Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Sue" and the BBC SCR PHONE IN

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I think there may be a few too many fucks, shits, and wankers.

That's no way to refer to STh's, they are the life blood of the club, without them paying up in March of each year the club would go bustzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
So because they are passionate does it give Harty an excuse to be rude to people? That is what some of us are saying. This isn't the first time that he has had to apologise.

For what it is worth my wife was driving me home and listening to the phone in as she always does, and she found it quite funny and cannot understand what all the fuss is about.

She thought his reference to The Horns was amusing and that
Sue obviously had a motive to try and wind him up which she succeeeded in doing, and had no intention of offering anything to the show.

Who am I to argue with my wife!!!

Wife will be listening tonight as I drive home from Gillingham.

Last edited:

larus

These type of situations just go to prove that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, no matter that you have the best intentions, you can always upset some people.

Just accept that Harty ain't perfect. OK, he may have said something that could be miscontrued, but some of the bitchiness in some of the posts on here is pathetic.

If you really don't like the phone in, why listen. You know who it is, you know what it is, you know when it is; go tune-in to Southern FM or whatever your fancy is.

Christ, if I don't like something, I'm not stupid enough to keep doing it and saying "You know what, I don't like that, but same time next week OK".

I do feel as though Harty sometimes tries to 'bully' callers who disagree with his position. I can accept that on something like Newsnight where the people going on should be able to handle that, but Joe Public taking part in a Phone-In is a bit different, and I feel that sometimes Harty doesn't always understand this. That's my only criticism, aprt from that it's good and I would not want some bland non-albion host on it.

BensGrandad said:
Sue obviously had a motive to try and wind him up which she succeeeded in doing, and had no intention of offering anything to the show.
eh?

Sue made the point that she'd rather talk about the game than about the horns And Harty immediately went off into one of his whimsical pieces about cooking and knitting. She never had a chance to say what she wanted about the game.

Harty's now had the grace to apologise. That's the right thing to do in the circumstances. Let's not have a pop at Sue, when she's done nothing to deserve any criticism at all.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lord Bracknell said:
Sue made the point that she'd rather talk about the game than about the horns And Harty immediately went off into one of his whimsical pieces about cooking and knitting.

I don't think it was that. It was the comments about not troubling the postman on valentines day that was offensive and knowingly cruel. Roz picked him up on the knitting comments.

Ian Hart is a very funny bloke and does not need to resort to playground insult. But apology given, hopefully lesson learnt. Thicker skin required. Ans we all move on.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can anyone name a phone in thats good on any radio station?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This thread is so bent. 'hopefully Harty has learnt his lesson', all these little rim jaws in their ivory towers passing judgment like they never done a shit that smells. The show is naff, the callers are invariably bumble fucks and yet it has caused this much stir.

If you don't like it don't listen. If enough people don't listen it will be taken off the air. If enough people like it and do listen then it won't be taken off the air. Simple

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Les Biehn said:
This thread is so bent. 'hopefully Harty has learnt his lesson', all these little rim jaws in their ivory towers passing judgment like they never done a shit that smells. The show is naff, the callers are invariably bumble fucks and yet it has caused this much stir.

If you don't like it don't listen. If enough people don't listen it will be taken off the air. If enough people like it and do listen then it won't be taken off the air. Simple

Les Bien - it is the place to listen to post-match interviews with the manager and players. I listen occasionally - but I did listen Saturday as it was a good game and I wanted to hear Dean Wilkins and reflect on the afternoon with other Albion fans.

It is not too much to ask. What I don't want to hear is fellow Albion callers gratuitously insulted. I only posted as Lord B thought it was the knitting jibe that was the insult. I didn't think it was that.

Anyway - with your postings on here - you know there is more than one way of doing something.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ah a good old fashioned witch hunt, just going to dig out the pitch fork, any chance of a burning at the end?

As far as I can see and I did not listen to the show, Mr Hart was a tad out of line, he has put his hands up and apologised. That takes a fair amount of guts to do, yet people on here still have a go.

Yet are all those slinging insults at Mr Hart perfect, I doubt it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Les Bien - it is the place to listen to post-match interviews with the manager and players. I listen occasionally - but I did listen Saturday as it was a good game and I wanted to hear Dean Wilkins and reflect on the afternoon with other Albion fans.

It is not too much to ask. What I don't want to hear is fellow Albion callers gratuitously insulted. I only posted as Lord B thought it was the knitting jibe that was the insult. I didn't think it was that.

Anyway - with your postings on here - you know there is more than one way of doing something.

The post match interviews are fine, its difficult to go wrong with them. But with Harty's show you know what you are getting, an over excitable man who basically wants to voice his opinions. I don't like it so I stopped listening, simple. I wish there was a show that had a considered, intelligent host and considered, intelligent callers but their isn't. I also want a 10 inch cock but it won't happen.

I don't quite get the last bit, in a literal sense rather than a contextual sense.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Ah a good old fashioned witch hunt, just going to dig out the pitch fork, any chance of a burning at the end?

As far as I can see and I did not listen to the show, Mr Hart was a tad out of line, he has put his hands up and apologised. That takes a fair amount of guts to do, yet people on here still have a go.

Yet are all those slinging insults at Mr Hart perfect, I doubt it.

Spot and most definately f***ing on.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knights Mumm said:
I don't think it was that. It was the comments about not troubling the postman on valentines day that was offensive and knowingly cruel. Roz picked him up on the knitting comments.

Ian Hart is a very funny bloke and does not need to resort to playground insult. But apology given, hopefully lesson learnt. Thicker skin required. Ans we all move on.
DKM is rarely wrong on these matters IMO. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't hear it but i must say though the phone in isn't exactly amazing it is Albion related talk - and it is hard to do a live show.. I say keep up the gd work - we saw how much it meant to Harty when he though he had finished last yr - i reckon if something means that much to someone Albion through and through then let them keep doing it whatever - i enjoy it anyway..:albion:

Les Biehn said:
Can anyone name a phone in thats good on any radio station?
Years ago, I used to be a regular studio 'expert' on a BBC Radio Sussex phone-in, working with Barry Johnston, son of the legendary Brian.

It was about public transport.

And it was very dull indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here