Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Fleetwood signs

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We must play 4 in midfield, that is often where we lack.

My Best Team:

Kuipers

Lynch Virgo Elphick Whing

Anyinsah Thomson Johnson McLeod

Murray Forster

Bench (from):
Sullivan
Hawkins
Elabd
Thornton
Fleetwood
Cox
Robinson
Fraser
Richards

Makings of a pretty special team i'd say...

Thornton for anyinsah.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Career record so far...
LEAGUE CAREER RECORD
Season Club Games Goals
2003/04 Cardiff City 2 0
2004/05 Cardiff City 6 0
2005/06 Cardiff City 0 0
Hereford United 17 5
2006/07 Hereford United 26 3
Accrington Stanley [loan] 3 0
2007/08 Forest Green Rovers 40 27
2008/09 Cheltenham Town [loan] 6 2

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuipers

El-abd Virgo Elphick

Anyinsah Thornton Johnson Mcleod

Forster Murray Fleetwood

3 in defence and no holding midfielder?
Looking at Mickys recent teams theres NO chance.
He's been playing with 4 defenders and 3 holding mids before Johnson came!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Martin allen is no mug,it worries me a tad that he didnt offer the lad another month that was available,i didnt see the Cheltenham game so cant comment on his ability,alls i know is we need a out and out striker and take some of the heat off of virgo who i believe alongside Elphick and settled would be the perfect centre half pairing for us.:smokin:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I assume the poster's on about not getting a back-up striker in until nearly three months of the season have been completed.

Exactly. That's a ridiculous comment. Do you/he not think Adams has been looking and trying to get a striker in, and now he has people moan. I'd understand if it was March or something, but it's the end of October, stupid comment.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll hold judgement until I see him play. Wasn't Dixon scoring for fun in the Conference before he came to us?

Promising though!

So your answer to my initial question should have been "Yes" then?

That's a ridiculous comment.
What exactly is ridiculous about my comment?

Do you/he not think Adams has been looking and trying to get a striker in, and now he has people moan.
1) I've no idea what Adams has been doing about getting a back-up striker since he was appointed in May; it appears (if you believe the Argus) that he has been looking since Forster was injured in training and was given permission to sign someone yesterday.
2) I've also no real idea what the original poster thinks about what Adams has been doing. However, it seems from the proverb quoted that he may think that the manager/club has been reactive rather than pro-active. Not an unreasonable, ridiculous or stupid view imo.
3) I'm not moaning

I'd understand if it was March or something, but it's the end of October, stupid comment.
What exactly is stupid about my comment?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
No I didn't mean yours was a ridiculous comment, I was talking about the poster I originally quoted.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fleetwood seems to be a good move.....

BUT

His style of play suggests that he is like Robinson but better... fast... good shooter... crap in the air.

Can our presnt style of play cater to this type of player? I'm not sure.

As a great believer in one forward good in the air and one nippy striker, I hope so. Although saying that I think it unlikely he'll stay with us long term even if he is a success. Hope he is :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here