Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Dobbie

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
As ive already said on here he needs about 10 games in the Development squad and plenty of extra curricular fitness training.
Then you will see a quality skillfull top striker at work !!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is not a striker, well not a lone striker that's for sure. His best position in the current set up, would be coming in from wide. Or playing as an advanced midfielder. The only way he will be effective as a striker is to play off a hold up striker. Sure we got another player who would beneifit from that as well???. You would have thought, signing a player like that would have been a priority. Wonder why we can't get one??? Oh well, just get another midfielder instead.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's so obvious Dobbie was a panic buy at the eleventh hour, when everything else went tits up. He so wasn't the type of player we were after, but we needed a striker and time was running out.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't think he wants to be here. Looks like early disinterested Murray. We really shouldn't buy any more from Swansea. Dobbin by name and Dobbin by nature.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has a good technique , ball control and passes well but doesn't have the decisive final touch of putting the ball in the back of the net. I think he needs to lose some weight to gain pace. At Derby the ball was played for him to run on to (which CMS and Barnesy would get to) but he was too slow and an opposition player got there first to kick it away.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
so far, fat mess & touch of a rapist. Let's hope he improves.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There was one moment on Saturday where he picked up the ball about 10 yards outside their box and he somehow managed to find his way through about 4 Boro players to the 6 yard box then had the ball just taken away from him before he could pull the trigger. Great player part of a poorly performing side at the moment if you ask me.

Nice re-writing of history there. He beat three men and the passed the ball to the keeper. His only moment of promise so far ending with a dismal finish.

Total waste of money. Not tall enough, not slim enough, not good enough.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
We had two statues in Paynter and Vokes last season who didn't fit the bill, and now we have a ball playing, dribbling maestro, who again, doesn't fit the bill. The simple reason for this is because we don't play the ball into the six-yard box. We play it wide, where Lua Lua and/or Buckley have been found out by the oppo defenders, and the ball isn't arriving in the box. CMS can run around all day, but if there is no service, there is no joy. Regarding Dobbie's body language, I read only one thing, which is, 'How do you expect me to do anything, if the ball isn't going into the danger areas...' :smile:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Nice re-writing of history there. He beat three men and the passed the ball to the keeper. His only moment of promise so far ending with a dismal finish.

Total waste of money. Not tall enough, not slim enough, not good enough.

Apologies if my memory is not f***ing perfect.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's so obvious Dobbie was a panic buy at the eleventh hour, when everything else went tits up. He so wasn't the type of player we were after, but we needed a striker and time was running out.
Not according to scouts at the club apparently Gus had been chasing him for a longtime before finally getting him. Yes I think that he will come good as the partner to CMS.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I wasn't having ago at your memory. I was having ago at you for completely making something up to back up your opinion.

I wasn't aware I was completely making something up at the time of writing.

Dec 29, 2011

I was told about Dobbie signing two days before the window shut, so I wouldn't say he was an "eleventh hour buy".

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not according to scouts at the club apparently Gus had been chasing him for a longtime before finally getting him. Yes I think that he will come good as the partner to CMS.

Hope your right...The worrying thing about that, is Gus chased Harley for a long time as well, before finally getting his man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here