Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You are joking right? Ince is arguably the best player in this division*

*In my opinion, of course.

I'm an idiot. I was talking about Thomas Ince (as I'd just meentioned him in the previous post)

Silly me. Apologies to the poster I originally quoted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around £2m is all profit and will be re-invested back in the team, as long as we sell early.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What I never understand is the way people talk about transfers and player valuations.

You don't sell a player when you reckon someones paying a "fair" price. You sell when it becomes to irresistable to do so.

I can't see Sunderland paying a price where we simply can't resist.

However, With player power being what it is, the moment a GOOD price is offered for a player who demands he wants to leave....well, that's a completely different scenario sadly.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Around £2m is all profit and will be re-invested back in the team, as long as we sell early.

Do you have any particular players in mind that we should look to buy in?

My concern is how much money might be left - and what sort of quality player it would allow us to afford if we tidy up some existing issues first i.e. offer Ward a permanent deal and put Ince on a better contract?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you have any particular players in mind that we should look to buy in?

My concern is how much money might be left - and what sort of quality player it would allow us to afford if we tidy up some existing issues first i.e. offer Ward a permanent deal and put Ince on a better contract?

No idea however very interesting to see what Oscar buys given all the players we have were here before him bar Chicksen I think.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ince is not and will not EVER be the same calibre as Bridcutt !! people are dreaming if they think otherwise

One of the most idiotic statements that I have ever read on NSC, if I may say so. Ince's potential is unlimited. The same cannot be said for Bridcutt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What I never understand is the way people talk about transfers and player valuations.

You don't sell a player when you reckon someones paying a "fair" price. You sell when it becomes to irresistable to do so.
Exactly.

However, With player power being what it is, the moment a GOOD price is offered for a player who demands he wants to leave....well, that's a completely different scenario sadly.
It shouldn't be. Rooney and Suarez wanted to leave, but the clubs said no. Palace didn't have to accept £5m for Zaha, even though he'd have wanted to go, they held their ground and got paid for doing so. We should do the same.

We need Bridcutt to help us push for promotion more than we need £3m to spend on someone who might not fit in the team.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
What many on here don't understand is the role Bridcutt plays is in high demand for top level teams in Europe, and not many can do that role.

He is actually more suited to the EPL than the Championship where there are much less 'bruising tough workhorse midfielders,' and much less 4-4-2 formations.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I fear for Bridders if he follows Poyet to Sunderland. The pressure and expectations will be high..........look what happened to Fellaini who followed Moyes to Man Utd. Poyet could be sacked by end of the season for failing to keep Sunderland up, where will that leave Bridcutt being one of Poyets signings?

Bidders is better off going to a mid table prem team. He is good enough but needs time to settle, without the pressure.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I fear for Bridders if he follows Poyet to Sunderland. The pressure and expectations will be high..........look what happened to Fellaini who followed Moyes to Man Utd. Poyet could be sacked by end of the season for failing to keep Sunderland up, where will that leave Bridcutt being one of Poyets signings?

Bidders is better off going to a mid table prem team. He is good enough but needs time to settle, without the pressure.

I'm sure that any decent player like Liam making a name for himself in the Championship would fancy their chances in the Prem.

There is extreme pressure at any Prem club but Bridders would be expected to really hit the ground running at Sunderland, there is no time for a settling in period. The pressure on him will be very high, plus he will be seen as 'Poyet's man'. I also feel that Sunderland aren't helping themselves with a succession of red cards and suspensions that is just piling extra pressure on them by consistently not having their full squad to pick from. If Bridders can show his true form in those circumstances then he is even better than we know he is.

I would be sorry to see him go and then hate to see him become collateral damage if Poyet's time at Sunderland goes really pear shaped. It's a risky choice for him. I guess the kudos and money might help.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on, let's not give this some momentum. We need players like him if we are looking to progress and go to the promised land of stupid kick off times and overpaid primo donnas taking the piss and kissing the badge shite, horrendous ticket prices and getting trashed on MOTD.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think £2M will be a cheeky opening bid which will instantly be turned down. Sunderland will be asked to increase their offer if they're serious about signing him. Gus knows he is worth at least £4M , the question is at what figure does Tony want to sell Bridcutt as the club will have their own valuation.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No reason that he can't come back again if he goes.

Give him his chance, but get a good price that Oscar can spend in full.

Gus needs to back up his Real Madrid comment with a Real Madrid fee :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know 'lol' is banned from our forum, but that's how TB should reply.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
£2m is definitely more realistic than the £7/8m being spoken about earlier in the year on here.

Personally, I say anything above £3m and we've done some decent business there for a player we picked up on a free. Also, Rohan Ince's development would certainly cushion the blow of losing Bridders.

Thank god you're not in charge of negotiations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that £2M will be the opening bid which TB will reject. They will then comeback in with a bid of £2.5m and we will consider it and reject it and he will eventually leave for about £2.8m

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No less than £6million thank you very much ! NOW **** off Scumderland

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think that £2M will be the opening bid which TB will reject. They will then comeback in with a bid of £2.5m and we will consider it and reject it and he will eventually leave for about £2.8m

Be interesting to see what Oscar does with the money as it will be re-invested in the team.

At this point we will see what sort of a manager he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here