Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Super Bowl XLV1 New York Giants v New England Patriots - Official Match Thread***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Giants are really moving the ball effortlessly

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? I've watched this for the last two years, and it just seems like slow rugby with far less athletes and a lot more celebrations after making a 5 metre sprint. I'm still non the wiser.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dreadful error by Patriots with 12 players on the pitch

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've never seen the Pats looking so unsettled

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? I've watched this for the last two years, and it just seems like slow rugby with far less athletes and a lot more celebrations after making a 5 metre sprint. I'm still non the wiser.

Each team is trying to move the ball to the non-green bit of the pitch (end zones). They get four chances to move it at least ten yards (once they move ten yards from the start of the first attempt, they get another 4 tries to move it at least ten yards from the new spot). Since, if they don't make it ten yards by the fourth attempt possession goes to their opponents teams tend to kick the ball so it is as far from their end zone as possible, that way the opponents have further to move the ball. If they are close enough, they may try to score a field goal (3pts) by kicking it between the upright poles.

Getting the ball to the end zone = touchdown for 6 pts after which they have the choice of a 1pt conversion (like a field goal from close and usually scored) or a two point conversion (one attempt at a second touchdown from close to the end zone) for 2pts (this is only tried when necessary).

The ten yards will be affected (increased or decreased) by penalties. Yellow lines are added to the screen to show you how far they have to get the ball to get a new set of four attempts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Finally Brady gets the ball moving

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Each team is trying to move the ball to the non-green bit of the pitch (end zones). They get four chances to move it at least ten yards (once they move ten yards from the start of the first attempt, they get another 4 tries to move it at least ten yards from the new spot). Since, if they don't make it ten yards by the fourth attempt possession goes to their opponents teams tend to kick the ball so it is as far from their end zone as possible, that way the opponents have further to move the ball. If they are close enough, they may try to score a field goal (3pts) by kicking it between the upright poles.

Getting the ball to the end zone = touchdown for 6 pts after which they have the choice of a 1pt conversion (like a field goal from close and usually scored) or a two point conversion (one attempt at a second touchdown from close to the end zone) for 2pts (this is only tried when necessary).

The ten yards will be affected (increased or decreased) by penalties. Yellow lines are added to the screen to show you how far they have to get the ball to get a new set of four attempts.

So....Rugby League? :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here