Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think we have one at the moment

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would rather have kept Sullivan and got rid of Kuipers. More of a long-term option between the sticks and much cheaper.

*Waits for The Complete Badger to bite*

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
*Waits for The Complete Badger to bite*

Lol. In all seriousness though, Sulli looked a lot more solid than FDM. Especially with crosses into the box. It's a shame that A) he had to make his proper debut this season with a shit back 4 in front of him, B) we haven't kept him on and C) we didn't play him in the paint pot trophy and maybe the carling cup- or loaned him out to get experience. Can't help but feel this was a mistake..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as i said a few weeks ago,john had been contacted virtualy straight away after being released,glad its all sorted for him,and im sure he will settle in well.He was gutted as im sure most are when released,hope he proves slade wrong,certainly didnt take him long to get snapped up,he can enjoy his mexican holiday now lol

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Even if we sign a new number one keeper we should have kept Sullivan, and loaned him out to a League Two or Conference team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I reckon the reason why Sullivan was released was because Slade doesnt rate Kuipers.
But Kuipers is under contract and we cant have three keepers, so Sully had to go. Ive no doubt Slade will sign a decent keeper and Kuipers will be back up.
Good luck to him at Millwall, but I would imagine they'll see him as a cheap reserve keeper with potential.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps he had indicated what he was expecting as terms for this coming season as he doesnt seem to be a shy backward fellow not afraid to step up and make a claim.

So long as we replace Kuipers with a better more consistent keeper and use him as back up I shall be happy.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I reckon the reason why Sullivan was released was because Slade doesnt rate Kuipers.
But Kuipers is under contract and we cant have three keepers, so Sully had to go. Ive no doubt Slade will sign a decent keeper and Kuipers will be back up.
Good luck to him at Millwall, but I would imagine they'll see him as a cheap reserve keeper with potential.

Their young keeper who is the England Under 19 goalie has also just signed a new deal so if they were looking for a cheap back up, they didn't need to sign Sully.

I hope he nails the number one spot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Hit the nail on the head. It was no reflection on Sullivan, purely the fact that we are going to sign a better keeper than either of them and Sullivan was the unlucky who was out of contract.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, he has potential, but in no way is he a better keeper than Kuipers... good luck to him tho'...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a shame. We've let go a talented keeper, who quite clearly loved playing for his hometown club.

Good luck to him, he'll get better and better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here