Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop blaming El-Abd

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I am sick to death of everybody blaming El-Abd whenever we lose, he has become the easy target. Butters was lambasted when he came here for giving away penalties etc, but look at what he has achieved. It was a game over 90 minutes, we didn't score when by all accounts we should have, Leeds missed some good chances. They guy as far as I have seen sweats blood for the shirt, give 100% every game and is probably best suited to a holding role in midfield. Even under all this critisism recently, he has not thrown a hissy fit like others. Yes he got pissed off when abused from the stands, but that for me shows he cares. Give him a break and show him support, we can't afford to buy premiership midfielders, so lets make the best of the loyal ones we have. He is not un-talented, just going through an unlucky period. It did sounded like he was having a reasonable game until the virtual oggy.

Oatway, Paul Rogers, Jonny Crumplin all got the same, but turned it around.

I am sure I will get flamed, but what the hell, it's what I think.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Did Butters give away penalties? I thought he didn't play and got sent out on loan?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
He most surely did, I think 2 in five games, and made some howlers, just before Coppel took over. Then he got put on eBay but Edna.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i recall a couple of seasons ago, El-Abd was widely touted as one of our best most promising players. If anything, his ability and willingness to play different postions has ended up working against him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You're right - Pompey and Exeter.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it wasn't just the hash he made for the goal yesterday

what about those 2 ridiculous back passes?

he is commited and brighton through and through but where is his best position
?

centre back?
full back? defensivly ok there but passing is shit
midfield ? see full back

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
it wasn't just the hash he made for the goal yesterday

what about those 2 ridiculous back passes?

he is commited and brighton through and through but where is his best position
?

centre back?
full back? defensivly ok there but passing is shit
midfield ? see full back

but where is his best position you ask ?

Not in the first team .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He allright but he's becoming a victim of his own flexibility, A sort of jack of all trades and master of none.

I know he approached Mark McGee and wondered why he was in the 2nd team and McGee told him it was because we dont have a 3rd team.................

sorry

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He allright but he's becoming a victim of his own flexibility, A sort of jack of all trades and master of none.

In my view, that's down to the manager, though. He would still give his all if he were asked to play in goal, he doesn't have the option of choosing his position. I'm still unsure about him, not sure whether he's up to it yet.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
He tries but at the end of the day he simply isn't good enough. He has become a liability. Even when he has a good game he nearly always ruins it with an act of stupidity.
Everyone makes mistakes and you can accept that but unfortunately with El-Abd he makes a couple of major mistakes every game it seems.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mayo makes more mistakes

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Mayo makes more mistakes

Which is why he is no longer playing first team football...and thank goodness for that.

:falmerspi

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In my view, that's down to the manager, though. He would still give his all if he were asked to play in goal, he doesn't have the option of choosing his position. I'm still unsure about him, not sure whether he's up to it yet.

It's also down to the player to make a position his own and he has'nt done it so far so thats why he'll never be more than a stop gap.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its the same old story when Albion fans are looking for a scapegoat. A player gets the blame for a mistake that is not forgotten but carries on for longer than is necessary. If Kebab scores 8 goals this season there are some who will still be on at him. No doubt if we lose a few more matches and the tactics are deemed to be wrong the NSC Wilkins Out poll thread will appear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here