Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Super Bowl XLV1 New York Giants v New England Patriots - Official Match Thread***

D

Deleted member 18477

Why does it take 3 hours to play a hours game?

there was some american football player (Ndamukong Suh) on soccer AM yesterday... he said americans actually look forward to all the 'comercials' on superbowl day... they're an incredibly weird nation!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Giants all the way for me!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
there was some american football player (Ndamukong Suh) on soccer AM yesterday... he said americans actually look forward to all the 'comercials' on superbowl day... they're an incredibly weird nation!

Probably because going to the fridge for food is a lot more interesting then the game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I actually really like American football, but it is ruined by the adverts, so much that I can't be bothered to watch it.

Agree, love the game but watching it live is like pulling teeth. Highlights shows are where it's at. I get home from work just after midnight tonite and will watch the adverts til about 1am when I'll hit the hay. Apparently in the first quarter they've got ads by Budweiser, KFC, Best Buy, Hooters, Pepsi, Coke, American Airlines, Holiday Inn, McDonalds, Budweiser, Coors, Nantucket Grill, Radio Shack, Budweiser....etc. etc.

Being serious for a mo - does anyone know if Sullivan Stadium (Foxboro) has had any work done since it was built? I went there in 1989 for a few games and at the time it was one of the smallest NFL stadiums capacity-wise at 60k and it doesn't appear to have changed at all. With all the dosh in the NFL I'd expect the Patriots to be in some 90k megabowl by now.

D

Deleted member 18477

Probably because going to the fridge for food is a lot more interesting then the game.

lol i think he meant they enjoy watching the comercials. there must be some 'new' comercials that get released on superbowl day.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
The commercials during the superbowl are all part of the spectacle. Generally are very unique and funny as they cost upwards of 3,000,000 for a 30 second bit.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going for a Giants win. Also had a little bet on Darron Woodhead (Pats RB) to get the first touchdown at 25-1.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As the advert goes, the Superbowl will be watched worldwide by 120 million people, twice the population of the UK.

The WC was watched by 3.2 billion people, so the Superbowl is really the little game.

Three times as many people watch the Champions League final as watch the Super Bowl. But I'm here in Indy, the weather is fantastic and no-one's ever paid me to go to a CL or WC final so I don't care.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The NFL is the only sport I can watch for the sake of the sport itself. I don't support either team but I absolutely love 'American' football, it's probably my favourite sport.

And one day the Cleveland Browns WILL get to the Superbowl.

D

Deleted member 18477

The commercials during the superbowl are all part of the spectacle. Generally are very unique and funny as they cost upwards of 3,000,000 for a 30 second bit.

i see. are we talking day to day comercials here? i.e breakfast cereal, shampoo, car insurance. or are we talking something else?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It truly is a shit game. It is just no where near as good as rugby.

Strange that you go straight to rugby. No-one has mentioned rugby at all - why not say "It is nowhere near as good as curling"? Or handball?

As a long-time follower of American football (and for the record someone who has played rugby as well), the one thing I cannot STAND is the automatic comparisons to rugby all the time. They are completely different sports with different skill sets, techniques, everything.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I do want to watch it but I've got work tomorrow and, well, I can't be bothered to stay up. I'll probably watch the first half

In terms of the commercials, I'm quite looking forward to the Avengers one which I believe is a new trailer

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
i see. are we talking day to day comercials here? i.e breakfast cereal, shampoo, car insurance. or are we talking something else?

now upto 3.5 million per 30 second this year, David Beckham in his pants is one on tonight apparantly..
historically famous people in ads for cars, macdonalds etc, ridley scott directed an ad one year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the subject of US Football, we're hoping to go to the States later this year and I would love to go to a game. Anyone been and know how easy / difficult it is to get tickets?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I want to watch it but a) Im shattered already and b) Ive got work at 7am tomorrow so staying up until 2am probably isnt wise!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On the subject of US Football, we're hoping to go to the States later this year and I would love to go to a game. Anyone been and know how easy / difficult it is to get tickets?

We are talking over 20 years ago but very simple, we saw the Bucs v the Bills in Tampa and purchased tickets before we left the UK via Ticketmaster

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We are talking over 20 years ago but very simple, we saw the Bucs v the Bills in Tampa and purchased tickets before we left the UK via Ticketmaster

Cheers Mr Hut, will check that out nearer the time :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here