Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Bowl XLIII

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Steelers will win it, and i will fall asleep during the half time show FACT

I intent to use the half time show as a chance for a POWERNAP! Springstein is SHITHOUSE!

Should be really good to see how our D matches against Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald as the pass coverage this year has been superb. If the Cards are gonna upset us they need to keep trying to get James involved, even if he doesn't get too many yards because that's their best chance of keeping Polamalu in and around the box rather than in coverage.

I think if Ward can play at at least 80% for the majority of the game and Ben just plays solid like he has in the playoffs we'll do it but the Cards really have enjoyed the underdog status this post season.

Go STEELERS! :clap2::clap2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Am i the only Steelers fan on here?

Cmon the steelers! Taken there time to get to the superbowl and now its time to do it!!!

I presume you are too young to remember Terry Bradshaw, the Steel Curtain and the four Superbowls Pittsburgh won back in 1975, 1976, 1979 and 1980?

Having watched the NFL since the early 1980's (when the Cardinals were in St Louis) I would love them to win tonight as they have been down so long but lightweight running offenses never win Superbowls so the Steelers it must be by at least 10, maybe more.

Hope it is a decent game whatever the result, I'm taking tomorrow off, got the beers in, just hope the BBC coverage has improved from last year.....

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I intent to use the half time show as a chance for a POWERNAP! Springstein is SHITHOUSE!

Should be really good to see how our D matches against Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald as the pass coverage this year has been superb. If the Cards are gonna upset us they need to keep trying to get James involved, even if he doesn't get too many yards because that's their best chance of keeping Polamalu in and around the box rather than in coverage.

I think if Ward can play at at least 80% for the majority of the game and Ben just plays solid like he has in the playoffs we'll do it but the Cards really have enjoyed the underdog status this post season.

Go STEELERS! :clap2::clap2:

If Springsteen is SHITHOUSE like you say, perhaps it is appropriate half-time entertainment for a SHITHOUSE event?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Tonight we will mainly be eating wings / burgers / chips and dips and generally immersing ourselves in one of the biggest days on the US calendar.

That about sums it up. The shelves in the local shops have all been stripped bare of booze, nibbles and party food. NBC are running a 5 hour pre-game programme which even by American standards seems a tad overblown. I reckon it’s a one horse race - but, like most Americans who are not supporters of one of the teams, I’m more interested in what the results will be after each of the four quarters as there are big bucks to be made in the office pools ! Probably be a lot of no-shows at work tomorrow as a lot of the porkers will be sleeping off the previous nights excesses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Steelers , as the Cardinals are the American version of MK Dons.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
What a choice - division rival Cards, or the cheating terrible towels... really don't think I will stay up for this one!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have the Sky+ set for it, but only because I want to watch The Boss doing the halftime show.

punk:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great quote their from Brucey 'I did play the game a bit in my back yard back in 58, but have not played a lot since'.

30 minutes before all systems go, Sky recon a 7th of the worlds population will watch this superbowl.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
How can they play football with all that gear on, and the ball seems to have gone out of shape. No wonder Beckhams gone to Milan.:dunce:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just saw Kurt Warner's missus - what a little hottie!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
classic grid iron

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here