Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Harper - signs on a month's loan

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The penny has dropped for Gus, the League One players who have not been able to step up consistently to a higher level have been sussed out and they are one by one being replaced. Gus has a ruthless streak which will see us get better! If he has eyes on a top job, then failing at Championship level won't look good on his CV!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is being unduly harsh on Ankergren. Sure, Harper is an upgrade and that's brilliant, but Caspar is still better than Brezovan and was a regular in our Championship winning side so deserves respect.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good decision. Harper was one of NUs best players two years ago in the Champ and will really force CA to up his game to have a chance of getting his position back. I think this says more about Brez and Poke not providing competition than it does about CA. Harper is a better keeper than Kelvin Davis and I hope we get him for the season. The next season lets get Lewis!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Poyet said: "I needed to make a decision about something I feel that we need, nothing else. There's no drama, no secrets."

Some people in my opionion have been harsh on Casper, he has been, is and will be a great player. I reckon this will help him improve and has added some good competition for places. No pressure on Harper then if he plays tonight....

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Poyet said: "I needed to make a decision about something I feel that we need, nothing else. There's no drama, no secrets."

Some people in my opionion have been harsh on Casper, he has been, is and will be a great player. I reckon this will help him improve and has added some good competition for places. No pressure on Harper then if he plays tonight....

I'm not sure I would use the word 'great', but much respect to him for his part in a superb League One winning season.

This season he has, in my opinion, not been quite as good as we need to challenge in the Championship but, if he is capable of improvement at his age, then full marks to him.... and a bonus for the Club.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bloody delighted with this. A quality 'keeper with Premiership and Championship experience is just what our side needed. Hopefully we can get him 'til the end of the season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Harper will be busy tonight.... wait for the the threads tonight on how he is shit, and not the answer if he does not stop every shot on target or low and behold lets a soft one in !

Harper is a proven experienced keeper at a high level, just what we are after regardless of how he plays tonight, remember that all !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cant believe there isnt a thread making up songs for him yet:eek:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cant believe there isnt a thread making up songs for him yet:eek:

HAR!... per just dived, and he saved to the left
He must be a keeper of class
He just dived and he saved to the right

To the tune of (I just) Died in your arms tonight by cutting crew.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This is a good signing. However Harper has been out of first team action for some while and I believe him to be steady rather than spectacular. Hopefully he will give confidence to those in front of him, for it is they who are going to need to lift their performances if results are going to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here