Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Such a shame.....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Mortgage, family...you know...that sort of stuff.
I hope you realise that not all Palace fans could go today?
Obviously not.
Jealousy....a terrible thing!
The terrible grapes of wrath from you lot taste so sweet.
Where's Working Class Pride?
Conspicuous by his absence, methinks!

Fair enough you couldn't go but I think I would have at least gone out to watch the game and not been on our rival's forum the minute the game was over. Each to their own though.

As for jealousy, a few years ago you may have been right but we are now one year away from a fantastic new stadium, have one of the best (and high profile) young managers in the country, a wealthy chairman who has supported the club for years and are looking to push on and move up the leagues. You lot, despite surviving today, will probably lose your best players over the summer, still don't seem that near to a takeover, may well have points deducted at the start of next season and may not have a ground either. I don't want you or any other club to go out of business but I am definitely not jealous.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Obviously not.
Jealousy....a terrible thing!
The terrible grapes of wrath from you lot taste so sweet.
Where's Working Class Pride?
Conspicuous by his absence, methinks!

We had a date remember Selhurst? I was going to ninja-bitch-slap you with my handbag before the game at the Withdean next season. But no. Your team get a lucky draw and totally ruin everything. Oh well. Look forward to welcoming you to Falmer in a year or two. Celebrate tonight as tomorrow it's back to the rollercoaster ride of trying to find new investors before the money runs out.

Our day will come and you know it. Up the Albion. :thumbsup:

We had a date remember Selhurst? I was going to ninja-bitch-slap you with my handbag before the game at the Withdean next season. But no. Your team get a lucky draw and totally ruin everything. Oh well. Look forward to welcoming you to Falmer in a year or two. Celebrate tonight as tomorrow it's back to the rollercoaster ride of trying to find new investors before the money runs out.

Our day will come and you know it. Up the Albion. :thumbsup:

:lol:
Just lucky I guess, Mart.

Enjoy it. You lot will be odds-on to go down next season with Hart at the helm and the imminent auction of every player with an ounce of footballing ability in him this Summer. Might just place my bet today in fact :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obviously not.

Why didn't you just BORROW the cash off someone, and then not bother paying it back ?
Thats the Palace way isn't it ?

May 2, 2010
Fair enough you couldn't go but I think I would have at least gone out to watch the game and not been on our rival's forum the minute the game was over. Each to their own though.

As for jealousy, a few years ago you may have been right but we are now one year away from a fantastic new stadium, have one of the best (and high profile) young managers in the country, a wealthy chairman who has supported the club for years and are looking to push on and move up the leagues. You lot, despite surviving today, will probably lose your best players over the summer, still don't seem that near to a takeover, may well have points deducted at the start of next season and may not have a ground either. I don't want you or any other club to go out of business but I am definitely not jealous.

what the new stadium that is smaller the the hole that is S/P?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what the new stadium that is smaller the the hole that is S/P?

SelhurstPark_468x337.jpg
11cf4bbb.jpeg

Hmmmm...now let me choose.....

*snigger*

May 2, 2010
Maybe we should have spent money we didn't have on building a bigger stadium but it is not our way. To be honest, I would rather have a 22,500 stadium that is owned by the club than a bigger stadium that is owned by administrators. How about you?

beggars cant be choosers if Gary Glitter owned our stadium we'd still have to put up with it, it just sums up how great an achievement this season has been

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
beggars cant be choosers if Gary Glitter owned our stadium we'd still have to put up with it, it just sums up how great an achievement this season has been

I realise you haven't quite worked this out but I wouldn't regard using players that you couldn't afford to just about stay up on the last day of the season as an achievement, it is cheating. However, you enjoy your day and I will enjoy supporting a team who plays by the rules and lives within their means.

May 2, 2010
I realise you haven't quite worked this out but I wouldn't regard using players that you couldn't afford to just about stay up on the last day of the season as an achievement, it is cheating. However, you enjoy your day and I will enjoy supporting a team who plays by the rules and lives within their means.

bribing refs/using performance enhancing drugs/throwing games/using unregistered players etc is cheating clubs going into admin isn't if it was the penalties should be much harsher, if we are cheating Man U and Chelsea have written books on it

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
.....when you were so looking forward to playing us too!
WE ARE STAYING UP.............

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Very disappointed to see that your team had stayed up, I was looking forward to playing them again. That said, Wednesday have been relegated on merit (pony isn't the word). I hope that we don't swop divisions next year:falmer:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Palace still exist at the beginning of the new season ? The money runs out this week so why hasn't the consortium got things sorted by now ? The good news is that if some cash changes hands then all the decent players will be released from their contracts , Palace will be starting the new season on -10 and a groundshare with Gillingham who need their stadium finally built.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This may well even work out better!

When we go up next year, we'll be waving the caravans on as they pass us down to league 1!

See yer :thumbsup::lolol:

May 2, 2010
Will Palace still exist at the beginning of the new season ? The money runs out this week so why hasn't the consortium got things sorted by now ? The good news is that if some cash changes hands then all the decent players will be released from their contracts , Palace will be starting the new season on -10 and a groundshare with Gillingham who need their stadium finally built.

ground sharing for a skint club who will have to pay exorbitant rents to another club wont work these days might as well wind the whole thing up and start again with an AFC.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am delighted you are staying up.

Next season you WILL be relegated and, possibly, kicked out of Selhearse, we on the other hand will be promoted.

The following season you will be playing in League 1 sharing with Crawley Town and will will be kicking off in The Championship at Falmer ... doesn't get much better than that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here