Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Sue" and the BBC SCR PHONE IN

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Harty said:
After a period of reflection and having listened to the show again I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to "Sue" for the way I spoke to her when she called on Saturday.
Regardless of what mood I was in and the content of her call there is excuse so I hope this puts an end to the matter.
I will repeat this apology at the start of tomorrows show.

IAN HART

It's makes refreshing change for a media personality to do this, well done Mr Hart.:clap:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
northstandnorth said:
I WANT AN HOUR OF ALBION RELATED PHONE IN and informed debate.what i dont want is his stirring up calls with cheap ploys like the build on the running track bollocks he tried the other week.
what makes you think scr wont do a phone in with someone
who talks sense?
what we get is an ego trip from a money hungry twit who knows f*** all about football and with regard to loving the sound of his own voice is akin to your loud mouthed pub bore.except the pub bore sometimes knows what he is talking about.

f*** off hart,take dtg with you. give us a phone in hosted by someone who knows the game

You Mr NSN are way off the mark!

Ok, you don't like the phone in - don't listen! You don't like Harty - don't listen.

To suggest Harty knows nothing about football is totally wrong! He has been an Brighton supporter for most of his life, and lives and breathes the club. Do you really want a host that doesn't care either way about the club? The whole quality of Harty is that he DOES care. And because he is a fan, and not a broadcaster, he will occasionally react and speak before he thinks. We've all been there! Even you! He did on saturday with Sue, but he has recognised it and apologised. Why can't you just be happy with that!

Are you so bloody perfect that you have never messed up and had to apologise?! If you think you could do a better job, go ahead and apply. We could do with a laugh!

It wasn't long ago that Harty took a couple of week off and most people on here were begging for him to come back! He can't win!

Don't let the bastards get you down Harty!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Buzzer said:
says the man who had a hissy fit about a dead horse.

A very special horse :angry:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
BensGrandad said:
It is my fervent belief that the vast majority of people who knock Harty are people who are only prepared to agree with everything that the club says whether it be right or wrong. Or is it a coincidence that the people who have been critical of him on here are the same people who would jump to DK or MP defence if I said something slightly anti the club.

Harty says what a lot of supporters are thinking and the club or some people at the club dont like that. If he left I am sure that they would try to influence SCR in their choice of the next presenter.

You are typical in that if the club told you to turn towards mecca and pray you would do so unlike some of us who would say why.

yes we know it's your fervent belief - you've banged on about it long enough!

But I must take issue with you BG - you know absolutely NOTHING about me and what I think on many Albion related matters, or indeed what I say to the club when I have met them. yet you seem to want to big up yourself here. You may notice (if you bother to read) that I am ot criticising Harty here.

I suspect what you meant to write is that, if in discussion with the club and having weighed up all the options that will provide a long term secure future for this club together with the alternative options and the implications of the potential courses of action, I believe that turning towards Mecca and praying will deliver that future, then I will do so and try and assist others to make their own minds up by providing that detail for them to be better informed.

Others (including you) will stand on the sidelines and simply criticise those people as you would have preferred us to have stayed satan worshipping, despite the fact it got us into this mess in the first place.

I think that's more accurate than your - really rather sad - little dig.

Now a message for Bry Nylon:kiss:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
For the record, I like Harty's show with Dave the Gaffer. I don't like plenty of gobby twats who post on here mind you.....

Ignore 'em Harty - mindless W*****s, all of them that hark on about having the right to an opinion. But forget they're dum as an ass so forfit their 'right' to have one!!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
First of all, i wont comment on the phone-in in question, as i (like lots of other people that went to the match) never heard it.

May i just suggest that the BBC and Harty consider moving the show to 6pm, you would then maybe get more callers that have actually been to the match in question, and the quality of callers/questions may be better.

I personally think that Harty sometimes has a difficult job to do, and like said in previous posts, we are very lucky to have it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
portlock seagull said:
For the record, I like Harty's show with Dave the Gaffer. I don't like plenty of gobby twats who post on here mind you.....

Ignore 'em Harty - mindless W*****s, all of them that hark on about having the right to an opinion. But forget they're dum as an ass so forfit their 'right' to have one!!

how do you spell dum and forfit?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ROSM said:
yes we know it's your fervent belief - you've banged on about it long enough!

But I must take issue with you BG - you know absolutely NOTHING about me and what I think on many Albion related matters, or indeed what I say to the club when I have met them. yet you seem to want to big up yourself here. You may notice (if you bother to read) that I am ot criticising Harty here.

I suspect what you meant to write is that, if in discussion with the club and having weighed up all the options that will provide a long term secure future for this club together with the alternative options and the implications of the potential courses of action, I believe that turning towards Mecca and praying will deliver that future, then I will do so and try and assist others to make their own minds up by providing that detail for them to be better informed.

Others (including you) will stand on the sidelines and simply criticise those people as you would have preferred us to have stayed satan worshipping, despite the fact it got us into this mess in the first place.

I think that's more accurate than your - really rather sad - little dig.

Now a message for Bry Nylon:kiss:
I must apologise for not replying earlier but I was on my way to Gillingham and have only just returned.

You must realise, I am sure, that in this and every walk of life there will be people who will contribute something to a cause, sometimes small sometimes large and wish the world to know that they have done so but there are also people who will contribute the same either large or small and not wish to be recognised for what they have done. Which group you or I are in is open to conjecture.

I feel that it is wrong for you to snipe at me because I think that if Harty left, the club would try to influence the choice of his successor. Should they succeed it is most obvious that the person chosen would be duty bound to agree with everything the club says unlike Harty.

It would appear that those who are continually sniping at Harty, and I have not included you specifically in this, appear to be the same people, and I do not need to name them who are constantly jumping to defend every action of the club whenever anybody on here dares to voice an opinion that is different to the clubs.

Like many who post on here I do not have the insight into the politics of the club as much as somebody like yourself and as such can only form an opinion based on what is shown to us mere supporters. I personally do not agree that Falmer is the best option for a new ground but like many, have done all that I can to assist in getting this as I accept what the club says about there being nowhere else. Perhaps another board would come up with a different answer and in so doing I would consider what they have to offer and say. I would then make a judgement based on what I am told and what I believe to be in the best interests of BHA, a club I have actively supported for nearly 60 years, through thick and thin, good times and bad.

I feel that it is time to draw a line under this and as such if I have said anything that is wrong or assumed anything that is wrong about you I apologise to you but it will not stop me having an opinion and if I hear or am deliberately told of anything that I consider to be to the detriment of BHA I will say it.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fair play to Harty for apologising. The point Sue made was one that me and the others I was in the car with were screaming at the radio at the time, her call was totally valid and I think Harty took the easy option cutting her off if I'm honest although I can see why he may have thought it was a wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here