Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Dobbie

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
There was one moment on Saturday where he picked up the ball about 10 yards outside their box and he somehow managed to find his way through about 4 Boro players to the 6 yard box then had the ball just taken away from him before he could pull the trigger. Great player part of a poorly performing side at the moment if you ask me.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
All people saying "oh he's got quality, he's got skill", that is what he thinks too, that's the problem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've lost count of the number of times he waits for the ball to come to him only for it to be easily intercepted by a defender because he's not willing to go to it and challenge. .

I agree 100% with that. He looks classy on the ball and has good feet but his shooting has been woeful and he looks lazy or disinterested to me and should battle for the ball when it is near him. I don't mean run around like a headless chicken but at least have a go at getting the ball. If it doesn't come to his feet he invariably loses it and just walks away. His pace also bothers me but he does have a decent record at this level and for that reason I'm not giving up on him just yet.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Biggest problem for me is that he's quite obviously ideal for the striker supporting CMS.

As yet he hasn't been tried in this role which I find quite disturbing.

I noticed his expression and body language when the final whistle went on Saturday and he looked mighty pissed off that it's not happening for him at the moment. IMO he just needs some gametime in the role he's been successful at before for other clubs.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's not. Unlike some people on this site I'm more than prepared to accept other opinions, so if some people think he's a good player then fair enough. I just happen to think he's shit. But what is surely not up for debate is his effort. I've honestly never seen a player pull out of as many challenges in a career as Dobbie has in five games.

Do you know, thanks to your avatar I just can't take anything you say remotely seriously.

OK for a teenage girl maybe but every time you post I just assume you have the judgement of a teenage girl.

Sorry.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but, so far, I'm not very impressed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
At the risk of repeating myself, Warren Aspinall told a caller on Radio Sussex after the Derby match a couple of weeks ago that Dobbie would score at least 15 goals this season!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You'd have the NSC mongs all trying to get on your good side, which is utterly cringeworthy but then HILARIO when it turns out that you look like a lollipop lady.

Very true:lolol:

I'm not sure what's more amusing out of finding out the latest NSC lady who is attracting the attention of the dribblers is a middle-aged FLUMP and the utter GIMPFEST that is that conversation between two saddos on the profile of one of the poor girls who posts on here. I like both a lot.

These. Marvellous scenes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
We all know the guy is a good player. He just really doesn't look sharp at all and i don't really think he has gelled with the team as of yet.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
. In 84 games in the English league, he has scored 18 goals. He'll be 30 in December. Where is the evidence that there is any more to come?

Considering that in many of those games he has played as an attacker midfielder i'd say that is a very healthy strike rate. If you are going to use stats to back up an argument at least use them properly.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Can anyone else see the potential with him? He looks as though he can be a top player for us once he settles in a bit. Technically, I think he's very good or certainly has the potential to be very good.

Unfortunately so far he has been pretty disappointing and was poor on Sat - but I can see this one coming good? What's your thoughts?

Keep The Faith.

he did look as though he could play if he could be arsed! maybe out of fitness or just a bit slow?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Probably feeling the pressure to prove him self, just like CMS did when he hit that poor form last season. Hopefully once he gets his first he can relax a bit.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think (hope?) he'll come good later in the season once he's used to our game, especially if he's used as a direct CMS replacement as that doesn't seem to be his natural game.

He appears to have some great dribbling skills but (when I've seen him play) runs down a blind alley and gets bogged down before getting a shot/pass off.

Course, he may not improve and just stay frustrating...nah, I've got faith, he'll win everyone round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here