Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid sayings that are blatantly WRONG...

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
You will be laughing on the other side of your face?

How does that work? Is it a bit like gurning, when you contort your mouth so as to is guffaw from a sideways angle. And why should you wish to do that anyway?

And whilst I am at it. He who laughs last laughs loudest.

Is there a laugh record keeper who calls time and says OK that is the last laugh? Will this person have a decibel counter to confirm that the very same last laugh was in fact the loudest?

:p

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"its not over 'til the fat lady sings"

what fat lady? is the ref dawn french in disguise? I THINK NOT! Last tie I went to a footy match there was NO fat lady and the ref was male and fairly slim!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Too many cooks spoil the broth - How does that work then? surely with more cooks working on the broth, it will not only taste better because they will be each adding their own ideas but it will be cooked in half the time as more hands are working on it.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Love thy neighbour. Won't be doing that again after the wife caught me.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
You must eat 'a square meal'
How many hours have I wasted trying to arrange a roast dinner into a square. Just when you think it's possible, you have to include the potatoes. I have tried roast and boiled, but it's NOT possible. I've looked in supermarkets, in the ready meals and everything, but they DO NOT sell square meals.

And as for eating 'humble pie' don't even get me started. :angry:

Early Doors said:
You must eat 'a square meal'
How many hours have I wasted trying to arrange a roast dinner into a square. Just when you think it's possible, you have to include the potatoes. I have tried roast and boiled, but it's NOT possible. I've looked in supermarkets, in the ready meals and everything, but they DO NOT sell square meals.

And as for eating 'humble pie' don't even get me started. :angry:
spacer.png
mmmmmm,wendys

Albion Rob

Grrr, the 'cheap at half/twice the price one really winds me up.

The saying is not 'cheap at HALF the price' because obviously it is cheap compared to the full price.

'Cheap at TWICE the price' is the correct saying in that even if you doublesd the price it would still be cheap.

So many people get that wrong, it is ridiculous.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
blockhseagull said:
I've never seen anyone surgically extract an eye with a cricket bat... no matter how much they swing it around

Technically, it wasn't extracted, and I certainly wouldn't describe the procedure as surgical, but I have seen someone blinded in one eye after being hit with a cricket bat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Never judge a book by its cover.

Why not? If the cover looks SHIT then im not going to bother reading or buying it.

For instance if it had a picture of two naked lebians all greased up then I shall purchase said book, but on the other hand if its a picture of some twat with glasses or something then they cxan f*** right off.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Its too cold to snow!

If thats the case then how the f*** did all that white stuff get to The Artic and places like that??

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My cat brought in a pigeon that it had attacked but not eaten.

I had it in my hand, in full knowledge that it was better than two in the bush, and the little tyke shat in my hand!

I would have preferred two in the bush. :angry:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We are staying up - ???

Someone's just walked over my grave - Does that mean I'm not really here and that I'm a ghost? I bloody well think not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here