Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sullivan to Millwall

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because he is a good goalkeeper and he's from Brighton, that means something to me. It might not to you, that's fine. But I would rather have a local guy who cares about the club playing for us, we might go and sign a better goalkeeper (though once again, we've moved too slowly to sign the brilliant David Lucas, who is going to Swindon instead), but I would have liked to give Sullivan the chance to stake his claim for the spot long term.

I'm amazed we've still not signed anyone yet frankly, absolutely amazed.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We have released both our keepers that represented ENGLAND in the last 5 years. Madness

Er, so did Nicky Rust! In fairness, he had a couple of decent seasons but in the l-t didn't make it. Your just have to trust the pro's judgement that Sullivan's good but not quite good-enough to become a prof. league keeper. Personally, I think he should have been playing more despite his age if he really was as good a prospect as many on here believed. Good luck to the lad though, we'd all be happy for him to prove us wrong. Will be welcome back in other team's colours and you can't say that about too many

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Because he is a good goalkeeper and he's from Brighton, that means something to me. It might not to you, that's fine. But I would rather have a local guy who cares about the club playing for us, we might go and sign a better goalkeeper (though once again, we've moved too slowly to sign the brilliant David Lucas, who is going to Swindon instead), but I would have liked to give Sullivan the chance to stake his claim for the spot long term.

I'm amazed we've still not signed anyone yet frankly, absolutely amazed.

He is a good goalkeeper, but we do not know who we are going to sign..? I would have iked to sign Sullivan again, but I am going to trust slade with thos one. Lucas? He has been panned by the fans and not rated. Signed for Swindon? Do you have some link with Swindon? You should have said!

Amazed we haven't signed anyone? How long have you been following Brighton? Good things come to those who wait. We were rash in the transfer market, in the previous season, and look where that got us...!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We'll wait and see. We could sign Iker Casillas and I would still be disappointed Slade released Sullivan without ever really seeing him play for us, but he knows what he's doing I'm sure. He's certainly not a weak manager, so. Time will tell. But I still disagree, that's my decision to make. :p

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Because he is a good goalkeeper and he's from Brighton, that means something to me. It might not to you, that's fine.

Whilst, obviously, being a Brighton fan is a bonus (he is not from Brighton), we may very well end up with a better keeper to challenge Kuipers (you know, the one you have been wanking over recently). It would only be a mistake if Sullivan goes on to being a very good keeper and we sign someone of a lesser ability.

It might not to me? I could not care less if he is a Brighton fan. What I want is someone that will die for the cause. McShane was not a Brighton fan. Dickov was not a Brighton fan, many of our current squad are not Brighton fans...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Disagree, fine. But to try and discredit what I'm saying when it's a fair opinion is a little bit unneccessary. John Sullivan is indeed from Brighton, aswell.

The "wanking" comments about Michel Kuipers are pathetic aswell, and so unneeded it's amazing that you felt the need to say that. Childish comment, in fact. Shockingly.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He has made at least one dire mistake for Eire... so bad, it hit YouTube, but I can't be ar$ed to find the link...

I presume you are referring to the San Marino goal. Which wasn't a Henderson error, but is funny because it was San Marino. Which therefore must be laid on the keeper. God forbid a decent keepper could concede against them (David Seaman). I mean that, by the way, cos he really was shit.

Anyways, thanks for pointing out things that I obviously wouldn't notice whilst following my own country. Have a biscuit.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Disagree, fine. But to try and discredit what I'm saying when it's a fair opinion is a little bit unneccessary. John Sullivan is indeed from Brighton, aswell.

The "wanking" comments about Michel Kuipers are pathetic aswell, and so unneeded it's amazing that you felt the need to say that. Childish comment, in fact. Shockingly.

Wow. I didn't think you would pick up on that. You must be some kind of nondescipt genius. Don't get so touchy you big woofter.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe some of the people on here (and sorry for picking on your post but you are the most recent). How can you say he has made a mistake when we haven't signed anyone yet and the season is still two months away?

Good luck to John Sullivan and I hope he does well but I trust Slade and if he felt he can get better players than the released ones then he was right to let them go.

Spot, and indeed, on!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This could be a poor decision to let JS go.

I don't like the way we are not backing our own young players.

Personally, I think many of our young players were given far too much backing, when it was evident at least some of them really weren't good enough, e.g. Fraser...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I presume you are referring to the San Marino goal. Which wasn't a Henderson error, but is funny because it was San Marino. Which therefore must be laid on the keeper. God forbid a decent keepper could concede against them (David Seaman). I mean that, by the way, cos he really was shit.

Anyways, thanks for pointing out things that I obviously wouldn't notice whilst following my own country. Have a biscuit.

Sorry, but "Hendo" did make an error there... position all wrong...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
QUOTE: Er, so did Nicky Rust!

... WHO WAS POTENTIALLY THE BEST KEEPER WE EVER HAD.....!!!

Alright.. I have rose-tinted sunglasses :down: He's the only person I ever cheat with on FM.... currently assistant manager and goalkeeping coach for my Brighton team... yes he is on FM... look in the editor.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just watched that San Marino goal again... Hendo storms out of his area... two defenders and one forward... there was absolutely no logic to Hendo's play... awful, and not for the first time BTW... I had the "pleasure" of watching him regularly bat the ball out to onrushing forwards... he had/has potential but was/is a liability...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here