Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Bowl XLIII

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Not every day you see a 100yd. interception return

Indeed. The scariest thing, bearing in mind as you say it's so infrequent, is that when they were literally lining up before that play i turned to my brother and said 'I suppose an interception return for a TD would be too much to ask for right now wouldn't it?' :ohmy:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
With a lifetime of watching football in the U.K., it surprised me that the Cardinals scored their last touchdown so quickly after getting the ball back, with the clock running down. Wouldn't it have been better to run the clock right down with some short running plays, score the TD and not allow any time for the Steelers to go up the other end and score?

I take your point, but what do you expect them to do when Fitzgerald gets the ball THAT wide open? He's hardly going to stop and get tackled is he, what if he turned the ball over? Or it was turned over on one of the subsequent plays?

You just have to trust the defence to do its job, and they couldn't manage it. Even though, if Warner had managed to bomb it to the endzone on the last play, with Fitzgerald in there they'd have a half decent chance!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For those of you like me who love watching trick plays, these are bloomin brilliant! :thumbsup:

Can't-Miss Plays: Best trick plays of 2008

Some fab plays, I am a sucker for the flea-flicker, next years will have the one by the Cards in the playoff game against the Falcons.

29 seconds in

NFL Video Galleries

I find the pro bowl a bit of an anti climax, it always feels such a long wait until the new season in September. But another great season done and dusted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here