Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stone Island,Burberry etc

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
don't really matter I suppose tinx, and I'm not 100% either - anyhow its the burberry tartan thats got the bad rap....such a shame really as in its best form I think its quite classy IMHO....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the end of the day Burberry and Stone Island gear that blatantly promotes the label (Check print or silly sewn on arm tags) is all very very naff and is generally looked upon by anyone with an ounce of fashion sense as laughable clothing for wannabes.

I cant believe that anyone wants to wear labels that are now commonplace for 14 yr olds who think its cool to look like a hoolie at a footy match. In my opinion its all pretty sad and classless.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
tedebear said:
don't really matter I suppose tinx, and I'm not 100% either - anyhow its the burberry tartan thats got the bad rap....such a shame really as in its best form I think its quite classy IMHO....

I agree tedebear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I used to have a Stone Island jumper and got proper upset when Mrs GB put it in storage rather than shipping by mistake. I've also never hit anyone at football in my life. Go figure.

I think Tedebear has got the Burberry thing round the right way.

Thomas Burberry stuff is the cheap, tacky shite available in USC, Madhouse etc. A bit like the Ralph Lauren 'Chaps' range.

Burberry gear, like my £65 polo shirt, is in 'proper' fashion outlets like Profile, Gog Shop, Reise etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is wrong if people wear something Burberry ?

Futile discussion perhaps started by jeolous people ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
nothing wrong at all Beach Hut - although there are a definite minority who believe it is a uniform of sorts and this is what the discussion is basically about...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Persecution I say, bit like the thread a while ago about knee-length trousers on males being camp in the summer.

Wrote to my MP about that one :angry: :angry:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Beach Hut said:
What is wrong if people wear something Burberry ?

Futile discussion perhaps started by jeolous people ?

Jealous? :lolol:

Id much rather pay the same or more money for some decent designer gear that isnt associated with 12 year olds, Paul Smith, Energie, evisu, DKNY, Maharishi etc on the whole is far more sophisticated, understated and fashionable (I know there are exceptions) and unique or Id rather go for more casual stuff like Bench, Carhart, boxfresh, diesel etc.

Why anyone wants to wear a baseball cap with naff cheque pattern or a label stuck on your arm that is whatever way you look at it worn by shall we say many intellectually challenged people at footy is beyond me.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Jesus, in my day hoolies wore Pringle sweaters and Kappa Tracksuits !!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
QUOTE]Originally posted by Safeway
Personally speaking, I don't buy designer clothes because I want people to know how much I spent on it.[/QUOTE]

Safeway said:
Burberry gear, like my £65 polo shirt, is in 'proper' fashion outlets like Profile, Gog Shop, Reise etc.

???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Albion Dan said:
Jealous? :lolol:

Id much rather pay the same or more money for some decent designer gear that isnt associated with 12 year olds, Paul Smith, Energie, evisu, DKNY, Maharishi etc on the whole is far more sophisticated, understated and fashionable (I know there are exceptions) and unique or Id rather go for more casual stuff like Bench, Carhart, boxfresh, diesel etc.

Why anyone wants to wear a baseball cap with naff cheque pattern or a label stuck on your arm that is whatever way you look at it worn by shall we say many intellectually challenged people at footy is beyond me.

I wouldn't be seen dead in a burberry baseball cap - although I suppose someone might embalm me with one on :p

The point I was trying to make was maybe those opposed are perhaps jealous they can't afford them ?

Okay, fair cop by Mental! :blush:

I actually wasn't boasting about how much the top cost, but was trying to explain that for decent Burberrys stuff you'll pay much more. For example, my polo shirt cost £65, whereas you can probably pick up a Thomas Burberry jumper for around £40.

See what I mean?

Confused? You will be. :lolol:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
when i was younger i used to be well into designer clothes, then i saw the error of my ways ,i was spending £60 on a shirt that i hardly wore!

I now shop in high street stores, buy my underware from primark.
I usally buy my clothes in the sales.

I personally dont like all this burberry ,stone island stuff and can't believe people will pay so much money for It!

I do admit that [paying that little bit more you get quality,im quite a fan of Fred Perry clothes as everything ive bought has lasted well and is a good fit,

if i pay more than £30 for a garment ,im having a tug of war with the money with the sales assistant.

Gerbils giving it all the big one about his designer gear, but Mrs Gerbil has bought it all!!!, if it was up to him it would be a RUMBLE IN THE JUMBLE for Dead mens clothes!!!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
kinkygerbil said:
who is this fake gerbil?

The 1 and ONLY original Gerbil!!!!:lolol:

My stuff was from a jumble sale Popkins!!!

Yoooouuuuuuu:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here