Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
what i was getting at is that any other time of the day night whatever ..you never see a copper in sight on the streets, yet get a protest and they all come out the woodwork in droves... where are they when you been burgled etc etc...???

don't try and back out of your ridiculous earlier post. It's called priorities - serious public disorder ranks above theft.

We don't want that scum in this town and hopefully the police made them feel unwelcome

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant, lets close the factory -somehwere which provides jobs to locals and contributes to the econony-. If the components they make arent made there they will be made somewhere. People will still be affected by the weapons, it wont solve the problem

erm.......did you know the then mayor(or equivalent) of Riga said that about a concentration camp being built to rid the area of jews and other undesirables from the area.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd much rather having hundreds of coppers keeping these idiots at bay and preventing them disrupting everyone elses bank holiday weekend rather than no police being there and them running riot.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
what i was getting at is that any other time of the day night whatever ..you never see a copper in sight on the streets, yet get a protest and they all come out the woodwork in droves... where are they when you been burgled etc etc...???

Tell me when you last got burgled and I'll try & find out...

Not coming out of the woodwork at all: you think they WANT to spend a bank holiday Monday standing around all day getting gobbed at, verbally abused, having cans of lager and who knows what else chucked at them? They have no choice, I assure you. If the powers that be dictate there needs to be a certain number on duty, then that is what there shall be, whether you're supposed to be on rest days, annual leave, or whatever.

These protests are an absolute no-win for the police, which is why most officers- contrary to what you might think, overtime or no overtime- hate doing them. Lucky for me I was on duty elsewhere today, so I escaped. If the protestors don't turn up, it's a waste of resources/tax payers money. If they do in numbers, the place gets wrecked and the police are criticised for not doing enough. If they are forceful, it's brutality. If they adopt a wait & see approach, they're accused of letting criminality win out. Plus you're faced all day long with people whose entire agenda is to stitch up an officer and will go to great lengths to achieve that aim.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:

Idiot.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Tell me when you last got burgled and I'll try & find out...

Not coming out of the woodwork at all: you think they WANT to spend a bank holiday Monday standing around all day getting gobbed at, verbally abused, having cans of lager and who knows what else chucked at them? They have no choice, I assure you. If the powers that be dictate there needs to be a certain number on duty, then that is what there shall be, whether you're supposed to be on rest days, annual leave, or whatever.

These protests are an absolute no-win for the police, which is why most officers- contrary to what you might think, overtime or no overtime- hate doing them. Lucky for me I was on duty elsewhere today, so I escaped. If the protestors don't turn up, it's a waste of resources/tax payers money. If they do in numbers, the place gets wrecked and the police are criticised for not doing enough. If they are forceful, it's brutality. If they adopt a wait & see approach, they're accused of letting criminality win out. Plus you're faced all day long with people whose entire agenda is to stitch up an officer and will go to great lengths to achieve that aim.

Top post. They cannot win, right to a peaceful protest or not these idiots causing criminal damage and mass disruption (not through sheer numbers but through threatening behaviour) need to be sorted out. Hopefully with the economic situation picking up they won't get so much public/media sympathy, if it carries on some legislation cracking down on such activities is a must.

erm.......did you know the then mayor(or equivalent) of Riga said that about a concentration camp being built to rid the area of jews and other undesirables from the area.

EDO make parts for planes. Not exactly in the same league as your hyperbole. Where do you draw the line then? The company that provides the steel and chemicals for the bombs? The universities which train the people who design the weapons? The cadet clubs which encourage kids to join the military?

I absolutely don't want to see ob taking away people's rights to protest, but for that lot trying to turn over a police wagon that I am paying for - I would not notice if a load of f***-off sizable alsations spoiled their dinner with that sort, and I would not worry about getting the k9's rank and number.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you will find that their main product is guidance systems for smart bombs.

carry on

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you will find that their main product is guidance systems for smart bombs.

carry on

I'm no expert Dave but surely if that was the case the protestors would make more of that link?

My understanding of the situation is that ITT manufacture a clip that is part of the release mechanism in the weapons bay of fighter aircraft, designed to prevent the accidental release of bombs.

That in itself isn't likely to be an absolute vote winner with the general public, so surely if the company were involved in guidance systems the anti- groups would focus on that?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
don't try and back out of your ridiculous earlier post. It's called priorities - serious public disorder ranks above theft.

We don't want that scum in this town and hopefully the police made them feel unwelcome

not ridculous at all, and why tarnish everyone one as scum ? hang on a min what about all the protest btn fans had yrs back (belloti archer era) in which i was involved in as well, the hold up of traffic etc by the bonfire in newtown rd , the rucks with the ole bill, the pitch invasion at bournemouth(which again i was involved in) etc etc, we caused a lot of panic disruption to all the peaceful bournemouth/ btn folk..are we all scum then ??? why dont you engage your brain before your mouth a ???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
not ridculous at all, and why tarnish everyone one as scum ? hang on a min what about all the protest btn fans had yrs back (belloti archer era) in which i was involved in as well, the hold up of traffic etc by the bonfire in newtown rd , the rucks with the ole bill, the pitch invasion at bournemouth(which again i was involved in) etc etc, we caused a lot of panic disruption to all the peaceful bournemouth/ btn folk..are we all scum then ??? why dont you engage your brain before your mouth a ???

own goal I believe - your last sentence for example, have you missed a few words??

However strongly I felt about Archer, etc i would never condone them or their families being physically attacked, therefore the police did their job in protecting them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm no expert Dave but surely if that was the case the protestors would make more of that link?

My understanding of the situation is that ITT manufacture a clip that is part of the release mechanism in the weapons bay of fighter aircraft, designed to prevent the accidental release of bombs.

That in itself isn't likely to be an absolute vote winner with the general public, so surely if the company were involved in guidance systems the anti- groups would focus on that?

I stand corrected. When I worked for ITT (GEC), that was what they were bought for as EDO were the experts in that field

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
where are they when you been burgled etc etc...???

When my brother's place was broken into in the early hours last year, I was called by one of his neighbours to let me know the alarm had gone off. By the time I got there, there were 2 police cars already there and several policeman checking the house top to bottom, followed by a third patrol shortly after and the dog handler & CID not too far behind that. SOCO turned up just after 9am.

When our alarm went off a few months ago, a passing police car stopped to investigate, got the keyholder to let them in and checked all was in order. Ours was a false alarm as the dog friendly sensor wasn't quite so dog friendly.

:thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I agree EDO never talk about the protests, but I would like to know what profits they make from arms manufacture and how they probably pay zero towards paying to over police the demonstrations against them.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree EDO never talk about the protests, but I would like to know what profits they make from arms manufacture and how they probably pay zero towards paying to over police the demonstrations against them.

Interesting point. The problem is protesting against the company itself is counter productive all it means is that actually more government money (in the form of police etc) is spent protecting the offices/staff. As long as the government go on funding military activity there will be a company making profits out of it, is that really the company's fault?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
When my brother's place was broken into in the early hours last year, I was called by one of his neighbours to let me know the alarm had gone off. By the time I got there, there were 2 police cars already there and several policeman checking the house top to bottom, followed by a third patrol shortly after and the dog handler & CID not too far behind that. SOCO turned up just after 9am.

When our alarm went off a few months ago, a passing police car stopped to investigate, got the keyholder to let them in and checked all was in order. Ours was a false alarm as the dog friendly sensor wasn't quite so dog friendly.

:thumbsup:

well well you were lucky then.. my mate got broke in ..phoned police was told they were too busy... what waiting in thier warm patrol cars for someone to go 2-3 miles over the speed limit, im sorry i may sound anti-police, im not im just saying it how it is in reality !!

Pay for someone else disrupting their legal business? If they were forced to do that then they could easily be bankrupted by the protesters. Easy peasy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here