Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I posted this in the other thread:

I'm not that fussed if we don't get a striker now. I think it would help, but only if we got someone properly decent. If we've missed out on all the good targets I'd rather we saved the money until a player worth having becomes available rather than wasting wages on average/shite players like vokes, lukaku, paynter or harley.

And before anyone else pulls me up on it, yes I do think Lukaku is an average, slow lump who will never do anything of note in football.

Lukaku is FAST and you are WRONG! Sorry! :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And i heard last night that its going to be Glenn Murray . Finances just being sorted !

can't help but feel a little sorry for Glenda, completely sucked in by Freedmans bullshit vision for Palarse.

GM - "But Brighton are gearing up for the prem with a new 21st century stadium"

DF "so are we Glen, we'll finish above them for sure - have you seen the plans for our new stadium in Crystal palace park"

GM - "but Brighton have a chairman who is backing the club with millions of his own money, I hear they are about to get a former Spanish international with tons of top level european experience"

DF - " we have Billionaire owners Glenn, don't worry about us losing a few million each year, we will be keeping our very best players like Clyne and Ambrose and adding some top top players as well"

GM - " but i do really like Brighton's plans for their new academy and 21st century training complex"

DF - "Hah - but we will soon have CAT 1 status, mark my words Glenn"

GM - " Brighton is such a nice place to live though Dougie"

DF - "You will grow to love this area Glenn, its very safe, no chance of any trouble or riots in this part of the world"

GM - " I do like the large signing on fee you offer and much larger wages"

DF - "Not bad aye Glenn for a club who I hope to have proved have the same ambitions as Brighton, if not bigger"

GM - " I'll have to take your word for it Dougie - do you have a pen"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
can't help but feel a little sorry for Glenda, completely sucked in by Freedmans bullshit vision for Palarse.

GM - "But Brighton are gearing up for the prem with a new 21st century stadium"

DF "so are we Glen, we'll finish above them for sure - have you seen the plans for our new stadium in Crystal palace park"

GM - "but Brighton have a chairman who is backing the club with millions of his own money, I hear they are about to get a former Spanish international with tons of top level european experience"

DF - " we have Billionaire owners Glenn, don't worry about us losing a few million each year, we will be keeping our very best players like Clyne and Ambrose and adding some top top players as well"

GM - " but i do really like Brighton's plans for their new academy and 21st century training complex"

DF - "Hah - but we will soon have CAT 1 status, mark my words Glenn"

GM - " Brighton is such a nice place to live though Dougie"

DF - "You will grow to love this area Glenn, its very safe, no chance of any trouble or riots in this part of the world"

GM - " I do like the large signing on fee you offer and much larger wages"

DF - "Not bad aye Glenn for a club who I hope to have proved have the same ambitions as Brighton, if not bigger"

GM - " I'll have to take your word for it Dougie - do you have a pen"
How it actually went:
Palace: We'll offer you a couple of grand more a week and a year longer contract than Brighton
Murray: k thx

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Dont know if bollocks or not but a lot of rumours at the stadium last night about bobby z again , i spoke to 3 seperate people 2 of them stewards who said that the whispers around the staff in the club is that he will sign initially on loan with view to permanent deal in january, again dont know if bollocks or not but would be very good if true.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Dont know if bollocks or not but a lot of rumours at the stadium last night about bobby z again , i spoke to 3 seperate people 2 of them stewards who said that the whispers around the staff in the club is that he will sign initially on loan with view to permanent deal in january, again dont know if bollocks or not but would be very good if true.

Now that would be quality..

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

that is the dream come true - but if he were available, i think fat sam might go after him and offer him more, and as he's an east londoner and west ham fan, i'd be suprised if we won that battle

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Yes please! - getting fed up with all the talk about donkeys like Heskey, Kitson et al.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Of course it's bollocks....... Unless he's prepared to take a 70% ish pay drop , of course! I know he loves the club, but I don't think he would be prepared to do that, and the club certainly arnt going to stump up £60,000 ish a week.... Are they !

1 Million loan fee with us paying 10% of the wages?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think back two years to when it was frequently posted on here that we needed to sign a proven 20-25+ goal striker. Yeah, murray would be good for 15-18, maybe Barnes will get double figures, but that won't be enough. All season Gus was talking about looking for new strikers.

Cue Murray and Barnes each breaking the 20 goal target.

This is why I'm not going to panic if we don't sign one. I can see CMS, Barnes, and/or Hoskins having a great goal scoring season, perhaps spurred on by the threat of the being replaced.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Of course it's bollocks....... Unless he's prepared to take a 70% ish pay drop , of course! I know he loves the club, but I don't think he would be prepared to do that, and the club certainly arnt going to stump up £60,000 ish a week.... Are they !

You're probably right - but there's a slim chance - and it helps in taking the mind off the prospect of a few of the hasbeens getting mentioned on here. I don't want to see another Paynter type...........

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think back two years to when it was frequently posted on here that we needed to sign a proven 20-25+ goal striker. Yeah, murray would be good for 15-18, maybe Barnes will get double figures, but that won't be enough. All season Gus was talking about looking for new strikers.

Cue Murray and Barnes each breaking the 20 goal target.d.

Show me how many Reading playets got twenty last season. Oh.

It is a complete myth that a player needs to get 20 a season to get promoted.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Show me how many Reading playets got twenty last season. Oh.

It is a complete myth that a player needs to get 20 a season to get promoted.

That was a point that was made two years ago as well, the number of teams with 20+ strikers. Usually the teams that had one had a bigger drop off to second higher scorer, i.e. a team would have player A with 32 goals, player b with 11 and player c with 6, and another team would have player d with 18 goals, player e with 17 goals player f with 16 goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here