Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
*sighs* I can hardly be arsed...but I will indulge you just a bit more.

I have been in my job for about five years. In that time, I have prosecuted a grand total of zero people for speeding.

There is a designated Road Policing unit with responsibility for this kind of thing, and that's essentially what they deal with. Well, not just speeding, but other traffic offences, mobile phone use, drink drivers and often, scraping bits of people off the road; and breaking the hearts of grieving relatives, after their loved ones have ploughed their cars into trees. I bloody wish they would come to burglaries, but they don't, in fact I've known them to have days when they can't even cover every serious collision and rely on response officers to deal as best they can.

The ones you're talking about are the basic response officers, who deal with crime, the usual thing you expect us to. They have neither the inclination, the equipment nor the time to sit on roads waiting for marginal speeding offences. They get sent to job, after job, after job, sometimes a little time after the victim would like them to, because the call handlers have to prioritise the immediate need based on the contents of the telephone call. They don't care about minor traffic offences - that just means more forms to fill in.

If your mate had reported the burglars still on scene, they would have come round straight away, or should have done at least. If he gets home from work to find someone's been and gone, nicking stuff, it's unpleasant, but it's not an emergency, therefore it won't be graded an immediate response and will be queued for the next available unit. As will all the similar burglaries. And reports of receiving slightly mean text messages from someone at school. And stolen gnomes. And assaults where the assailant is no longer present.

Not looking for sympathy here, I'm just saying it's not a case of "can't be bothered". Sussex Police often receive a couple of thousand calls a day but don't have anything like that number of officers on duty at any one time.

So spare me the cliches about traffic tickets :wave:

you want to do your f***ing job............no speeding tickets!:shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Brilliant, lets close the factory -somehwere which provides jobs to locals and contributes to the econony-. If the components they make arent made there they will be made somewhere. People will still be affected by the weapons, it wont solve the problem

I just love that... " If we don't do it someone else will anyway " argument. :wozza:

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

ok so its alright for them to damage property, assault peopleetc, you need to get alife son shine and wake up the fact that these unwashed, jobless, f***ing dirty lazy dickheads need a good beating and told to get a job or f*** off out of this country if its that bad.
if they're such lovely peaceful people,why cover the whole of their faces on every march?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
*sighs* I can hardly be arsed...but I will indulge you just a bit more.

I have been in my job for about five years. In that time, I have prosecuted a grand total of zero people for speeding.

There is a designated Road Policing unit with responsibility for this kind of thing, and that's essentially what they deal with. Well, not just speeding, but other traffic offences, mobile phone use, drink drivers and often, scraping bits of people off the road; and breaking the hearts of grieving relatives, after their loved ones have ploughed their cars into trees. I bloody wish they would come to burglaries, but they don't, in fact I've known them to have days when they can't even cover every serious collision and rely on response officers to deal as best they can.

The ones you're talking about are the basic response officers, who deal with crime, the usual thing you expect us to. They have neither the inclination, the equipment nor the time to sit on roads waiting for marginal speeding offences. They get sent to job, after job, after job, sometimes a little time after the victim would like them to, because the call handlers have to prioritise the immediate need based on the contents of the telephone call. They don't care about minor traffic offences - that just means more forms to fill in.

If your mate had reported the burglars still on scene, they would have come round straight away, or should have done at least. If he gets home from work to find someone's been and gone, nicking stuff, it's unpleasant, but it's not an emergency, therefore it won't be graded an immediate response and will be queued for the next available unit. As will all the similar burglaries. And reports of receiving slightly mean text messages from someone at school. And stolen gnomes. And assaults where the assailant is no longer present.

Not looking for sympathy here, I'm just saying it's not a case of "can't be bothered". Sussex Police often receive a couple of thousand calls a day but don't have anything like that number of officers on duty at any one time.

So spare me the cliches about traffic tickets :wave:

what about the bikers roaring up and down the 264 horsham rd every weekend at breakneck speed... i use the road quite a lot..dont see any police around then ??? wonder why ??

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

ok so its alright for them to damage property, assault peopleetc, you need to get alife son shine and wake up the fact that these unwashed, jobless, f***ing dirty lazy dickheads need a good beating and told to get a job or f*** off out of this country if its that bad.
if they're such lovely peaceful people,why cover the whole of their faces on every march?

well sunny boy you had yer chance today to put your exact point across to them in person if you feel so strongly, im sure they would have taken your views on board !!!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
took some pics of all the vans and police but cant upload for some reason

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Not sure what EDO do or make, but there is no need for these scum, yes I will describe some of them as scum, throwing bricks and causing mayhem in Preston park when there were loads of mums and kids playing around. The Police are only doing their job and yes there are some 'scum' in the police as well, but I think I know where the majority are. It was like 'Rent a mob' anbd yes they do need to get a job, a shower, some manners and a brain as not sure they knew what they were protesting about.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"My understanding of the situation is that ITT manufacture a clip that is part of the release mechanism in the weapons bay of fighter aircraft, designed to prevent the accidental release of bombs." Quote by Edna krapappel.
"The Sovereign State (1973, ISBN 0-340-17195-2) is a book by Anthony Sampson that uses the example of ITT (International Telephone and Telegraph) to make a broader point about the weakening of the authority of traditional national governments by the multinational corporations. In part it was a portrait of Harold Geneen, the chief executive of ITT from 1959 until 1977. Geneen was a legendarily hands-on manager, who believed it necessary to penetrate through layers of "false facts" to get to the "unshakable facts" about any of the markets or divisions of his conglomerate."

I had no firm view on this subject until "ITT" was mentioned.

I worked for this corrupt corporation in the 1970s and it appears that they have not changed their immoral activities.

One example is that ITT in collusion with the CIA over through the ALLENDE government in Chile during the 1970s.

Anything that involves this corrupt organisation should be vigorously opposed.

Good luck to the protesters, they are doing a social service.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
they dirty unwashed cnuts smashed the windows of the army surplus store at preston circus............prize pricks!:angry:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
"My understanding of the situation is that ITT manufacture a clip that is part of the release mechanism in the weapons bay of fighter aircraft, designed to prevent the accidental release of bombs." Quote by Edna krapappel.
"The Sovereign State (1973, ISBN 0-340-17195-2) is a book by Anthony Sampson that uses the example of ITT (International Telephone and Telegraph) to make a broader point about the weakening of the authority of traditional national governments by the multinational corporations. In part it was a portrait of Harold Geneen, the chief executive of ITT from 1959 until 1977. Geneen was a legendarily hands-on manager, who believed it necessary to penetrate through layers of "false facts" to get to the "unshakable facts" about any of the markets or divisions of his conglomerate."

I worked for this corrupt corporation in the 1970s and it appears that they have not changed their immoral activities.

One example is that ITT in collusion with the CIA over through the ALLENDE government in Chile during the 1970s.

a social service............tell that to the fella who will have to claim for damage to his shop. social service, f***ing joke..........how much do you think today cost to police then??

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
they dirty unwashed cnuts smashed the windows of the army surplus store at preston circus............prize pricks!:angry:

trampy c unts looting brutons. they must need to stock up on old east german army shirts and camo trousers for glastonbury.

brutons is to the self respecting crustie, what turnbull and asser is to prince charles.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
ITT is an abhorrent organisation with links to the NAZI'S and to the MAFFIA.

During the 2nd World War they had factories in both UK and Germany and they were hedging their bets for who was to win the war.

ITT WEAPONS KILLED BRITISH SUBJECTS IN THE 2ND WORLD WAR.

They are not an inoccent victimised company.
EDO IS NOW A WHOLLY OWNED ITT COMPANY.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

During the 2nd World War they had factories in both UK and Germany and they were hedging their bets for who was to win the war.

They are not an inoccent victimised company.
EDO IS NOW A WHOLLY OWNED ITT COMPANY.

So Mr Brutons is not innocent then..what did he do in order for his shop to be smashed up by your shit-locked trustafarian muggy mates then? WANKER.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"So Mr Brutons is not innocent then..what did he do in order for his shop to be smashed up by your shit-locked trustafarian muggy mates then? WANKER." Quote by Csider

You should look at the broader picture.

Try and research the past before you lay blame on the present.

Jan 30, 2008
puts the march for England last week into perspective!!! f*** sake those dirty smelly fuckers protesting today want a f***ing good hiding ,blatantly commiting crime in front of the OB , interesting CV's some of these pricks must have .

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
what i was getting at is that any other time of the day night whatever ..you never see a copper in sight on the streets, yet get a protest and they all come out the woodwork in droves... where are they when you been burgled etc etc...???

You've clearly never been to Brighton on a Thur,Fri and Sat night then,you obviously hang around with the twats in Crawley town centre.

Jan 30, 2008

you couldn't make that last comment up :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

bit desperate isnt it? you could say the same of just about any multinational company in business around in the 1930's. dont see IBM being attacked for providing the machinery the Nazis used to keep tabs on their population and i know you are using some of their products or technology right now...

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights

WTF is he on about,their all jobless,benefit grabbing,smelly little fuckers who need shooting.:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here