Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards are wankers

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
See, that steward was totally focused on crowd safety, apparently NOT bullying or cajoling from a hunger for power.

They can't win!

To be fair, I get on swimmingly with virtually all the Withdean stewards meself; & the stupidity of certain characters (particularly in H Block) sometimes beggers belief. In the end, I guess all groups have their cerebrally challenged members & 'tis the way it will always be. Let's just enjoy our summer & the cessation of fan-steward angst; & hope Gus manages to provide so much pitch-based flair next season that it'll provide a refreshing distraction from all the other nonsense. Well I can dream, can't I? :smile:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I know the kids that got kicked out and I'm very good mates with one of them, I was standing next to him the whole of the first half and he was standing on the floor and not on his chair. The stewards saw him at the back of the stand and decided that he MUST of been standing on his chair as they could see him.

The steward that kicked them out was called Kev and I know someone who used to steward at Withdean and other local venues. When I told him about the whole incident his reply was "Typical Kev, always seems to be "trouble" when Kev is around" or words similar to that.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
some people have part time jobs for a variety of reasons: boredom, additional income or even just to get away from the wife

that doesn't mean that 'we will be signing on in the morning'
A lot of the stewards are albion fans but for reasons known only to them they are stewarding instead of spectating.

Just face it, if you act like a d*ck you will get chucked out, being a steward is a job and we do have to do what we are told no matter how silly it may seem.

believe it or not, the majority of stewards would rather not have to come into the stands and moan, I would rather everything just went smoothly but that just wont happen.

I was there for the Rushden game and their fans had a huge chip on their shoulders and some real hatred towards the football league and any clubs in it and were generally being idiots and abusive to the female stewards.

It's very easy to be tough and talk about being pussy when yor behind a keyboard...

:facepalm:

Honestly, it's comments such as these that show you lot up for what you really are! THIS is what's wrong with the stewarding at the our club.

I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores of people who take part time jobs that involve dressing up in a uniform and bossing people around, other than to say that there are plenty of jobs that don't involve playing at policemen.

No, the real issue is how these people go about doing their jobs. Stewards who approach each game hoping that it'll go smoothly but convinced that it "just wont happen" should not be stewarding.

Why not try approaching your 'job' with some humility and good humour, rather than the confrontational, po-faced attitude that you pretty much all seem to take?

Yes, you have to enforce the rules of the club, but remember these are not statutary laws; they are simply conditions of admission to a private place of business. If you make the rules so stupid and unbendable, or if you try to enforce them without good humour or without remembering that WE are the bloody 'customers', then the 'customers' will simply stop coming throught the door.

In many respects, you guys are actually there to serve us: to keep us safe and to enhance our matchday experience. But you really, really don't get that bit, do you?

Honestly, it's comments such as these that show you lot up for what you really are! THIS is what's wrong with the stewarding at the our club.

I'm not going to get into the whys and wherefores of people who take part time jobs that involve dressing up in a uniform and bossing people around, other than to say that there are plenty of jobs that don't involve playing at policemen.

No, the real issue is how these people go about doing their jobs. Stewards who approach each game hoping that it'll go smoothly but convinced that it "just wont happen" should not be stewarding.

Why not try approaching your 'job' with some humility and good humour, rather than the confrontational, po-faced attitude that you pretty much all seem to take?

Yes, you have to enforce the rules of the club, but remember these are not statutary laws; they are simply conditions of admission to a private place of business. If you make the rules so stupid and unbendable, or if you try to enforce them without good humour or without remembering that WE are the bloody 'customers', then the 'customers' will simply stop coming throught the door.

In many respects, you guys are actually there to serve us: to keep us safe and to enhance our matchday experience. But you really, really don't get that bit, do you?

There are so many contradictions in that post that I think you might need your head examined, so I'll just credit the REST of our fanbase with way more sense, and at least enough to know that you would be the worse public defendant for any one of them.

It saves me the time, too.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
There are so many contradictions in that post that I think you might need your head examined, so I'll just credit the REST of our fanbase with way more sense, and at least enough to know that you would be the worse public defendant for any one of them.

typical NMH response: you're wrong but... umm... I can't tell you why...

Showing a bit of balance in a post IS NOT the same as contradicting yourself.

oh do keep up!

Last edited:

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I heard a male steward saying he was going to quit because of a female steward who wanting the kids kicked out which would suggest that some of the stewards aren't exactly happy at the moment.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No-ones ever explained to me why it's safe to stand up and jump around when there's a goal, but not the rest of the time. Could someone explain this to me? NMH?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
... and can someone please explain to the young'uns ...

Celery was invented to be thrown on to the PITCH, not at fellow supporters.

Kids today. They know NOTHING.

Surely , throwing sticks of celery on the pitch would mean that it is being used as a missile ? :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
please read Paul's answer on ATC

I have no idea why you lot don't sit down when asked...all this bollocks about atmosphere's can only be made when people stand up.....so you can only sing and shout when you stand up? Yes, we stand up when a goal has been scored....BUT why is it that only the H Block twats think it is their RIGHt to stand up......look at the rest of the ground!

And to the morons chucking celery, I remember when in the old stand way before you lot were fish in your fathers bollocks celery was thrown IN THE AIR, not at other fans......if these morons would have started that in them days, they would have left the ground in ambulances.

Oh btw to the little scroat who threw celery and hit the young lady sat by me in the eye and she left the ground crying and missed the "lap of honour (sic) " congratulations. I hope that makes you feel really big.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
if you can't work it out, i can't be arsed to tell you tbh

Well thanks a lot for that. I think you could ask every fan that's attended a football league match this weekend without getting a reasonable answer. But clearly you have special powers.

portslade-by-sea

Jan 24, 2010
yet apparently at Withdean we have to employ a load of people who failed their copper fitness test who like nothing better than stifling ANY kind of life.

You sound like you failed at being a copper, then failed to be a steward, thats why your on here night and day, with no kind of life. :bla::bla::bla:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Well thanks a lot for that. I think you could ask every fan that's attended a football league match this weekend without getting a reasonable answer. But clearly you have special powers.

He doesn't have an answer for you.

I think it's because there is no logical explanation: it's certainly not about safety - much more likely to be about keeping us in our place, both physically and figuratively.

Maybe it's to compensate for their fear that - if left to do as we please - we'll all lose the plot and charge onto the pitch to attack the ref or something. Or swap seats with a mate.

Yeah, me and my 6-yr-old nephew and the over-60s that I sit with. Violent, subversive nutters, the bloody lot of us! :facepalm:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You sound like you failed at being a copper, then failed to be a steward, thats why your on here night and day, with no kind of life. :bla::bla::bla:

:laugh: Nice one. I'm actually sat in a library for the last few weeks trying to revise, bored out of my mind, which explains why I seem to be on here for long periods of time even if I'm not constantly looking at the board. I'm not quite sure why I'm justifying myself to you as your post doesn't really make any sense and you are clearly a prick of the highest order.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:laugh: Nice one. I'm actually sat in a library for the last few weeks trying to revise, bored out of my mind, which explains why I seem to be on here for long periods of time even if I'm not constantly looking at the board. I'm not quite sure why I'm justifying myself to you as your post doesn't really make any sense and you are clearly a prick of the highest order.

Get on with your homework and make something of yourself then. Have you seen the employment figures for those coming out of eduction lately? And it's going to get worse. So don't waste time arguing on here, get on with it and get ahead of the pack by making the most of your time. Don't waste this opportunity, arguments will always be here on NSC for many years to come and you can join in then :thumbsup:

He doesn't have an answer for you.

I think it's because there is no logical explanation: it's certainly not about safety - much more likely to be about keeping us in our place, both physically and figuratively.

Maybe it's to compensate for their fear that - if left to do as we please - we'll all lose the plot and charge onto the pitch to attack the ref or something. Or swap seats with a mate.

Yeah, me and my 6-yr-old nephew and the over-60s that I sit with. Violent, subversive nutters, the bloody lot of us! :facepalm:

Believe me, the squawking idiots with low peripheral capabilities in the thought department will all blither on incessantly regardless of how succinct is my explanation.

It's already a fact that I have told any normal iq'd person enough to be able to figure it out for themselves, so you who pop your head up to make these comments are only showing y'selves up as the bottom-of-the-class types who can't understand normal thinking.

Toodles :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here