Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings - Where do you think the team needs strengthening?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A few from the following players wouldn't surprise me !!.
Paul Terry, MF Released by Orient (ex Yeovil)
Wayne Gray F, Released by Orient (ex Yeovil)
Michael Rose LB, Out of contract Stockport (ex Yeovil)
Luke Rodgers S,Released by Yeovil
Paul Warne M/F,Out of contract at Yeovil
Jean Paul-Kalala M, Oldham Out of Contract, (ex Grimsby and Yeovil)
Chris Weale GK, Bristol City Out of Contract (ex Yeovil)
Terrell Forbes D, Yeovil (out of contract)
Andy Welsh M, Yeovil (out of contract)
Len Bond Goalkeeping Coach Yeovil
Nathan Jones Yeovil Assistant Manager
Steve Thompson Bridgwater Assistant Manager (ex Yeovil asst)
Phil Jevons S, Huddersfield (ex Grimsby and Yeovil)

Michael Rose and Andy Welsh are the only ones I would take there, we don't really need any more strikers if we keep owusu.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Robinson has hardly set the world on fire in L2 mate.

And thinking the team is cool after the season we've just had hhhmmm

Each to their own but think you are wildly wide of the mark

Well, OUR team got us out of the mess that Micky Adams and his hordes of loan players/championship players got us into.

Do you really look at the players being chosen by fellow brighton supporters and think wow? That they'll make our side? Teams like peterbrough, scunthorpe, mk dons don't go out and buy names, they bring through players from either lower league or through their clubs and make them into decent players.

Sullivan

Whing
McNulty
Virgo
Elphick

Fraser
Dicker (Try to purchase)
Loft / (Al Bangura or Racon if plausible)

Cox

Forster/Davies/Owusu (Try bring in)
Murray

Need a few players to add a bit of depth but with motivation, organisation + Slade we've seen what they're capable of.

Disagree all you want but after seeing our midfield with Thornton and Savage in it, then seeing the performances recently with a team of more local players, I know which I prefer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well, OUR team got us out of the mess that Micky Adams and his hordes of loan players/championship players got us into.

Do you really look at the players being chosen by fellow brighton supporters and think wow? That they'll make our side? Teams like peterbrough, scunthorpe, mk dons don't go out and buy names, they bring through players from either lower league or through their clubs and make them into decent players.

Sullivan

Whing
McNulty
Virgo
Elphick

Fraser
Dicker (Try to purchase)

Cox

Murray

Need a few players to add a bit of depth but with motivation, organisation + Slade we've seen what they're capable of.

Disagree all you want but after seeing our midfield with Thornton and Savage in it, then seeing the performances recently with a team of more local players, I know which I prefer.

Take your point but every team down the bottom had a similar run to us. We happened to have ours at the right time. It is foolish to think all is ok following our one run of form throughout the season, however impressive it was

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think we need:

1 x Goalkeeper (with Kuipers as reserve)

1 x Centre back (If Lynch isn't coming back)

3 x Midfielders (Inc Dicker please)

1 x Striker (Hopefully Owusu)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Sullivan

Whing
McNulty
Virgo
Elphick

Fraser
Dicker (Try to purchase)

Cox

Murray

spot on. we've got some superb players at the club in my view (cox, elphic, kuipers, forster etc) we don't need to go out and sign 10 players. 1 or 2 key additions and then let slade do his stuff.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
spot on. we've got some superb players at the club in my view (cox, elphic, kuipers, forster etc) we don't need to go out and sign 10 players. 1 or 2 key additions and then let slade do his stuff.

Indeed :)

Incidently, does anyone know anything about Thierry Racon's status? He was awesome when down here on loan, one of the best midfielders I've seen in league 1.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Disregarding contracts this would be my team next season:

Kuipers

Whing Virgo Elphick McNulty

Cox Dicker Loft/Fraser ?? ??

Forster Murray/Owusu

So we need a new winger, sign Dicker and Owusu and we need a loanee at left back until McNulty is fit. Wouldn't say no to another defender but I think Hinsh is good enough, and would also like another central midfielder as, whilst I like Fraser and think Loft could be excellent, they're not necessarily the stuff of promotion sides (Loft possibly could be) - either way we need cover.

Also, please not Racon. He was another Bangura - played well for a couple of games but not sure he could do the job in the long run. We could really do with a CM who is capable of scoring goals, in fact if anyone knows of the new Richard Carpenter please let Russell know!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Midfield is the key problem... sign Dicker, Cox will flourish under Slade... two others required, IMHO...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Think we need back up fullbacks for Whing and Mc Nulty. Also we need to beef up midfield ...creativity is the key and hard work. Not sure out and out wingers will flourish under Slade but if he wants to go that way we need wingers too.

That will gurantee mid-table mediocrity with an outside chance at top half. To go higher we need more depth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A few from the following players wouldn't surprise me !!.
Paul Terry, MF Released by Orient (ex Yeovil)
Wayne Gray F, Released by Orient (ex Yeovil)
Michael Rose LB, Out of contract Stockport (ex Yeovil)
Luke Rodgers S,Released by Yeovil
Paul Warne M/F,Out of contract at Yeovil
Jean Paul-Kalala M, Oldham Out of Contract, (ex Grimsby and Yeovil)
Chris Weale GK, Bristol City Out of Contract (ex Yeovil)
Terrell Forbes D, Yeovil (out of contract)
Andy Welsh M, Yeovil (out of contract)
Len Bond Goalkeeping Coach Yeovil
Nathan Jones Yeovil Assistant Manager
Steve Thompson Bridgwater Assistant Manager (ex Yeovil asst)
Phil Jevons S, Huddersfield (ex Grimsby and Yeovil)

Those two have their merits. Wouldn't be too fussed about the rest...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Think you've got Kalala wrong, HKFC. He wasn't doing much for Grimsby this season so why we should want him in League 1 is beyond me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm blinded by the fact that the last time I saw him play [away to Yeovil last season] he totally ran the game. As I say 'have their merits'. That is all.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agreed. We need a winger to play on the opposite side to Cox. I'd suggest someone with pace and tricks to get round the back of defences, as that's what Cox doesn't have so they'd complement each other well. In the middle we need Dicker signed up a.s.a.p and someone with a bit of vision and creativity alongside him. If we did that, even if it meant totally neglecting the rest of the side, I'd be really confident about us next season.

But Cox is playing a lot better in the middle?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Disregarding contracts this would be my team next season:

Kuipers

Whing Virgo Elphick McNulty

Cox Dicker Loft/Fraser ?? ??

Forster Murray/Owusu

So we need a new winger, sign Dicker and Owusu and we need a loanee at left back until McNulty is fit. Wouldn't say no to another defender but I think Hinsh is good enough, and would also like another central midfielder as, whilst I like Fraser and think Loft could be excellent, they're not necessarily the stuff of promotion sides (Loft possibly could be) - either way we need cover.

Also, please not Racon. He was another Bangura - played well for a couple of games but not sure he could do the job in the long run. We could really do with a CM who is capable of scoring goals, in fact if anyone knows of the new Richard Carpenter please let Russell know!

Cox should be the one scoring the goals. Did you go to Elland Road a couple of years ago? Racon ran the show! Am I really the only one thinking he's talented?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He is, but I'm basing this on the presumption that we'll play 4-4-2. If we do, you clearly can't play Cox centrally as he's too small. So he'd have to be counted as a winger.

I see. Is an interesting conundrum as I'm loving the 4 3 1 2 system (with the ability to change it around) but the good old 4 4 2 has its merits. Which do you prefer? Maybe a good poll :p

Only thing with 4 3 1 2 is it can leave us exploited down the wings as Stockport used to their advantage. I think Jimmy Mac and Whing can deal with this though, and if we continue to use it we'd have to have a couple of midfielders in the 3 deeper who can cover out to the sides better..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here