Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
anyone else impressed with Noel Hunt when he came on last night ? Not a big target man, but I thought made himself a nuisance and took up great positions . 'Fox in the box'
type.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Dont know if bollocks or not but a lot of rumours at the stadium last night about bobby z again , i spoke to 3 seperate people 2 of them stewards who said that the whispers around the staff in the club is that he will sign initially on loan with view to permanent deal in january, again dont know if bollocks or not but would be very good if true.

Quite simply. It's bollox. :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
heskey.......i bloody hope not!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Transfer central are saying Emile Heskey is the big striker coming ... @NorthStandChat [MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen thoughts?

storer

Nov 28, 2010

If we're gonna push on an have a go for promotion, u need players with passion and players who are fully on board.

Murray has proved he is not, it's all about him!

Good player but not who is needed for us, he has no passion when in our shirt, doesn't care about the team or our future.

Would you feel happy with him for us vs palace, giving 100%? I wouldn't at all.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I can understand why people would say Bobby Zamora wont happen, but..... Zamora has stated that he wants to return to Brighton before he hangs up his boots, he has also said he wants to return whille he still has something to offer/ can make a difference.

That time may well be now, yes Bobby woulld have to take a huge drop in wages, but with QPR signing strikers like they are going out of fashion, his days at QPR may well be numbered anyway.

Is it not possible we could offer him a large contract (by our standards) with incentives added in if we were promoted? Also i'm sure i read with the Ribas deal, that there was a 3rd party willing to fund part of his wages, is that not possible with BZ?

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Transfer central are saying Emile Heskey is the big striker coming ... @NorthStandChat [MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen thoughts?

Unlike many on here, I've seen Heskey play quite a bit when I used to go to watch England.

His off the ball work is excellent and his ability to hold up the ball and bring in other players is outstanding.

We need a striker to get CMS scoring. Heskey would allow that to happen. In fact whether CMS, Hoskins or even Barnes plays with Heskey this season I would think we would score a huge amount of goals thanks due to him.

I would be very happy to see a player of his calibre playing for us. He would turn alot of doubters round with his style of play and would be a beast in this league.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was just a mad flight of fancy I know, but when I saw the Albion line up against Chelsea on Saturday I thought they might be going to play something like Spain's "false 9" formation, with no out-and-out forwards but Vicente, Bucca and Barnes making late runs into the box ... oh wait a minute, they did, didn't they? And they beat the European Champions.

The beauty of the system is that it gives the opponents' back four problems in deciding who to mark, and when they have possession, it's usually their defenders who have a lot of the ball - and don't do anything very constructive with it. Teams can win trophies without big target men.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Some right wing rag has us going for Steve Davies from Derby as Ipswich will not increase their offer up from £500,000. I would not mind seeing big Muzza back, think we missed him not only up front last year but at defensive corners where at times we looked a bit iffy...He had a good partnership with Barnes no reason why he could not replicate that with him again or that matter CMS, Hoskins or Vicente

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I can understand why people would say Bobby Zamora wont happen, but..... Zamora has stated that he wants to return to Brighton before he hangs up his boots, he has also said he wants to return whille he still has something to offer/ can make a difference.

That time may well be now, yes Bobby woulld have to take a huge drop in wages, but with QPR signing strikers like they are going out of fashion, his days at QPR may well be numbered anyway.

Is it not possible we could offer him a large contract (by our standards) with incentives added in if we were promoted? Also i'm sure i read with the Ribas deal, that there was a 3rd party willing to fund part of his wages, is that not possible with BZ?

I hope you are right. If he wants to return, now is probably his only chance. Before long we will have been like ships that pass in the night, us on the up, and him on his way down as injuries and age catch up with him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Murray could have stayed, he chose not to. I can't see Poyet taking him back in a month of Sunday's. I could be wrong of course, but I don't believe Murray is a top end championship striker. As for him being a perfect partner for CMS, I just don't see it. CMS put's in 100% every game, he would soon get pissed off with Murray's lack luster attitude and his sulky strops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here