Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

still no vicente then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
and who do you think will want to pay him decent money if it seems he can never get fit and play? Nobody.

That is the crunch if and when he is fit enough to compete there would be a number of clubs lining up willing to pay him good money to sign him, but he must be fit and show his value while with us.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree it is annoying that Vicente hasn't featured but then look at the injuries we have suffered. I still don't think that Gus has been able to field our strongest team yet, let alone get a decent run of games out of them.

Anyone who saw Vicente's goal at Ipswich will know he has what it takes. For a brief few minutes after taking the lead he looked the business but then our defence went to sleep and we know the rest. It was that cameo by Vicente that made me feel he could be our missing link given the right players around him. Yes he may not have that turn of pace but his footballing brain is on a different level to most of squad. I think CMS would revel on the passes from Vicente's vision and guile if they had a decent run in the team together.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
At least it proves that Gus doesn't always get it right.

Two games since signing in October is truly pathetic, particularly as he doesn't appear to really be injured, just not "match fit". Becoming a real joke.

So there's Vicente; the Murray debacle; the failure to sign a real Murray replacement; signing expensive "crocks" Hoskins and Buckley; the fact that we can muster a maximum of one shot on goal in most matches ...

How we're 7th is beyond my comprehension. Proves it's a pretty rubbish league in spite of the big name teams.

The season can only get better.

Gus has made a few f*** ups,not getting Murray to sign,signing an unfit player,Billy Paynter,Ryan Harley to name a few,but he knows,a manager stands and falls by his decisions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus has made a few f*** ups,not getting Murray to sign,signing an unfit player,Billy Paynter,Ryan Harley to name a few,but he knows,a manager stands and falls by his decisions.

Harley a mistake? You should be a manager mate, clearly cleverer than Brendan Rogers and Gus Poyet... Had a good conversation with Rogers about Harley the other week

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd rather have spent the money keeping Murray if I'm honest. Hindsight.

Vicente has been class the rare times he's played but I'm so disappointed with his fitness. Obviously it was a risk but I wish gus would just tell us his legs are f***ed sparing us the bullshit every week!! 'oh he's nearly fit again'.. He's been nearly fit every week gus!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
:facepalm: seriously you need to take a good look in the mirror and say what a moron you are.

How is Hoskins an expensive crock? He played a full season for bristol rovers last year?
Buckley is growing so he is not a 'crock' but it is part of his development
This league is no rubbish at all and our players have been putting in everything to get us to 7th
If you are going to the football disappointed with us being in 7th position and around the playoffs then you should probably go and support Man City where you are less likely to feel like this.
:thumbsup: :lolol:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Harley a mistake? You should be a manager mate, clearly cleverer than Brendan Rogers and Gus Poyet... Had a good conversation with Rogers about Harley the other week

Other than a free kick or 2,or the odd sensible pass,tell me what more he has contributed? He aint no championship player,my opinion,dont like it,not my problem.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Glad to hear somebody else who thinks this. I posted something very similar in another thread and got absolutely flamed for it. Even got the same 'fat lazy arse' drivel from this aolstudios character . The thing that gets to me about the situation is Gus has said a few players have been selected whilst carrying injuries because we're short staffed ,however despite being ready/fit still no sign?!? Why?
hello DarrenFreemansPerm character. Cheer up lad, eh? :rave: :ascarf:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Complete bottle job. I don't think he is up to it any longer. People can bang on about the Spanish League, but that is a little lightweight pussy league where you intercept instead of actually tackle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Other than a free kick or 2,or the odd sensible pass,tell me what more he has contributed? He aint no championship player,my opinion,dont like it,not my problem.

I'd rather trust professionals with experience of the game rather than someone who has probably never played the game at any level. If you think Harley has done "nothing" this backs up my theory... Harley is a young player who has made a big jump up in standard, he is improving with every game and I am confident he will come good.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
and who do you think will want to pay him decent money if it seems he can never get fit and play? Nobody. So all these people saying he is a bottler and is in it for the money are just stupid. He wants to play I am sure as much as we want to see him. Give it time and I am sure we will see more of him because he is undeniably brilliant at this level
correct :thumbsup: :ascarf:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
I'd rather trust professionals with experience of the game rather than someone who has probably never played the game at any level. If you think Harley has done "nothing" this backs up my theory... Harley is a young player who has made a big jump up in standard, he is improving with every game and I am confident he will come good.

So,please tell me,what you have seen about Harley? This should be interesting...
Not played at any level,lol you have lost your case now,cant be arse to go into who i played for,and what team i managed,not a high level,West Sussex league only,but still winning back to back leagues,a couple of cup doubles,just to say a few.....
And you have played/managed who?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He has certain qualities that nobody else can bring to the team but it's a f***ing pisstake that he's always getting a knock the day before a game. If he doesn't play by January then I'll be glad to see him go, We need to sign some young energetic creative midfield like Benno's type.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I wouldn't be surprised to see Vicente on January 2nd. If he's only going to be fit for a limited number of games I can see Gus saving him for the ones that matter most (to Gus).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He has certain qualities that nobody else can bring to the team but it's a f***ing pisstake that he's always getting a knock the day before a game. If he doesn't play by January then I'll be glad to see him go, We need to sign some young energetic creative midfield like Benno's type.

Because players like Bennett grow on trees. Whilst we are at it why don't we go grab a young striker from nowhere like we did with bobby, seeing as there is this great big tree Of them waiting to be plucked from obscurity.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Vicente seems to be getting a massively over the top and unfair amount of criticism. He has simply been injured, no more, no less. Gus's statements about his fitness nearly being there are to keep the opposition guessing, not for the benefit of the fans.

I have a seriously good feeling about this player, and it won't be long before he makes his impact on the season. Could well be the player that takes us to the Premier League via the playoffs.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I don't need cheering up, I'm fine. Maybe you do though, perhaps upset because your beloved Vicente is a crock? :wave:
I'm happy thanks. Team I support's holding it's own in this division better than any time since Chris Cattlin was pushed out. And he's not beloved more than any other player that wears the shirt, he's got the experience and class that we're not exactly overflowing with either yet. Frustrates me to not see him (& Hoskins & Buckley, Al Abd...) too, just frustrates me more to have Albion players called bottlers and worse based on nothing you've seen on the pitch or anywhere else :wave: :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here