Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings - Where do you think the team needs strengthening?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Again, can we not bring players through decently from non league etc? Darren Ferguson took George Boyd who two years ago was a confectioner! Now he is in the Scottish B team and rated at 1million! Why can other teams at this level bring through class like that for nothing, yet our scouting system is awful. Dixon for example -.-.

Agree TCB, if he can teach them to interchange throughout the game it would be awesome!

Peterborough is not a great example because they have spent big on the best non league players. Boyd cost them £240,000 so not exactly costing nothing.

I do agree though that there must be better non league players than Pitcher and Dixon around. Have we signed a decent non league player since Gary Hart (I may be missing someone really obvious)?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Peterborough is not a great example because they have spent big on the best non league players. Boyd cost them £240,000 so not exactly costing nothing.

I do agree though that there must be better non league players than Pitcher and Dixon around. Have we signed a decent non league player since Gary Hart (I may be missing someone really obvious)?

Revell was quite useful, and we made a tidy profit on him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Revell.

Some might say Loft.

Ifill and Flinders would be great signings.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
of our midfield, i'd say no one is top 6 quality. Dicker seems to be like he is.

Cox on his day, can be, and Loft seems to be quite promising. Fraser is a worker, but no real class.

Sullivan and Kuipers need to be kept.

3 month loan at left back to cover mcnulty.
virgo and elphick first choice CBs, with el abd, hinsh and hawkins behind.
whing at rb.

midfield, sign dicker and three more. i would also like hammond back.

strikers, hart, owusu, forster, murray, davies is plenty.

so the season ending first 11, plus 3 midfielders imo

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Although we already have enough strikers, we should sign Adam le fondre of rochdale:clap:
Especially if we don't buy Owusu or Murray or someone goes during the summer

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Revell.

Some might say Loft.

Ifill and Flinders would be great signings.

Nathan Elder I suppose, not that he did much for us. Loft came from Chelsea as a trialist?

Apologies, didn't realise they paid that much for him. But I still think our scouting system isn't very good..

But then we are a league one club so what should I expect :dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is not as good as it seems as anybody can write to a club and get a trial. We signed him from, I think it was Hastings who in turn had signed him from Gillingham who didnt offer him a contract.

Maidstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here