Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stone Island,Burberry etc

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Deano's Right Foot said:
Peter Storm rocks!

i tend to get singled out by MI5/CIA more than the old bill.

Lammy said:
Would you wear the same "quality" clothing if it wasn't obvious how much it cost across a crowded pub?

But that's just the thing. Personally speaking, I don't buy designer clothes because I want people to know how much I spent on it. I buy such gear because I like it. You'll find that with decent designer clothes the label is barely noticeable anyway, which seperates it from the fake crap with 'TOMMY' or whatever splashed across the front.

Agree about Burberry caps though. Fake or real, they are pretty naff.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think i'm missing something here

I go in a shop and see if there is anything i like. If i like it and it's well made, i check the label to see if it says size 'fat bastard' and buy it. The last thing i bother to look at is the name of the maker.

???

WATFORD zero said:
I think i'm missing something here

I go in a shop and see if there is anything i like. If i like it and it's well made, i check the label to see if it says size 'fat bastard' and buy it. The last thing i bother to look at is the name of the maker.

???

I don't think anyone will argue with you on that.

What's your point exactly?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're right safeway,

is there any way i can ignore threads on clothing labels or music threads started by chappers and dwayne befor i embarrass myself ? :)

DOH too late

Last edited:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I dont know much about clothes, have never been a fashion guru, however, I do think that it is all a bit shallow really, the argument of I have a better label than you is playground stuff.
In regards to the fact that it is hooligan wear, maybe, if you know that and wear it, then expect trouble.
To be totally honest it doesnt really interest me so I dont even know why Iam commenting on this thread.
However, I go to the football with my cousin, who wears burberry, he is not a trouble maker or a hooligan in fact far from it, but I found myself saying last night that maybe I should not associate with him cos others may see him as trouble. Can you beleive it?
I wear a Brighton Cap or hat and a Brighton shirt to the game, funny that isnt it, seeing as I am going to support Brighton and not make a fashion statement.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Ironically if you go to pubs such as wetherspoons etc in your footbasll shirt then you aren't allowe din but in a stone Island sweater you are. Which is likely to cause th emost trouble

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
don't bother me - I have a short wool burberry skirt with leather buckles - works well with my tall boots and stockings....never got me in any trouble at the pub - apart from the obvious) ;)

sorry guys I just had to ;) :lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
a big fact here . . . .quality tailors and clothing manufacturers suffered due to high street far east mass produced tat . . .what most of you are buying is far east mass manufactured tat with a bespoke tailors label on it.

A Gentleman will wear an Aquascutum/ Gieves/ whomevers tailor made suit because its a good quality item, it will have a tailors reference on a smal label inside the pocket, and of course the manufacturers name.

a twat will buy something with the same label sewn all over the outside of a mass produced item and THINK he has a bespoke quality item . . . .I think its called marketing.

If you invest in quality it lasts . . . .if the mass marketed stuff genuinely was quality why does everyone have a different top every three months ?

quality never goes out of style

Im off . . . .wheres me Crombie :lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
tedebear said:
don't bother me - I have a short wool burberry skirt with leather buckles - works well with my tall boots and stockings....never got me in any trouble at the pub - apart from the obvious) ;)

sorry guys I just had to ;) :lol:

Thomas Burberry for women is quality stuff. My missus picked out a Burberry handbag when we were in Harvey nicks and it cost about 500 quid. needless to say we left without the bag.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tinx - hang on a minute - theres a difference between Burberry and Thomas Burberry as far as I know.... Burberry in its original form is the beige and black tartan - originally was a gentlemans outfitter etc I think.... Thomas Burberry makes general clothes nowadays... I think its originally the same guy - just the company got split?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As i understand it the company split the ranges they sell the Thomas Burberry name was kept for the posh stuff which is decent and then the teeny boper baseball cap range was simply burberry, lesser quality and cheaper.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
tinx said:
As i understand it the company split the ranges they sell the Thomas Burberry name was kept for the posh stuff which is decent and then the teeny boper baseball cap range was simply burberry, lesser quality and cheaper.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong

I thought it was the other way around - but I also may be wrong... my skirt is definitely Burberry and cost slightly more than your average baseball cap I'll say!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here