Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Another "innocent example"

"Criminal prosecution

In March 2007, ITT Corporation became the first major defense contractor to be convicted for criminal violation of the Arms Export Control Act. The fines resulted from ITT's outsourcing program, in which they transferred night vision goggles and classified information about countermeasures against laser weapons, including light interference filters to engineers in Singapore, the People's Republic of China, and the United Kingdom. [7] They were fined $100 million US dollars, although they were also given the option of spending half of that sum on research and development of new night vision technology. The United States government will assume rights to the resulting created intellectual property. [8]

In its investigation and subsequent ruling the DOJ found that the corporation went to significant lengths to circumvent rules regarding the exports including setting up a front corporation. According to U.S. Attorney John Brownlee the company fought the investigation in order "to essentially run out the clock on the statute of limitations." [9]"

ITT AND ALL OF ITS INFLUENCE SHOULD BE OPPOSED IN ANY FREE SOCIETY.

Jan 30, 2008
Another "innocent example"

"Criminal prosecution

In March 2007, ITT Corporation became the first major defense contractor to be convicted for criminal violation of the Arms Export Control Act. The fines resulted from ITT's outsourcing program, in which they transferred night vision goggles and classified information about countermeasures against laser weapons, including light interference filters to engineers in Singapore, the People's Republic of China, and the United Kingdom. [7] They were fined $100 million US dollars, although they were also given the option of spending half of that sum on research and development of new night vision technology. The United States government will assume rights to the resulting created intellectual property. [8]

In its investigation and subsequent ruling the DOJ found that the corporation went to significant lengths to circumvent rules regarding the exports including setting up a front corporation. According to U.S. Attorney John Brownlee the company fought the investigation in order "to essentially run out the clock on the statute of limitations." [9]"

ITT AND ALL OF ITS INFLUENCE SHOULD BE OPPOSED IN ANY FREE SOCIETY.
so 500 mongs in Brighton are going to change everything ....... do one you deluded prick :bla:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
i was just pointing out that EDO is not just an innocent defence contractor.

Wider issues come in to play.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You should look at the broader picture.

Try and research the past before you lay blame on the present.

Look at the bigger picture??! You must be off your freaking chump. Those toe-rags attacked a shop that attempts to scrape a living by knocking out a bit of surplus & ex-military toggery. Most of the deluded tossers who carried out this stunt of daring-do would probably be walking around in the sodding buff if it wasn't for places like Brutons. Wish I'd gone down there myself now & helped kick those Joke Revolutionaries back to where they came from (leafy, middle-class villages no doubt). A piss-poor show.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Look at the bigger picture??! You must be off your freaking chump. Those toe-rags attacked a shop that attempts to scrape a living by knocking out a bit of surplus & ex-military toggery. Most of the deluded tossers who carried out this stunt of daring-do would probably be walking around in the sodding buff if it wasn't for places like Brutons. Wish I'd gone down there myself now & helped kick those Joke Revolutionaries back to where they came from (leafy, middle-class villages no doubt). A piss-poor show."Quoted by Twinkle Toes,

Its still a minor side show .

Broaden your horizons out of Brighton.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
They need protection but do they REALLY need to look like this?

article-1026508-019C752700000578-264_468x286.jpg

Do the police need to look "military"? Why black? Why masks? Why those massive boots?

Go on admit it. It's designed to intimidate.
Well, when you've got a bnuch of c***s, some of which have no idea what the protest is about and just here to cause trouble, then in answer to your question, yes I think the police should look like this.

In fact I would go one further and arm them with machine guns. I'm all for letting people protest, but come on, seriously this is just about causing trouble. If someone comes all the way to Brighton, just to havfe a tearup with the law, then I say let the law do what they want.

Anyway, how do you think they should have dressed? The gay pride look. In pink, with sandels.:wave:

Jan 30, 2008
"Look at the bigger picture??! You must be off your freaking chump. Those toe-rags attacked a shop that attempts to scrape a living by knocking out a bit of surplus & ex-military toggery. Most of the deluded tossers who carried out this stunt of daring-do would probably be walking around in the sodding buff if it wasn't for places like Brutons. Wish I'd gone down there myself now & helped kick those Joke Revolutionaries back to where they came from (leafy, middle-class villages no doubt). A piss-poor show."Quoted by Twinkle Toes,

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:

You're not a protester? Who you trying to kid?

If your that ashamed to be British, have a wash, pack up your bags, and f*** OFF! Don't forget to pick up your last copy of the Daily Mail as you get to the airport!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

My horizons are broad thanks: & I don't personally know what the answers to perceived injustices are. One thing I do know is that this 'protest' could have - & indeed should have been carried out in a peaceable manor, but once again a mob of dipshits reverted to type. What a complete waste of everybody's time.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
You've clearly never been to Brighton on a Thur,Fri and Sat night then,you obviously hang around with the twats in Crawley town centre.

no actually if i go out i got into brighton, i come from brighton anyway, and i used to drive cab there for 9 yrs so dont tell me about brighton sunny, and why do people such as you on nsc keep labelling people twats? dont you know any other words ?? and whats thur fri sat nights in btn got to do with protest...??? :shrug:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

your user name seems to be missing simple simple

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"My horizons are broad thanks: & I don't personally know what the answers to perceived injustices are. One thing I do know is that this 'protest' could have - & indeed should have been carried out in a peaceable manor, but once again a mob of dipshits reverted to type. What a complete waste of everybody's time." quoted by Twinkle Toes.

Just remember if things had turned out differently 60 years ago you might well NOW be enrolling into the ITT Schools for written and spoken ENGLISH, as your 1st language would be GERMAN.

American Multinationals have no respect for national boundaries.

Profit is everything.

Morals do not enter the equation.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
You're not a protester? Who you trying to kid?

If your that ashamed to be British, have a wash, pack up your bags, and f*** OFF! Don't forget to pick up your last copy of the Daily Mail as you get to the airport!

another one hiding behind a computer quoting on things you know nothing a about, all your doing is getting on the bandwagon to make a statement, ps no im not a protester and no i dont read the mail... im a manual worker, have 2 jobs ..a van a car and 4 bed house is that ok to you?? back to your hole..and think about what your gonna quote next time...at least get yer facts right !!!!!:tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
another one hiding behind a computer quoting on things you know nothing a about, all your doing is getting on the bandwagon to make a statement, ps no im not a protester and no i dont read the mail... im a manual worker, have 2 jobs ..a van a car and 4 bed house is that ok to you?? back to your hole..and think about what your gonna quote next time...at least get yer facts right !!!!!:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here