Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong words at the Turner prize last night

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I never misinterpret you nibble, and i never , ever fall for your fantasy acting "career", which you've admitted on here , DOESNT make you enough money to live on, I'll find the posts if you like ?

That's the thing with acting...you struggle for years then BIIINGOOO! A sweet gig on Emmerdale comes along...whereas commodities..well they're always as dull as ditchwater.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Sorry BH, I've tried , and looked at this post for a while , and just dont "get it".

I have a close family member who is an oil trader. He's a great guy and a real character but I have tried to understand what it is that he does to earn the massive bonuses that drop ino his lap on a quarterly basis. He shrugs and says " boring innit" and alludes to something about trends.

Since the price of oil rises and falls by a few dollars on a daily basis I can only assume that he sits all day pressing buttons according to an algorithm.

There was a brief moment of interest when someone " on his desk" got addicted to sniff and single handedly added about 5p to a litre for all of us poor twats and was marched off to the priory, otherwise his mates seem to be a bunch of overpaid idiots who measure themselves by how much cash they have.

On his stag do I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon and evening in their company and found them to be(broadly) educationally subnormal and with a serious case of OCD to recommend them. I concluded that measuring ones success in cash terms is a flawed life strategy which leads to a miserable soulless existence.

It might be different for you of course but I doubt it.

Incidentally I enjoy your knockabout style but fear for your immortal soul.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have a close family member who is an oil trader. He's a great guy and a real character but I have tried to understand what it is that he does to earn the massive bonuses that drop ino his lap on a quarterly basis. He shrugs and says " boring innit" and alludes to something about trends.

Since the price of oil rises and falls by a few dollars on a daily basis I can only assume that he sits all day pressing buttons according to an algorithm.

There was a brief moment of interest when someone " on his desk" got addicted to sniff and single handedly added about 5p to a litre for all of us poor twats and was marched off to the priory, otherwise his mates seem to be a bunch of overpaid idiots who measure themselves by how much cash they have.

On his stag do I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon and evening in their company and found them to be(broadly) educationally subnormal and with a serious case of OCD to recommend them. I concluded that measuring ones success in cash terms is a flawed life strategy which leads to a miserable soulless existence.

It might be different for you of course but I doubt it.

Incidentally I enjoy your knockabout style but fear for your immortal soul.
I wont disagree with you mate , there are some absolute arseholes in the city, most people on here think i'm one of them :lolol: but there are some good blokes as well, like your brother in law obviously, the great mistake a lot of people make in the city is to over estimate their own skill and worth, there are a lot of people who could do trading and broking jobs , the one thing it does take is the tenacity to get the job in the first place, they dont fall into your lap, as for sniff, it is absolutely f***ing endemic, at my last shop , a world renowned broking house, all the flat surfaces in the toilets were vaselined, at this shop i've had people shout across the floor in front of management about the amount of sniff that i/we consumed the previous evening , luckily its always been an occasional thing with me, anyway dont fall into the same trap as some people of taking seriously my boastful brashness about bonuses and long lunches etc, its just to get a bite out of the serially " outraged about the city".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
anyway dont fall into the same trap as some people of taking seriously my boastful brashness about bonuses and long lunches etc, its just to get a bite out of the serially " outraged about the city".

Nice try Bushy. I suppose all that rage, anger and personal insults is just an act as well?

Why dont you just say sorry for yesterday's outburst instead of trying to be chummy with people, and alluding to the idea your internet character is all a front?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I certainly wouldn't be happy as YOU .

I bet you secretly long to drape a manbag on your shoulder and squeeze into 33 inch Levis jeans? Am I right?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nice try Bushy. I suppose all that rage, anger and personal insults is just an act as well?

Why dont you just say sorry for yesterday's outburst instead of trying to be chummy with people, and alluding to the idea your internet character is all a front?
You really are under the mistaken impression that I give a f*** what you and the likes of nibble think , the anger etc at what i perceive as wrongs and injustices in this country is no act , i've got nothing whatsoever to apologise for yesterday, and i'll be "chummy" with whoever I like , just not with the likes of you and nibble , when will you realise im not "trying" to come across as anything other than what i am.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
levi's ?? you sad yokel, i wouldnt be seen dead in levi's.

Yes, levis. Timeless classics although the ones I currently wear are a new model. And remember, I've seen you and your dress sense :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You were too busy shitting your pants to notice :lolol:

Of course Bushy.

Anyway, it is futile to get into a discussion about dress sense as we all have differing tastes. That said, there is a big difference between taste and actually bothering to make an effort isnt there?

Right, I'm off. Good day.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I wont disagree with you mate , there are some absolute arseholes in the city, most people on here think i'm one of them :lolol: but there are some good blokes as well, like your brother in law obviously, the great mistake a lot of people make in the city is to over estimate their own skill and worth, there are a lot of people who could do trading and broking jobs , the one thing it does take is the tenacity to get the job in the first place, they dont fall into your lap, as for sniff, it is absolutely f***ing endemic, at my last shop , a world renowned broking house, all the flat surfaces in the toilets were vaselined, at this shop i've had people shout across the floor in front of management about the amount of sniff that i/we consumed the previous evening , luckily its always been an occasional thing with me, anyway dont fall into the same trap as some people of taking seriously my boastful brashness about bonuses and long lunches etc, its just to get a bite out of the serially " outraged about the city".

You know that I don't mean half of the shit I post on here and I know that you don't mean it really. You do have a rare talent for the wind up. I salute you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just back from my liquid lunch , so you did what exactly ?

Are you asking me what I did in my lunch break/afternoon/between when I signed off and now?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Are you asking me what I did in my lunch break/afternoon/between when I signed off and now?

I think he might be asking about how you fronted him up, stood your ground etc. when your paths crossed. Could be wrong though, he might genuinely want to know what you get up to on a Friday afternoon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he might be asking about how you fronted him up, stood your ground etc. when your paths crossed. Could be wrong though, he might genuinely want to know what you get up to on a Friday afternoon.

Oh, I see :lol:.

Well, I have met Bushy albeit briefly and, whilst a bit gruff and assertive he was not threatening. I didn't stand my ground as there wasn't any need to. We had a discussion, disagreed and went our seperate ways. Maybe he can turn very angry but not the day I met him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here