Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards are wankers

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
All they were trying to do was create an atmosphere:angry:

no they were standing up and instead of sitting down when asked they continued to stand.

there is a simple way to stop this happening when approached by a steward and asked to sit down ,just do it then you will not get thrown out.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I notice someone had their inflatable doll taken off them too. Let's be done with it and just ban all fun from football.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
no they were throwing celery the most apparently because I was standing with them

Not apparently, I was watching them do it. I'm glad those dickheads got chucked out, there were a few others who deserved it as well.

There seemed to be far too many pre-pubecant children not watching the game and concentrating on throwing celery at people today. It wasn't even just at their mates, they were doing it at people minding their own business.

It's not funny, if you want to do childrens shit go to the youth club, don't bring it to football.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
They went chucked out for standing on their seats. FACT.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I had a look at that block today, what a bunch of spivs.

Same old , same old , lets hope they become annoymous in Falmer

I hope our loyal and capable steward force didn't let the whole season get spoiled by allowing the last match to get out of hand.
We don't have Mark McGhee in charge saying "oh well it's the final game and although many who paid for a ticket were poorly represented, it didn't really matter".

Well done to the stewarding and policing of another exemplary season at the borrowed little athletics track in a sensitive residential location.
That's what you ALL ought to be saying, and what you SHOULD be grateful for.
Not worrying about a few sad little scrotes who cannot follow simple instructions and want to challenge every authority put in place for their/your own ultimate benefits.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I hope our loyal and capable steward force didn't let the whole season get spoiled by allowing the last match to get out of hand.
We don't have Mark McGhee in charge saying "oh well it's the final game and although many who paid for a ticket were poorly represented, it didn't really matter".

Well done to the stewarding and policing of another exemplary season at the borrowed little athletics track in a sensitive residential location.
That's what you ALL ought to be saying, and what you SHOULD be grateful for.
Not worrying about a few sad little scrotes who cannot follow simple instructions and want to challenge every authority put in place for their/your own ultimate benefits.

Nope. Will always challenge bullys and power abusers, it's what my grandparents fought against. How apt on VE day. In this day and age you have to do better than just threatening anyone who merely questions why you haven't opened enough turnstiles. Well done the woman steward who ticked off the ape making a right monkey of himself today in the family stand. His best attempts to make himself a code one situation, his lies and threats, just wouldn't wash with me cause I'm a stubborn bastard who won't be intimidated by the Stasi rejects who continue to plague our club. And special thanks to tony, a complete stranger who grabbed me later and said he saw the whole episode and would back any official complaint I make. Will think about it overnight. Lazy bit in me says don't bother. Citizen bit says I ought to because bad stewards like that ought to be thrown out. We don't need them at our club.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
no they were throwing celery the most apparently because I was standing with them

So the fact I spoke to them after the game and the stewards told 'em it was because they were standing means nothing?

The fact that they were the back row makes the whole thing pretty stupid :facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What outrageous crime did those lot ejected from the South Stand do ?

Patently another steward staff training exercise. Same as the stewards today were right in there among the Yeovil fans, something they'd never dare do if, say, Leeds were the visitors.

fraserBHA

Feb 22, 2009
thrown out

i was one of th lads who got thrown out two people around us was standing on chairs they came up once , at half time i went to get something to eat all them just got me and said there taking me out then my friends come down then they got thrown out and the people who were standing on chairs didnt get thrown out its a joke tbh

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
On my way in I was told to keep hold of my ticket as there was inspections.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You have to let the stewards off, they'll be signing on in the morning so just wanted a little bit of overtime pay.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
You have to let the stewards off, they'll be signing on in the morning so just wanted a little bit of overtime pay.

yawn yawn

some people have part time jobs for a variety of reasons: boredom, additional income or even just to get away from the wife

that doesn't mean that 'we will be signing on in the morning'
A lot of the stewards are albion fans but for reasons known only to them they are stewarding instead of spectating.

Just face it, if you act like a d*ck you will get chucked out, being a steward is a job and we do have to do what we are told no matter how silly it may seem.

also, regarding the away end; things were fine until 3 people went on the track and from my understanding a few drunk teenagers were not listening to what stewards and the police told them, the lad who got chucked out understood and accepted why he was ejected.

believe it or not, the majority of stewards would rather not have to come into the stands and moan, I would rather everything just went smoothly but that just wont happen.

see you all next season

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
yawn yawn

some people have part time jobs for a variety of reasons: boredom, additional income or even just to get away from the wife

that doesn't mean that 'we will be signing on in the morning'
A lot of the stewards are albion fans but for reasons known only to them they are stewarding instead of spectating.

Just face it, if you act like a d*ck you will get chucked out, being a steward is a job and we do have to do what we are told no matter how silly it may seem.

also, regarding the away end; things were fine until 3 people went on the track and from my understanding a few drunk teenagers were not listening to what stewards and the police told them, the lad who got chucked out understood and accepted why he was ejected.

believe it or not, the majority of stewards would rather not have to come into the stands and moan, I would rather everything just went smoothly but that just wont happen.

see you all next season

Are you one of those hags down the front of H block? My guess is the fat one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here