Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stewards please read!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If its for our own safety then surely we shouldn't be able to stand up at half time either.... that's just as bad isn't it??

Does something exciting happen at half time? Are there things that make a full stadium jump up and down and take leave of their senses momentarily? Are probably more than half the fans out getting burgers or using the loo during the match?

During a game there are controversial incidents, dubious ref decisions, hearty challenges, there are goals - the sorts of things that excite a crowd and make them forget their surroundings and the safety rules.

How often do you, while celebrating a goal, jump up and down then stop and think "hang on, should be careful, if I lean forward to celebrate with my fellow fans in the row in front of me, or the next row down I could lose my balance and land on them, squashing the 86 year old man there, or the 8 year old girl over there"? You don't do you? You're lost in the euphoria.

Extreme examples, I know, but doesn't mean it won't happen. Maybe the FA are being too safety conscious like most of modern society, but personally, I would prefer that to another hillsborough.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
YOU COMPLETE FUCKWIT :nono:

f*** you prick I was making a point, sure we wont get 10point penalty but it is against the RULES to stand and we COULD get a fine of a cash amount for the club...and knowing the FA they are probably looking for a new scapegoat to take a points penalty for standing as Luton got dumped today!

Does something exciting happen at half time? Are there things that make a full stadium jump up and down and take leave of their senses momentarily? Are probably more than half the fans out getting burgers or using the loo during the match?

During a game there are controversial incidents, dubious ref decisions, hearty challenges, there are goals - the sorts of things that excite a crowd and make them forget their surroundings and the safety rules.

How often do you, while celebrating a goal, jump up and down then stop and think "hang on, should be careful, if I lean forward to celebrate with my fellow fans in the row in front of me, or the next row down I could lose my balance and land on them, squashing the 86 year old man there, or the 8 year old girl over there"? You don't do you? You're lost in the euphoria.

Extreme examples, I know, but doesn't mean it won't happen. Maybe the FA are being too safety conscious like most of modern society, but personally, I would prefer that to another hillsborough.

f*** sake. Hillsborough has managed to be avoided in other countries WITHOUT the draconian measures and your examples are so flawed as to be ridiculous. Extreme? They're just plain silly. This is Withdean we're talking about.

f*** you prick I was making a point, sure we wont get 10point penalty but it is against the RULES to stand and we COULD get a fine of a cash amount for the club...and knowing the FA they are probably looking for a new scapegoat to take a points penalty for standing as Luton got dumped today!

But we won't get a fine. Any lawyer would merely need to show a jury MOTD for it to be thrown out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
f*** sake. Hillsborough has managed to be avoided in other countries WITHOUT the draconian measures and your examples are so flawed as to be ridiculous. Extreme? They're just plain silly. This is Withdean we're talking about.

Yeah, and until 1989, hillsborough hadn't happened in Britain without draconian measures. So your rebuttal is flawed.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Hillsborough?? are you joking?????

The FA are being too safety conscious.. as with most laws nowadays, they are being created enforced with zero common sense.

Yeah, and until 1989, hillsborough hadn't happened in Britain without draconian measures. So your rebuttal is flawed.

Absolute rubbish. The Germans and the Spanish and the Italians and the French have shown that you can have safe terracing and these are with much bigger crowds with much more intense atmospheres than a Brighton v Oldham game at Withdean.

Please stop trotting out Hillsborough as a defence of all seater stadia, The draconian measures were brought in by a Government that neither understood nor liked football and it's just silly to say that because we've never had a Hillsborough since that it proves it works. The Germans have proved that the measures were NEVER necessary.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

:laugh::lolol:
Maybe its true its against the rules but if everyone is standing up in the area does it matter? SIMPLES (Oh no ive been brainwashed by meerkat)
:wozza:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ive been told by my solicitor not to comment as im not the flavour of the month with the stewards atm :down:

Jan 30, 2008
you soft muppet, you sound like one of the sorts that have driven so many fans away from withdean , its not always the stewards fault, f***ing anoraks and bobble hats dont help the place .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolute rubbish. The Germans and the Spanish and the Italians and the French have shown that you can have safe terracing and these are with much bigger crowds with much more intense atmospheres than a Brighton v Oldham game at Withdean.

Please stop trotting out Hillsborough as a defence of all seater stadia, The draconian measures were brought in by a Government that neither understood nor liked football and it's just silly to say that because we've never had a Hillsborough since that it proves it works. The Germans have proved that the measures were NEVER necessary.

When did I say it proves it works? I'm saying it is the motivation behind it. I'm also saying that just because a hillsborough type event hasn't occured in other countries doesn't mean it won't or can't.

No, the atmosphere at brighton v oldham probably won't rival chelsea v man utd, but how would you work it if you limited all-seater stadia to the premier league? Look how long it has taken us to get Falmer. Imagine if we had terraces and were heading into the premiership? Would you be happy to miss out because we didn't have an all seater stadium? Would you be willing to go to Portsmouth for our home matches? No we're not going to have the same atmosphere of the big boys, but if we want to be one of the big boys, we have to play by their rules.

Last edited:

....but if we want to be one of the big boys, we have to play by their rules.

Which appears to be "IGNORE THE NO STANDING RULE".

You really don't get it, do you? This threat of points docked and reduced capacity is just scaremongering. The FA do not care. If they don't care about Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal or Wigan or Southampton or Wolves or Port Vale or Orient or Peterborough or Leicester or Burnley or Sheffield Utd or Sunderland then they really couldn't give a toss about Brighton.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Stewards today we're bloody brilliant!! Quickly quelled any people standing up in both ends and threw out any trouble makers.

Long may stewarding like that continue. Football grounds will be a much safer place to visit once again if it does.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
you soft muppet, you sound like one of the sorts that have driven so many fans away from withdean , its not always the stewards fault, f***ing anoraks and bobble hats dont help the place .

I stand at games dont get me wrong, but asking the Stewards to turn a blind eye (as in this case) would just be asking for trouble IMO. Anoraks & Bobble Hats aint the problem...its the whinging morons who moan from kick off that are the problem with this clubs supporters "We're just a mini tottenham hotspur!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here