Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sullivan to Millwall

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I would rather have kept Sullivan and got rid of Kuipers. More of a long-term option between the sticks and much cheaper.

I would rather we had kept JS too, but if we have to release players I would rather we kept the best players and let the cheap options leave. And FDM is the best.

JS will get a good reception when Millwall come down this year. I hope he doesn't play though then maybe we'll get the same result as last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
good luck john, you deserve a good break and all that hard work will show its dividends. A gentle giant who is brighton through and through, from those early days as a young boy on the supporters coach to away games to being there and being voted man of the match we thank you john and wish you all the best in the future and i will look forward to seeing you pull on that england jersy in a few years you heard it here first

Laughable... England:lolol::jester:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seems a bit odd that we've put the time and effort into developing a young goalkeeper - a proper albion supporting one at that - who shows potential in the first team, then let him go once his first pro contract runs out. surely we could have offered him a one year deal just to be on the safe side? he could be superb for millwall next year.

Or he more likely will warm their bench or play for their reserves

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would prefer to trust the judgement of Slade and Godden (sp.) than rely on the opinions of, it seems, most on here... rose-tinted glasses re John's rather average contribution last season methinks... Kuipers, who has his faults, is far more reliable, IMHO... that is not to say John won't improve... it will be interesting to see who our new keeper is but I don't think we can be sure Kuipers will definitely be displaced...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
just think it would have made sense to keep him at the club for another year. oh well.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I would prefer to trust the judgement of Slade and Godden (sp.) than rely on the opinions of, it seems, most on here... rose-tinted glasses re John's rather average contribution last season methinks... Kuipers, who has his faults, is far more reliable, IMHO... that is not to say John won't improve... it will be interesting to see who our new keeper is but I don't think we can be sure Kuipers will definitely be displaced...

The problem is how long will Kuipers go on? He was not at his best last season and releasing Sullivan to me, suggests that Slade wants somebody to challenge Kuipers, so another keeper, probably with experience is on his way.

If both Kuipers and Sullivan had been out of contract, I do think it might have been Kuipers that was released.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We have released both our keepers that represented ENGLAND in the last 5 years. Madness

And sold an Irish international...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Talking of Henderson, I notice he has been called up to the Ireland squad.

Indeed, thanks to some rather spectacular squad-mismanagement over the last week. Hopefully won't be called upon though - not that he's ever put a bad shift in in an Ireland shirt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The problem is how long will Kuipers go on? He was not at his best last season and releasing Sullivan to me, suggests that Slade wants somebody to challenge Kuipers, so another keeper, probably with experience is on his way.

If both Kuipers and Sullivan had been out of contract, I do think it might have been Kuipers that was released.

Could well be right, but let's see who comes in before we pretend to know what Russell is thinking...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And sold an Irish international...

Who performed no more than adequately for us, also making endless mistakes... we mugged Preston, IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, thanks to some rather spectacular squad-mismanagement over the last week. Hopefully won't be called upon though - not that he's ever put a bad shift in in an Ireland shirt.

He has made at least one dire mistake for Eire... so bad, it hit YouTube, but I can't be ar$ed to find the link...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Releasing John Sullivan was a joke decision, and just one of many I think Slade made chopping the squad. Poor choices he made on Sullivan, Loft and Hinshelwood in my opinion and I'm not suprised in the slightest that Sullivan has found a club who are, lets face it, in a better position than we are to get promoted next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Releasing John Sullivan was a joke decision, and just one of many I think Slade made chopping the squad. Poor choices he made on Sullivan, Loft and Hinshelwood in my opinion and I'm not suprised in the slightest that Sullivan has found a club who are, lets face it, in a better position than we are to get promoted next season.

I can't believe some of the people on here (and sorry for picking on your post but you are the most recent). How can you say he has made a mistake when we haven't signed anyone yet and the season is still two months away?

Good luck to John Sullivan and I hope he does well but I trust Slade and if he felt he can get better players than the released ones then he was right to let them go.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't believe some of the people on here (and sorry for picking on your post but you are the most recent). How can you say he has made a mistake when we haven't signed anyone yet and the season is still two months away?

Good luck to John Sullivan and I hope he does well but I trust Slade and if he felt he can get better players than the released ones then he was right to let them go.

Agree with every word of that. Disappointed to see a few players leave, but I have absolutely NO qualifications in football. Seemingly Ninja Elephant does.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I paid alot of money to watch this club last season, and I formed a very strong opinion of John Sullivan and that, in my opinion, qualifies me to share my opinion on a fans forum online. So I did, and I feel that Slade made a mistake in his case, and the fact that Millwall have signed him very much supports that opinion, if we're honest.

Hinshelwood and Loft are yet to prove him wrong though, granted. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here