Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
ok ok so the bit where i said im ashamed to be british was codswallop, but nobody has yet answered the point i was making, why the need for so so many police today for about 400 mainly peaceful protesters??? quote me if im wrong but was there just 1 arrest ??? wow !!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
another one hiding behind a computer quoting on things you know nothing a about, all your doing is getting on the bandwagon to make a statement, ps no im not a protester and no i dont read the mail... im a manual worker, have 2 jobs ..a van a car and 4 bed house is that ok to you?? back to your hole..and think about what your gonna quote next time...at least get yer facts right !!!!!:tosser:

I'm hiding behind a computer? Err, yes Wideguy - The Joker.

Getting on the bandwagon? Err, and you're not?

WHo have I quoted? WHat are you talking about?

Congrats on your job and house. Very well done. I've just got a hole.

That just about sums people like you up. I rest my case m'lord:bigwave: What a COCK!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
ok ok so the bit where i said im ashamed to be british was codswallop, but nobody has yet answered the point i was making, why the need for so so many police today for about 400 mainly peaceful protesters??? quote me if im wrong but was there just 1 arrest ??? wow !!!!

Surely if there was only one arrest then it shows that the police were doing their job properly and the protesters were not given the opportunity to break the law.

All hail the local constabulary!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
thank you !! i must be getting to bed ..some of us work for a living ..goodnight mr burns ...:wave:
So you say that I should say things about you, then you do the same about me, without knowing the first thing I do?

Have you thought no ones answered your point, and just taken the piss out you, becuase you are a complete idiot?

Or just a total and utter hypocrite

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
I'm hiding behind a computer? Err, yes Wideguy - The Joker.

Getting on the bandwagon? Err, and you're not?

WHo have I quoted? WHat are you talking about?

Congrats on your job and house. Very well done. I've just got a hole.

That just about sums people like you up. I rest my case m'lord:bigwave: What a COCK!!

not getting on bandwagon ,,see your not looking are you my thread was the first on the subject..anyway carnt be arsed anymore..i got better things to do with my life than get in rucks on a silly chat site.. by the way you sound a very bitter man/boy or whatever u are

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well numbnuts (as you dont like being called a twat) the need for so many police, was because the scum who organised this "protest" refused to say how many "protesters" there would be.

The police I believe, therefore had to prepare for thousands of angry hippies turning up. In the past this group have cause massive damage to the city, so I would say that would be the reason for so many police?

Little brain compute does it?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
not getting on bandwagon ,,see your not looking are you my thread was the first on the subject..anyway carnt be arsed anymore..i got better things to do with my life than get in rucks on a silly chat site.. by the way you sound a very bitter man/boy or whatever u are
You cannot be arsed because you are beaten.

So go to bed like you said. With all that work you do, you'll need to rest that little brain of yours of the tasks at hand.

Next time, when you post a rant, don't withdraw the first line of that rant latter on in the thread.

Makes you look a complete knob.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton

I'm pretty sure i read that is because Smash EDO refused to co-operate with Sussex police to organize a peaceful protest and refused to give details of a route they wanted to take and the they numbers expected to show up so Sussex police choose ( quite wisely ) to be over prepared than under prepared.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm pretty sure i read that is because Smash EDO refused to co-operate with Sussex police to organize a peaceful protest and refused to give details of a route they wanted to take and the they numbers expected to show up so Sussex police choose ( quite wisely ) to be over prepared than under prepared.
There you go Wideguy. Two people have answered you now.

Now, what's your point again:bla::bigwave:

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham

Mate, If you seriously want an answer to your question come down to John Street anytime you like and I will explain why there were so many Police Officers there. Having just finished working since 0700 this am and seeing colleagues covered in paint, suffered Injury, Police Vehicles damaged etc... I am sure it wont take long, even for you....

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
article-1026508-019C752700000578-264_468x286.jpg

Go on admit it. It's designed to intimidate.

And the protestors who all covered there faces with bandanas and had there hoods up dont look intimidating at all? If they are there on a PEACEFULL protest why the need to cover up there faces?

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
They need protection but do they REALLY need to look like this?

article-1026508-019C752700000578-264_468x286.jpg

Do the police need to look "military"? Why black? Why masks? Why those massive boots?

Go on admit it. It's designed to intimidate.

For a start they are not Police, they are Prison Officers, however ...

What do you suggest the Police wear when people are throwing bottles and rocks at them ? If you can think of something better to protect the Police please feel free...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
your user name seems to be missing simple simple

:) :)

cant be arsed to write except agreeing with most on here Mr Burns et al

f***ing unwashed dickheads, anti capitalist my arse get off the benefits then. Fair play to the police, and Edna dont bite these f***ing morons arent worth debating with

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't feel particularly sorry for arms manufacturers, even if they claim to produce only a clip.

We'd all like to think they are doing a wonderful job protecting us from terrorists and arming our boys abroad.

Unfortunately that is only a part of their overall business.

I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination describe myself as a pacifist, but it is worth reading up on the arms industry in general.

Even the Daily Mail readers would be shocked at what they get up to.

It's only a shame that the Police have to get involved and take the brunt of it.

I'd rather see then nicking the individuals selling instruments of torture to dodgy regimes, and I suspect the Police would rather be doing that too.

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Mate, If you seriously want an answer to your question come down to John Street anytime you like and I will explain why there were so many Police Officers there. Having just finished working since 0700 this am and seeing colleagues covered in paint, suffered Injury, Police Vehicles damaged etc... I am sure it wont take long, even for you....

so if i walk into the cop shop at any time i can say 'hello can the fellow off nsc please explain why there were so many filth down the protest on monday??' i will have several willing coppers wanting to have a chat over a cup of tea???

if that is the case you should maybe spend more time dishing out speeding tickets!!

Yoda

English & European
Just remember if things had turned out differently 60 years ago you might well NOW be enrolling into the ITT Schools for written and spoken ENGLISH, as your 1st language would be GERMAN.

American Multinationals have no respect for national boundaries.

Profit is everything.

Morals do not enter the equation.

Why not check up on YOUR history this time.

America entered the 2nd World War in Europe long after the turning point, after we won The Battle of Britain, survived The Blitz and postponed Operation Sea Lion and Germany turned it's attention to Russia with Operation Barbarossa. Even then their main efforts were still on the Battle for the Pacific.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't feel particularly sorry for arms manufacturers, even if they claim to produce only a clip.

We'd all like to think they are doing a wonderful job protecting us from terrorists and arming our boys abroad.

Unfortunately that is only a part of their overall business.

I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination describe myself as a pacifist, but it is worth reading up on the arms industry in general.

Even the Daily Mail readers would be shocked at what they get up to.

It's only a shame that the Police have to get involved and take the brunt of it.

I'd rather see then nicking the individuals selling instruments of torture to dodgy regimes, and I suspect the Police would rather be doing that too.

six pages of NSC'ers abusing one another and this ONE post nails it

larus

"So Mr Brutons is not innocent then..what did he do in order for his shop to be smashed up by your shit-locked trustafarian muggy mates then? WANKER." Quote by Csider

You should look at the broader picture.

Try and research the past before you lay blame on the present.

How far back in the past do you want to go?
100 years
200 years
300 years
500 years
1000 years
10000 years.

Yes, I am being totally serious. Your mentality is what causes conflicts to be dragged on for years, i.e. N.Ireland. At sometime, the events of the past have got to be forgotten. How can you blame the management of ITT now for what may have happened 40 years ago FFS.

The company in Brighton was part of Morgan Crucible, then there was a management buyout, the sale to EDO and then ITT acquired EDO.

Oh, I can assure you that I know more than anyone on here through close contacts - and no, I won't divolve more even though I know a lot more, but the propoganda being spouted by the Smash Edo is worse than Gordon Browns arithmetic.

One last point. If you don't want to have a defence company in Brighton, then you don't want a defence industry. If that's the case we'll have to disband the forces, and we'll not be able to protect ourselves. I'm sure we can the ask these very nice muslim extremists, and the horrible regimes in certain parts of the world if they would be very nice and give up there arms and be good chaps. Idealism is so easy; however, we happen to live in the real-world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here