Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Bowl XLIII

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The NFL thread seems to have dropped like a stone, so I thought I'd start this one for tonight's festivities.

Any predictions? I have a sneaky feeling the Cards could do it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully I will stay awake but will watch it on BBC1 in bed.

Cardinals for me as well.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Not too bothered about the football, but will deffo stay up for Springsteen at H/T :)

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I want the Cardinals to win as well. But I think the Steelers will beat them.

Score prediction: Cards 21 Steel 28.

Last edited:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Am i the only Steelers fan on here?

Cmon the steelers! Taken there time to get to the superbowl and now its time to do it!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Am i the only Steelers fan on here?

Cmon the steelers! Taken there time to get to the superbowl and now its time to do it!!!

I'm torn here, I like the underdog Cards but having said that I would say that Pittsburgh is just about the nicest city I have seen in the US. It's no longer a steel town and in fact is very modern and cosmopolitan and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I predict that I will settle down with the Red Bull and snacks at the ready, as I have done for the last few years, and then promptly fall asleep 5 mins into the game and wake up about 5 mins after it has finished, as I have done for the last few years!

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I'm torn here, I like the underdog Cards but having said that I would say that Pittsburgh is just about the nicest city I have seen in the US. It's no longer a steel town and in fact is very modern and cosmopolitan and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.

Spot on!
Nice city and nice people.
Saw the Steelers v Miami in a quagmire and was 0-0 with under 3 mins left!
Amazingly, about a 1/4 of the stadium left to beat the congestion :ohmy:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
going to the father in laws for a superbowl party. Everyone goes nuts over here for it. Even more than we do in the UK for FA cup final day!!!
I think the steelers will be to strong today and will romp to an easy win by at least 20 points.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Comfortable win for the Steelers I reckon although part of me would like to see the underdogs pull it off. Don't reckon too many people would have tipped Arizona to make it back in September "before a ball was spiked" to create my own cliche.

Tonight we will mainly be eating wings / burgers / chips and dips and generally immersing ourselves in one of the biggest days on the US calendar.
Need to go out and stock up on beers. Anyone care to suggest suitable non-Anheuser/Miller products?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Anyone care to suggest suitable non-Anheuser/Miller products?
The Wegmans around here all have wells banana beer which is a must bud :) think I will probably be drinking Sam Adams Cherry wheat or a few glasses of vino :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here