Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Dobbie

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Answer the question you delightful gentleman.

Why?
It's like saying "If Bill Archer had taken over again at the end of the Dick Knight regime and paid for The Amex to be built, would he be a hero?"

Don't know, don't care. He didn't. Why? Because he's not that good.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Think he needs a goal. I personally think he will come good and be popular with the majority of the fans. Yes he did not do much on Saturday, but then neither did half the others who were on the pitch for the whole game. Give the bloke a chance.It does'nt take the moaners long to slag off another one of our players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As far as this thread is concerned Dobbie's main problem is he's not Beckford / Cole / Bothroyd. I believe he'll contribute and he looks like he'll fit in with our style of play.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Out of interest if he had scored with that shot after wriggling through 3 defenders, would he be your hero or would he still be shit?
It was odd that the one time he actually had a real chance he went for the pass back option when almost every other time he gets the ball he just blasts it as hard as he can in what he hopes is the direction of goal :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Expecting new players to come on in fits and starts and perform is unrealistic. It has taken most of our team a long time to adapt to our way of playing.

What players like dobbie need is a sustained run in the side to adapt and show what he is capable of

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can see why Gus wanted him but he isn't on the same wavelength and the rest of the players and subsequently he rarely gets the ball in areas that he wants it. Given time he should be a great player but I'm not expecting much from him before Christmas. The runs he makes nobody is finding him and the balls we play he doesn't seem to read, he seems to be more of a box player who expects to scrap for a ball against a defender rather than a silky skilled player who has it arrive neatly at his feet before he finishes off one of our super flowing moves.

In summary, he needs time to adapt his game to Gus' style of play and then he'll be a gooden

D

Deleted member 2719

Class player who has only had 10 minutes (on Saturday) in his correct position with CMS in front of him. Some of the stuff he tried was sublime, the mazy dribble for example to crate space for a shot, but his finishing wasn't great. Give him a run of games in that position behind CMS and he'll more than prove his worth. Stupid to write him off as lazy and shit already, but then this is NSC.

Totally agree just hopes Gus will let him play there for any period of time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think that's the one thing we can rule out. The man is a massive bottler, he's afraid to even leave his foot in tackles and I've lost count of the number of times he waits for the ball to come to him only for it to be easily intercepted by a defender because he's not willing to go to it and challenge. Dobbie is a TART and another example of funds being wasted by Poyet. I can sometimes tolerate shit players, but what I cannot stand is shit players who don't try.

We need to give him time to settle in, however I do agree appears a little bit of bottle job so far, countless times on saturday he didn't bother for a 50/50 ball and a couple of time didn't bother chasing the ball when it looked like he could have got it, there was one particular time towards the end of the second half just outside and to the left of the goal, the defender just nipped in and took the ball however the ball rolled loose and he just stood there and looked like he was more upset about losing the ball than he was interested in winning it back, the thing is he needs to start performing because unless he's playing well our fans will get on his back as he doesn't seem to be making effort.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Think he needs a goal. I personally think he will come good and be popular with the majority of the fans. Yes he did not do much on Saturday, but then neither did half the others who were on the pitch for the whole game. Give the bloke a chance.It does'nt take the moaners long to slag off another one of our players.

This.
Give him a chance, let the floodgates open. If anthing give Dobbie some full matches & get rid of AB for a while, I know thats another thread currently circulating!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hes quality.

Anyone who cant see it has no idea about football.

He should play in Barnes position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here