Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Harper - signs on a month's loan

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Looks like Gus has singled out the defense for improvement. Wouldn't be surprised if Jara takes Calderon out the side at right back, rather than playing him in central midfield.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
still opinionless about the real matter twinky.

however, are you thick as shit? to even question IF it was an opinion you must be. i give up with your 'trying to be clever sarcy little jibes'. heard it all before from little men like you. ones that give it large and back it up with sweet FA.

You really haven't got a clue about me (or anything else, for that matter). :lolol:

Still, I've absolutely no doubt that you'll just carry on believing yourself to be clued-up & righteous, so I'll do my best to ignore your scintilating footballing acumen & charming repartee in future. :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Too much testosterone on this thread coming from Ernest and Dig.

Now cant we all just hug each other, come out of the cellar, celebrate the end of the beatings and move on?

BTW when I say beatings I mean the metaphorical ones rather than the real ones we've had in the league. I dont totally blame casper for them (yes he was a contributing factor but then so has been at least 3 others on the pitch although as 'keeper he will always carry the can).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on Twinkle Toes, be a good little boy and let the bigger lads worry about the football. :lolol:

(Glorious scenes)

D

Deleted member 18477

You really haven't got a clue about me (or anything else, for that matter). :lolol:

Still, I've absolutely no doubt that you'll just carry on believing yourself to be clued-up & righteous, so I'll do my best to ignore your scintilating footballing acumen & charming repartee in future. :thumbsup:

says the one that is STILL opinionless about the real matter! yea i'd advise that, you're doing the decent thing in staying out of the way of proper fans that actually want to talk football and not just have a go like yourself. fair play young lady! :thumbsup:

p.s. looks like gus is now agreeing with me that ankergren is not very good. smug? you could say that. remember im the clueless one according to you... LOL!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
says the one that is STILL opinionless about the real matter! yea i'd advise that, you're doing the decent thing in staying out of the way of proper fans that actually want to talk football and not just have a go like yourself. fair play young lady! :thumbsup:

You're well named but stop digging as you're making yourself look very foolish.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Why does it always seem to take ages to get the Offical confirmation from our own club ????

I am still waiting for the official club text to tell me about the REYES signing but that is another issue...(Subcription now Cancelled)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As pleased as I am at signing a good player, I have to admit I am a little surprised at Kasper being dropped and seemingly blamed for leaking goals. I thought the midfield was the issue.

In all honesty he's had 12 league games to prove himself at this level and he has'nt really taken his chance that well, Even in the Hull game when he kept a clean sheet there was a massive gulf in class between Kasper and the Hull keeper and you need the extra class at this level. It's a shame for Kasper but if we're going to push on as a club then these sort of decisions have to be made and I'm glad we've got a manager who's willing to make them.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My only concern tonight is how certain the back 4 will be with Harper not having trained with them to pass back to him and play our style. He will have to be very loud in his shouts when he is and isn't coming to collect crosses etc.

Good signing and needed but just concern with it being so close to a match

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thank god for that. Ankergen was costing us and looking like a clown. Poyet is in the Know. Hope he plays tonight

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My only concern tonight is how certain the back 4 will be with Harper not having trained with them to pass back to him and play our style. He will have to be very loud in his shouts when he is and isn't coming to collect crosses etc.

The bloke is 36 and has played top division many many times. Pretty sure he will keep his head and adapt if needed

Cant be worst than shakergen

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

be amazed if he plays tonite

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good to have him, but isn't it just a short term solution if he only stays for a month? We need something more permanent don't we? Even if it was Harper until January with the opportunity of keeping him until the end of the season. Just a thought.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I take it the 'real matter' is that of the current goalkeeping situation at The Albion? Well if it is, I don't think it takes a genius to work out that I personally think that Casper Ankergren is a decent player & has recently been scapegoated for not only his own mistakes but those in front of him. Do I think Steve Harper is a better 'keeper than him? Well yes, I think he has been in the past: due to the number of games he's played in the top flight. I sincerely hope that he shows that he is an improvement on the player he replaces, but I would also say exactly the same thing about any signing who comes to the club. In the meantime, I will do my best to get behind ALL of our players & be patient whilst our Manager builds a team that can perform consistently & successfully in this Division.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
be amazed if he plays tonite

According to Naylor's twitter, Gus has confirmed Harper will be playing tonight. I always worry when a new Goalie plays behind a defence he doesn't know. However, both Ankergren and Brezovan made their debuts for us before attending a training session. It seems Gus doesn't share the same concerns as I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here