Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker required.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I can't believe there were some mugs on this site arguing with me a couple of weeks ago about whether we needed another striker. Sorry, but it is simply TERRIBLE squad planning to be six matches into the season and find ourselves pinning all our hopes on one man and then, surprise surprise, he gets suspended. It was always going to happen. Now we're well and truly screwed, all because some halfwit thinks it's sensible to employ a small army of midfielders and one proper forward.

Barnes did a great job up front as the main striker today. We just need someone to back him up for the next three games, and I'm sure we'll loan that player in over the next day or two.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Drenthe is a waste of a shirt, I bet he's on ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It has to be or there is no point turning up the next three matches. I would rather concede the nine points than watch Barnes up front.

Probably the dumblumest post on nsc ever.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think Oscar will use Barnes in the Ulloa role and fill the midfield possibly playing Conway when his clearance eventually comes through which according to Sky hadnt happened for today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No. I would imagine it will be serious foul play.
But just wait and see what the referee says before jumping to conclusions.

Yep.

Violent conduct occurs when the ball isn't there. Serious foul play is any violent conduct offence committed while challenging for the ball. Ulloa was going for the ball. Still a 3 match ban.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not ideal, to have no further back up, but I am quite happy to play Barnes for the next three games, if fit. I doubt any lone striker will be anywhere near as good as he'll have to settle in and I think Barnes is quality.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
No need to panic. Barnes was quality when he came on. There's still enough in this squad to supply him with the opportunity to score. Really unlucky to not get 3 points. Dominated the 2nd half & Kaz worked his nuts off. If I'll be happy with another draw against QPR and a win against Bolton.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We do need a loan striker, but hopefully just to sit on the bench and cover Barnes. I've always believed Barnes plays the one up front role well and is just unfortunate to be backup for possibly the best in the Championship.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why do we need to panic and bring in a loan striker ? Barnesy is back :clap2: Also Conway can play as a striker. The club won't be cajoled into making a loan signing that isn't who they really want , we'll get a loan striker but it will be someone who is already on Burke's radar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here