Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Fleetwood signs

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Great signing. I thought he looked against us for Cheltenham (although Scott Murray was the star for them). Strong and pacy.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Very good signing :clap2:, will he keep Forster out of the team when he's fit though?

Faith is being restored.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would say that he and Forster are fairly similar in style, he played best last season when paired up with a bloke called Beesley...who is now on the books of Cambridge Utd.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Fleetwood: I have been under par
Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 08:00

STUART FLEETWOOD is back with Charlton Athletic today after Cheltenham Town decided not to extend his loan to a second month.
The Gloucester-born striker made a blistering start to his Cheltenham career, netting twice in his first three league games.
He scored on his debut in a 2-2 draw with Stockport County on September 27 and set up Scott Murray's opener in the 3-3 draw at Brighton a week later.
Fleetwood then converted a penalty in the 4-3 win over Colchester United, but he has lost his sparkle during the last week of his first month at Whaddon Road.
He admitted that he had not been at his best in the recent defeats by Scunthorpe United, Tranmere Rovers and MK Dons.
"Martin Allen told me on Sunday night that I'd be heading back to Charlton," Fleetwood said.
"Things started well, but the last three matches have definitely been quieter for me and I am not sure why.
"I have had a niggling problem with my shoulder, which I don't want to use as an excuse, but I have not been at my best and I am sure that had a bearing on Martin Allen's decision to send me back to Charlton."
Former Forest Green hotshot Fleetwood said he would have been keen to extend his temporary spell for a second month.
He believes his first taste of League One football has been beneficial as he returns to Championship club Charlton.
"I would have liked to have extended my time with Cheltenham and if they'd have offered me another month I'd have accepted it," he said.
"I have really enjoyed it and it's been great playing in a decent team.
"It's been a good experience at a good level of football and it all adds to my experience."

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
good spot Mr Banana, I found this too and it would suggest that he is a little inconsistent- still hopes he scores a hatrick against the wall

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He made Hawkins look shit. Decent signing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Class. Perfect replacement for Forster.

Well done Micky. :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Fingers crossed- could be a very good signing. Let's hope he finds some form though- reports from Cheltenham weren't great. He looked VERY dangerous in the first half in the 3-3 though.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Mac will is the missing peice to the jigsaw. Could Wilkins bring in this sort of talent on loan?
Brighton 4-0 Millwall

PS Dont read the advirtisements above, YES loans are the biggest rip offs you will find in relation to loans!, if you enquire about a loan they will charge you £60 before you've seen the loan!! GET THEM OFF NSC NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Great signing, if he is playing well i could see him getting in the team before forster. If he does well it would be great to get him for longer, or perhaps permanently, with Forster getting older. Very good signing imo, well done micky:clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Mac will is the missing peice to the jigsaw. Could Wilkins bring in this sort of talent on loan?
Brighton 4-0 Millwall

PS Dont read the advirtisements above, YES loans are the biggest rip offs you will find in relation to loans!, if you enquire about a loan they will charge you £60 before you've seen the loan!! GET THEM OFF NSC NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a stupid comment.For a start you don't even know if he is quality untill he is played.He hasn't even played in the championship yet so i'm not going to rave about him like most on here.Didn't exactly have a stormer at Cheltenham and Allen refused to extend his deal.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great signing, if he is playing well i could see him getting in the team before forster. If he does well it would be great to get him for longer, or perhaps permanently, with Forster getting older. Very good signing imo, well done micky:clap:

Ahead of Forster?:lolol: He has to be something special then.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
What a stupid comment.For a start you don't even know if he is quality untill he is played.He hasn't even played in the championship yet so i'm not going to rave about him like most on here.Didn't exactly have a stormer at Cheltenham and Allen refused to extend his deal.

Didn't have a stormer? Correct but judging a player by one game or if they've played in a higher division dosen't prove anything proven by the Savage loan.
From what I did see of Fleetwood on sentanta last season for forest green and also the Cheltenham match this season, is that he has a cool head and a nice touch (important attributes for a good forward.)
No one can really judge a player till they've seen them week in week out but I can assure you my comments that you have stated stupid are actually postive comments, something your posts and support lack.
With the amount of games you've watched Fleetwood, why are my comments deemed 'stupid' when yours are plane right negative??
piss off back to Lewes you miserable old fart bag.

Keep the faith

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here