Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

still no vicente then

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
FFS. It's simple. He's match fit but not fit in a way that means he could play a match. For that he needs to get fit by playing matches, but obviously he can't do that until he's fit in a match fit way. Which requires fitness. But not matches. They come later. But start first.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
FFS. It's simple. He's match fit but not fit in a way that means he could play a match. For that he needs to get fit by playing matches, but obviously he can't do that until he's fit in a match fit way. Which requires fitness. But not matches. They come later. But start first.
:lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Seems like a gamble that hasn't so far paid off.
Whether or not it ever will remains to be seen................have my doubts,personally.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I just hope he turns out to be a Butters rather than a Kitson but I AM beginning to worry a bit!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
At least it proves that Gus doesn't always get it right.

Two games since signing in October is truly pathetic, particularly as he doesn't appear to really be injured, just not "match fit". Becoming a real joke.

So there's Vicente; the Murray debacle; the failure to sign a real Murray replacement; signing expensive "crocks" Hoskins and Buckley; the fact that we can muster a maximum of one shot on goal in most matches ...

How we're 7th is beyond my comprehension. Proves it's a pretty rubbish league in spite of the big name teams.

The season can only get better.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
At least it proves that Gus doesn't always get it right.

Two games since signing in October is truly pathetic, particularly as he doesn't appear to really be injured, just not "match fit". Becoming a real joke.

So there's Vicente; the Murray debacle; the failure to sign a real Murray replacement; signing expensive "crocks" Hoskins and Buckley; the fact that we can muster a maximum of one shot on goal in most matches ...

How we're 7th is beyond my comprehension. Proves it's a pretty rubbish league in spite of the big name teams.

The season can only get better.

:facepalm: seriously you need to take a good look in the mirror and say what a moron you are.

How is Hoskins an expensive crock? He played a full season for bristol rovers last year?
Buckley is growing so he is not a 'crock' but it is part of his development
This league is no rubbish at all and our players have been putting in everything to get us to 7th
If you are going to the football disappointed with us being in 7th position and around the playoffs then you should probably go and support Man City where you are less likely to feel like this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
How we're 7th is beyond my comprehension.

dunce-cap-picture.jpg

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
[COMMENT]Tony Meolas Loan Spell
He just doesnt fancy it. His injuries are in his head. He joined in october and we have had less than two games out of him .waste of money but knew the apologists would rally. sign of the times on this board. [/COMMENT]

A fantastic piece of unsubstantiated nonsense delivered with the conviction of someone who considers himself on expert on the subject (wrongly). Have you considered writing for the Daily Mail?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Waste of wages and a shirt. a bottler who isnt up for it. but no doubt the apologists on here will come out with their lily livered rhetoric.

Glad to hear somebody else who thinks this. I posted something very similar in another thread and got absolutely flamed for it. Even got the same 'fat lazy arse' drivel from this aolstudios character . The thing that gets to me about the situation is Gus has said a few players have been selected whilst carrying injuries because we're short staffed ,however despite being ready/fit still no sign?!? Why?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I get the impression Gus only picks players he suspects can play a large part of the game since substitutes were reduced to 5.

Certainly hasn't done El-Abd any harm.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
:facepalm: seriously you need to take a good look in the mirror and say what a moron you are.

How is Hoskins an expensive crock? He played a full season for bristol rovers last year?
Buckley is growing so he is not a 'crock' but it is part of his development
This league is no rubbish at all and our players have been putting in everything to get us to 7th
If you are going to the football disappointed with us being in 7th position and around the playoffs then you should probably go and support Man City where you are less likely to feel like this.

I couldn't give a shit what Hoskins did or didn't do last season. I'm talking about THIS season when he has been an expensive crock. The stats prove it. He has started TWO out of 21 games for us. Buckley has started THREE.

And as far as our league position; we are definitely flattering to deceive.

All I am asking for is a decent attacking team scoring a reasonable number of goals and taking shots on goal when the opportunities arise. That's what football is all about.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I couldn't give a shit what Hoskins did or didn't do last season. I'm talking about THIS season when he has been an expensive crock. The stats prove it. He has started TWO out of 21 games for us. Buckley has started THREE.

All I am asking for is a decent attacking team scoring a reasonable number of goals and taking shots on goal when the opportunities arise. That's what football is all about.

Are you crazy? If we did that we'd get promoted and we can't afford that this season

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agree with the sentiment of this

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not saying this is so bit is it not possible that he has earnt a lot of money during his career and is with us on a very low wage and just using us to get fit and play some games and when he has achieved that, he will move on and earn decent money again.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I am not saying this is so bit is it not possible that he has earnt a lot of money during his career and is with us on a very low wage and just using us to get fit and play some games and when he has achieved that, he will move on and earn decent money again.

and who do you think will want to pay him decent money if it seems he can never get fit and play? Nobody. So all these people saying he is a bottler and is in it for the money are just stupid. He wants to play I am sure as much as we want to see him. Give it time and I am sure we will see more of him because he is undeniably brilliant at this level

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gus saying players are ready to contribute - when they quite clearly are not - fuels speculation on here no end.
He has his reasons I suppose.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Are you crazy? If we did that we'd get promoted and we can't afford that this season

Good point. I don't want promotion this season either.

But I'd rather see us losing 2-3 than 0-1; I'd rather see a 2-2 draw than 0-0; I prefer a 4-3 win to 1-0.

I just like goals. Nothing wrong with that surely? I believe it's a large part of the game ... or should be!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Good point. I don't want promotion this season either.

But I'd rather see us losing 2-3 than 0-1; I'd rather see a 2-2 draw than 0-0; I prefer a 4-3 win to 1-0.

I just like goals. Nothing wrong with that surely? I believe it's a large part of the game ... or should be!

Well I am afraid Gus disagrees. He has said on many occasions that he likes to be able to control a game. And the way he feels he can do this is by being strong defensively and then look to score one goal or two. If you want 4-3's, 2-2's and 4-3's you should go and support Barnsley or Peterborough who are far more gung ho. If we had gone with their policy who knows where we would be in the league now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here