Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Or No Striker ?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If we can get Will Hoskins, then great, but that would condemn Rovers to relegation same with Mason at Plymouth.

We should stick with what we have - Sandaza deserves a start - Barnes injury does not sound as bad as first thought - Murray needs a rest, but can keep going on adrenalin - Wood needs to show he really has it in him - no problem - after all we are ten points ahead of the pack.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
What about that Brizzle Rovers lad, Will Hoskins? Considering the torrid season they've had, he's not done badly in the scoring stakes? Would we be interested? Would The Gas want to lose him when in a relegation fight? Unsure of his age or contract there.

Did like the look of Plymouth's Mason, their fans seem to rate him highly and I'm sure he'll not want to hang around if they go down. He could also better cope with being a squad player here if (I can't bring myself to say "when" just yet!) we go up, considering his age and the step up.

Edit: beaten to it by a minute! Though not heard any rumours, just my speculation!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are trying to sign Will Hoskins on a loan to buy deal.

good call but where did you hear it?

can play a similar role to Barnes or, as he did against us recently, play out wide and cut in

only joined them from Watford I think last summer so still has time on his current deal

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
What about that Brizzle Rovers lad, Will Hoskins? Considering the torrid season they've had, he's not done badly in the scoring stakes? Would we be interested? Would The Gas want to lose him when in a relegation fight? Unsure of his age or contract there.

Did like the look of Plymouth's Mason, their fans seem to rate him highly and I'm sure he'll not want to hang around if they go down. He could also better cope with being a squad player here if (I can't bring myself to say "when" just yet!) we go up, considering his age and the step up.

Edit: beaten to it by a minute! Though not heard any rumours, just my speculation!

There's an echo !!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont see how we would get a quality loanee in this late in the season. anyone decent, even if out of favour, would be kept as backup as clubs see themselves fight/keep safe/fight for playoffs etc.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

i think i was trying to sound clever. It doesn't suit me.
My initial point was over having a squad that think they've made it, that give up the battle for something more. We need options to keep that hunger burning, and right this minute, at a key time, we haven't the greatest number. I don't want us to struggle over the line and cling to spot with thoughts of next season in mind. It might be that goal-happy Agdestein takes a dramatic step from the reserves and offers Gus something else, but the arrival of an extra frontman who gives us what we right now don't have, or simply allows Murray to find steam, would be welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here