seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CMS from Peterborough could do a job.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You never want a team, i think, who think they've made their point. With Gus as manager, any new face should know they have to fit in and that nobody is an automatic selection. A striker would be a welcome addition, i think. Someone who could bring something different to a slightly wornout and unnumbered frontline.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Albion boss Gus Poyet has not ruled out a late swoop in the loan market for a striker.

The Seagulls have until 5pm to add to their squad.

Poyet confirmed no players will be leaving but hinted at a possible new arrival.

"I am not saying it will happen but it could," he said. "A few things need to come together."

The Argus understands the Seagulls are trying to set up a loan-to-buy deal.

Looks like Poyet wants this striker for next season aswell as the remainder of this season.

Ahhh, hadn't read the article :dunce:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
As all these threads almost entirely consist of everyone making pot-shot guesses out of nothing, I'll have a stab in the dark the loan-to-buy striker that we're after is one of the two Masons (Joe from Plymouth and Ryan from Tottenham) or possibly West Brom's underachieving front man Simon Cox.

This must also be the first "New Striker" thread in about a year that's not had mentions of Kevin Phillips or Adam Le Fondre.

Oh.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Gus has shown he likes putting faith in the players he has.

How many players has Gus been resposnsible for getting in on loan in his time? Not many.

He seems to only like getting players in on loan if he intends to sign then permanantly.

LuaLua being the only example I can think of where this hasnt happened (though Gus would have if he could).

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
BBC Sport - Football - Dani Pacheco and Sam Vokes Norwich City bound

With Norwich bringing in two strikers Pacheco and Vokes in on loan, could they be prepared to loan out someone like Aaron Wilbraham or Simeon Jackson?

Just a guess.

Edit: Wilbraham injured.

The reason they've been brought in is more due to an injury crisis than their strikers not being any good. But having said that, these two are to replace Martin and Wilbraham who are injured. Jackson by all accounts has been poo this season. He'd be an interesting one for me - clearly a goalscorer, but failed in his one attempt at the level we want to be at next year. Tricky one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Joe Mason looked very promising. Perhaps we could do Plymouth a bit of favour with a cash in advance loan to buy deal. He'd come in the 'one for the future' category though I suspect, and we could probably do with a do the business NOW striker.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
You never want a team, i think, who think they've made their point. With Gus as manager, any new face should know they have to fit in and that nobody is an automatic selection. A striker would be a welcome addition, i think. Someone who could bring something different to a slightly wornout and unnumbered frontline.

Que ?

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Gus has shown he likes putting faith in the players he has.

How many players has Gus been resposnsible for getting in on loan in his time? Not many.

He seems to only like getting players in on loan if he intends to sign then permanantly.

LuaLua being the only example I can think of where this hasnt happened (though Gus would have if he could).

There's sentiment and there's Harty! Just feel Gus would like to break a record or two to put two fingers up at some of our competitors who have been mouthing off?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There's sentiment and there's Harty! Just feel Gus would like to break a record or two to put two fingers up at some of our competitors who have been mouthing off?

I reckon Gus feels he owes Sandaza an opportunity to rewards his efforts through the season and his attitude despite getting very few minutes in the first team.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We are trying to sign Will Hoskins on a loan to buy deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here