Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun reckons Queen wants UK to leave the EU...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No conspiracy theory here - perhaps more to do with Inners' fear of losing ground.

After the Scottish referendum, Alex Salmond came out and clearly said, that's it, for a generation. Clearly not the SNP's aspiration now. And the EU has undeniably got form for going again with referendums when it doesn't get the 'right' result - that's a matter of historical fact, not a conspiracy theory.

Historical fact. Denmark - Maastricht Treaty and Ireland - Lisbon Treaty . To keep the EU project on track concessions were made to Denmark, including an opt-out from the euro which was one of those taboo areas like free movement which the Pro EU lobby continually tell us is non negotiable in future talks. Not saying another referendum is likely but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Besides, we have our 'cast-iron' opt out from ever-closer-union and our multi-member red and yellow cards.

Cast iron opt-out made in poorest quality pig iron, brittle to the changes that may be imposed in the next treaty, a treaty thats required to make them binding. And such a betrayal would shirley spur some considerable reaction. There's an awful lot of risk in the next 5 years to the EU project and on previous form the architects have one response to risk, further integration. That not what the remain vote is selling, and when people realise this I don't think they dismiss it lightly.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think it would have to be something quite dramatic rather than creeping technocratic overreach to pierce the miasma of public interest and attention. Besides, we have our 'cast-iron' opt out from ever-closer-union and our multi-member red and yellow cards.

Hilarious oh how they change their tune ......

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are you suggesting that the establishment are far to clean to contemplate doing such a thing as that :ohmy:

you must be living in some dreamworld you crazy fool. , you clearly put way to much trust in your government that's for sure..

I'd be embarrassed if I'd posted that. You are completely misreading what I wrote. I simply said that, for the reasons given, I thought that in the real world it would not be possible for anyone to overturn a No vote. That was all. I wasn't claiming that "the establishment are far too clean". I wasn't expressing "trust" in government. It wasn't that sort of post. Stop getting over-excited.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
It's clear to me that the Tory BREXIT characters (each and every one) are hell bent on finding any way to reduce the rights ordinary people have gained from membership of the European Union. Maximum profiteering from low wages. They would have us back to the days of the Poor Law from their mansions in leafy wealthy areas or gated communities well shielded from the rest of us.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's clear to me that the Tory BREXIT characters (each and every one) are hell bent on finding any way to reduce the rights ordinary people have gained from membership of the European Union. Maximum profiteering from low wages. They would have us back to the days of the Poor Law from their mansions in leafy wealthy areas or gated communities well shielded from the rest of us.
And some people have the gall to suggest that it's the Brexit campaign which conjures up scare stories! Unfortunately for you though, that attempt at a scare story is laughable.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
And some people have the gall to suggest that it's the Brexit campaign which conjures up scare stories! Unfortunately for you though, that attempt at a scare story is laughable.

You don't need any gall. You just need a few copies of mass circulation tabloids. Of course the Brexit troops conjure up scare stories. Of course the In camp does the same. Why claim that it's only one side that does it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Your not wrong, and all their mates in the Tory press and trying to tell us how to vote

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yet big business who would profit most from low wages/cheap labour queue up behind the 'Tory staying in the EU characters' .. care to explain why?

Bank of England report finds migration negatively impacts the wages of lowest-paid workers in Britain

http://news.migrationwatch.org.uk/2...s-the-wages-of-lowest-paid-workers-in-britain

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your not wrong, and all their mates in the Tory press and trying to tell us how to vote

Care to explain why the Tory Government, most Tory MP's and big business want us to stay in the EU if you equate Tories/big business = bad/exploit the poor ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You don't need any gall. You just need a few copies of mass circulation tabloids. Of course the Brexit troops conjure up scare stories. Of course the In camp does the same. Why claim that it's only one side that does it?

I didn't claim any such thing - I merely pointed out that the 'Inners' were very keen to say that it's only the 'Outers' that come up with scare stories (as they have done several times on this thread, and as the poster himself claimed). Then, as an 'Inner' he blows that theory away by posting a bit of scaremongering himself - but such an appalling effort that the only thing both sides can do is laugh at it.
'Can't even manage a decent scare story' I think sums it up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why the f**k would Scotland attempt another referendum when the Saudis have totally screwed their economic plan? So much nonsense on these threads and all from the tinfoil hat OUT crew.

I'm completely decided now by the crazies. IN it is because I don't side with retards and mentalists.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Why the f**k would Scotland attempt another referendum when the Saudis have totally screwed their economic plan? So much nonsense on these threads and all from the tinfoil hat OUT crew.

I'm completely decided now by the crazies. IN it is because I don't side with retards and mentalists.

Retard is a word you may want to reflect on.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'd be embarrassed if I'd posted that. You are completely misreading what I wrote. I simply said that, for the reasons given, I thought that in the real world it would not be possible for anyone to overturn a No vote. That was all. I wasn't claiming that "the establishment are far too clean". I wasn't expressing "trust" in government. It wasn't that sort of post. Stop getting over-excited.
forgive me for jumping the gun but nothing would surprise had you did. you put trust in the EU don't you otherwise you wouldn't want to remain in.... worse one out of the two evil's if you want my opinion.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I didn't claim any such thing - I merely pointed out that the 'Inners' were very keen to say that it's only the 'Outers' that come up with scare stories (as they have done several times on this thread, and as the poster himself claimed). Then, as an 'Inner' he blows that theory away by posting a bit of scaremongering himself - but such an appalling effort that the only thing both sides can do is laugh at it.
'Can't even manage a decent scare story' I think sums it up.

To say "And some people have the gall to suggest that it's the Brexit campaign which conjures up scare stories!" clearly implies that the Brexit campaign doesn't conjure up scare stories. You say it doesn't imply any such thing? Fine. Let's agree to differ.

Meantime, can you point me in the direction of any claim that "it's only the Outers" who come up with scare stories? Various posters' points about the Out campaign have been made against the background of Boris's waffle concerning "the agents of Project Fear" in which he, like a raft of posters on here, implied that scaremongering is the preserve of only the In campaign. To show it wasn't I gave an example of scaremongering by the Brexiters but I have never said that the In campaign doesn't do the same. Cameron, for example, has said some daft things today if the press reports are to be believed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here