Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Sue" and the BBC SCR PHONE IN

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Up yer arse.
We're lucky to even HAVE an hour and a bit immediately after the match still devoted to the Albion, and the phone-in is only ever going to be as good as the callers anyway.

You don't like it ? Then piss off to Virgin Radio or watch Ant n' Dec.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!

bit aggressive aint you?

it would be nice to have an hour! by the time Harty and DTG have stumbled their way through giving their own opinions on everything, with a lot of err. umm err's thrown in, there is only about 5 mins left!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Better tell Sue rather than us

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Harty said:
After a period of reflection and having listened to the show again I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to "Sue" for the way I spoke to her when she called on Saturday.
Regardless of what mood I was in and the content of her call there is excuse so I hope this puts an end to the matter.
I will repeat this apology at the start of tomorrows show.

IAN HART

:clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Adriodinho said:
I rekon 1. I don't give a toss about his comments.

(Because I didn't listen this week, and if I did, I still wouldn't)

Do you give a toss about David Cameron's private school life?

Shut up Adrie, stop talking in riddles

Fair play Harty.

It's great that we have a phone-in dedicated to us straight after the game. Ian and Dave can only respond to what is put in front of them and the immediacy of it all means that there will inevitably be times when things are said that perhaps shouldn't have been.

I would LOVE to do it - and I reckon many of the people on here would as well!

If people have issue over the quality of calls, there is one way to sort that out - phone in!

Long may it continue!!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I WANT AN HOUR OF ALBION RELATED PHONE IN and informed debate.what i dont want is his stirring up calls with cheap ploys like the build on the running track bollocks he tried the other week.
what makes you think scr wont do a phone in with someone
who talks sense?
what we get is an ego trip from a money hungry twit who knows f*** all about football and with regard to loving the sound of his own voice is akin to your loud mouthed pub bore.except the pub bore sometimes knows what he is talking about.

f*** off hart,take dtg with you. give us a phone in hosted by someone who knows the game

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
northstandnorth said:
I WANT AN HOUR OF ALBION RELATED PHONE IN and informed debate.what i dont want is his stirring up calls with cheap ploys like the build on the running track bollocks he tried the other week.
who talks sense?
what we get is an ego trip from a money hungry twit who knows f*** all about football and with regard to loving the sound of his own voice is akin to your loud mouthed pub bore.except the pub bore sometimes knows what he is talking about.

f*** off hart,take dtg with you. give us a phone in hosted by someone who knows the game

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

John Byrne for the phone in!!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Why do some people get so worked up about the phone-in? There are other ways to spend your Saturday teatime. If you hate it, don't listen. If you want to improve it, phone in with some outstanding contribution of your own.

Harty doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here sometimes. And the phone-in would be a very dreary affair if all people discussed was "the game". As Danny Baker, who created 606 and chaired it in its best days, once said, football fans like to discuss almost everything, with the exception of football. Take a look at the subject matter on NSC on any given day for an illustration of that.

Keep at it Harty. You've nothing to prove to anyone and the phone-in remains the most listenable show on SCR.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
northstandnorth said:
who talks sense?

Have you actually ever listened to the callers? Without anyone 'stirring' things a bit, e.g Byrne (as suggested above), then you will have an hour of utter, utter SHIT. You think it's bad now? Try listening on the weeks Harty doesn't apepar. It's DIRE. The callers are shit, the presenting is shit.

Fair enough if you dislike Harty, but i'm fairly certain that you won't find anyone who'd do it better.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Monkey Man said:
Why do some people get so worked up about the phone-in? There are other ways to spend your Saturday teatime. If you hate it, don't listen. If you want to improve it, phone in with some outstanding contribution of your own.

Harty doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here sometimes. And the phone-in would be a very dreary affair if all people discussed was "the game". As Danny Baker, who created 606 and chaired it in its best days, once said, football fans like to discuss almost everything, with the exception of football. Take a look at the subject matter on NSC on any given day for an illustration of that.

Keep at it Harty. You've nothing to prove to anyone and the phone-in remains the most listenable show on SCR.

Exactly.

It's similar to the way that a minority prefer Brightonfans.com to NSC. It's a MINORITY who want to talk solely about the football.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Monkey Man said:
Harty doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here sometimes.

Yes he does! If you put yourself in the firing line your there to be shot at!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hiney said:
But that doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger every time he opens his mouth

Harty loads the bullets by setting the agenda, other people just fire them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here