner. I know exactly how Poynings is from Henfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here