Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker required.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Whilst Ulloa was available, I could understand going for someone like Obika on loan. I would hope the board will now reconsider and get someone like Becchio in for at least a month.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why not give Barker a chance? With this season likely to be a settling in season for Oscar why not give Barker the opportunity to get some experience. Barnes will play instead of Ulloa and for 3 matches I think Barker should get a chance from the bench. I can't see another loan coming in after Conway as I reckon the finances are far tighter than anyone expects.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Someone on about page 2 said, "get Dobbie back on loan". Why not? He's not going to kick a ball for Palace until at least January, and its likely he won't make the 25 for the second half of the season either, with Murray coming back to fitness in December time. Fair enough it didn't work out for Dobbie whilst GP was here and we played that style, but he isn't here anymore and we are playing differently now. We need a goal getter on loan, and Dobbie can score goals, but it depends on the money he's now on, and if some of that would be subsidised(as it appears Southampton want someone else to cough the full 18k for Sharp)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I can't believe there were some mugs on this site arguing with me a couple of weeks ago about whether we needed another striker. Sorry, but it is simply TERRIBLE squad planning to be six matches into the season and find ourselves pinning all our hopes on one man and then, surprise surprise, he gets suspended. It was always going to happen. Now we're well and truly screwed, all because some halfwit thinks it's sensible to employ a small army of midfielders and one proper forward.

We are not well and truly screwed.....stop panicking :( for Christ sake. How was it always going to happen? Might as well say that about anything thats already happened. You need a visit from Corporal Jones.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has to be or there is no point turning up the next three matches. I would rather concede the nine points than watch Barnes up front.

Unbelievable.

Shame you didn't watch the second half today.

Well at least you got the first part of your name right!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Letting sad people who come to NSC from Selhurst upset us is exactly what they need. It's their whole objective. Just take the pizz out of them. They are scraping along in the depth of the Prem without a hope of survival and will be back in the Championship next year stuck with players on massive salaries. I suggest they come on here giving it big because they're terrified of facing their current crisis and probably embarrassed at having to entertain big clubs in a Conference standard ground. Just pity them.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The club would be stupid beyond belief if they now decided to rely on Barnes as our only attacking option whilst Leo is out because you can be almost certain that this will backfire and Ash will either get injured or be send off. We need a decent loan striker and WE NEED HIM VERY SOON. How much longer do we have to wait?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
You really are a first class tool making a remark like that.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Unbelievable.

Shame you didn't watch the second half today.

I did watch the second half. Barnes got into some very good positions like he usually does and always has done since the withdean days playing up front, but the end product is not that of a championship player that will get you into the playoffs. He was a bit unlucky today yes, but he is too often unlucky in my opinion.

Everybody around me was jumping about with excitement when Barnes got his chances, I however was not excited because I am always confident he will miss in front of goal. Kind of ruins watching the Albion when its that predictable.

I don't think I have been so down with an Albion red card since Oatway got sent off at chesterfield and they scored in the last minute. :-(

Last edited:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Best thing about this thread?
Nigel's mate has been banned. No more than he deserved for ruining a perfectly good thread and crossing the line a bit too far. Nice one Mods

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Leo will come back from this stronger than ever, he will feel he has to make it up to us...and he will!

Feb 14, 2010
As Oscar said in his post match comments ".. we had many clear cut chances, very many chances". But again we failed to win because we failed to put the ball in the net. That is not "playing well but unlucky". Not after the last 2 seasons where the story has been the same. Its being poor in front of goal and there is no point in doing well on the rest of the pitch if we cant stick the ball in the net. The post, the bar, the keepers legs are not the back of the net and you get nothing for hitting any of them. We were poor today because again we were poor in front of goal. Its Oscars challenge to change this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here